Has anyone noticed erratic aircraft right stick?
889 5 2015-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

I was flying out on the airfield today and was in beginners mode as I've been experiencing some odd behaviour and I want to be sure it will perform as expected when stretching the yardage. So after compass calibration I spun the props up and set the home point. Hit the left stick and hovered for a few seconds to set the camera and do a few stick movements, all seemed fine. I took the copter out a ways and hit the distance limit. I attempted to rotate the copter towards me and pushed the right stick forward and got this strange ( hit the wall ) jerky action. The copter would not go forward or backward I had to fly in jerky small actions to be able to land the aircraft in a safe spot. After that I did a mother compass cal. and all seemed good? Perhaps the copter was glitching in beginners mode and thought any action was going outside the range?
2015-3-10
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Post firmware update ,Do you Re- link and calibrate  the remote controller?  
2015-3-10
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

The aircraft can be a little funny when you hit the beginner limit. It won't do that when you remove the limits. If you are an experienced multirotor pilot then you can unlock the aircraft and expect it will fly well.

If you are not an experienced multirotor pilot I would not fly the Inspire at all with the current GPS issues. Get a cheap quad for learning on. Fly it until you don't need the GPS and fly banked figure 8's and are totally comfortable flying patterns with the nose in.
2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Weird, I haven't had anything like that.   I have had it hit the distance limit and stop but never had any trouble getting it to come back.

Maybe it couldn't decide whether you were trying to fly closer or further so just froze?
2015-3-10
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yeah, that's what I thought. Hit the wall glitch.
2015-3-10
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-11 12:42
Weird, I haven't had anything like that.   I have had it hit the distance limit and stop but never h ...

It was weird, I could operate the left stick fine and could get some directional input from the right, but the input was really jerky and I was concerned it might flip over and not be recoverable. So I milked it to the ground without much travel
2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules