Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD card reader needs replacement
1981 6 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DC Alaska
lvl.1
United States

I accidentally put my SD card in up-side down. It must have damaged something because when I insert a card (correctly) it says "insert new SD card". I tried various brands of SD cards, none work. I was going to swap the circuit board that the SD card reader is attached to, with one from a phantom 4, but the circuit board is different so that won't work. Does anyone know how I can find the circuit board that I need for the 4 pro? Any info is appreciated.
2017-5-29
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

How many different cards did you try and what brands?  I had a sony card and some other brand that gave me same message but my sandisk cards work fine.
2017-5-29
Use props
DC Alaska
lvl.1
United States

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-5-29 13:13
How many different cards did you try and what brands?  I had a sony card and some other brand that gave me same message but my sandisk cards work fine.

I tried SanDisk 8GB,  SanDisk Extreme 16 GB,  Lexar 16 GB  and Kingston 32GB.  It worked just fine before I put the SD card in upside-down. Pretty sure I need a new SD card reader, along with the small circuit board it's attached to. Thank you for your reply.
2017-5-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DC Alaska Posted at 2017-5-29 18:41
I tried SanDisk 8GB,  SanDisk Extreme 16 GB,  Lexar 16 GB  and Kingston 32GB.  It worked just fine before I put the SD card in upside-down. Pretty sure I need a new SD card reader, along with the small circuit board it's attached to. Thank you for your reply.

I think your best bet is to look for someone who is parting-out a used aircraft and see if they have the board you are looking for. Alternately, contact DJI support and ask for a quote on replacing the board. If you are good at repairing tiny things, you might try opening it up and examining the board. The most likely scenario is that one or more of the very small contact fingers has bent back and is not making contact.
2017-5-29
Use props
DC Alaska
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-29 19:02
I think your best bet is to look for someone who is parting-out a used aircraft and see if they have the board you are looking for. Alternately, contact DJI support and ask for a quote on replacing the board. If you are good at repairing tiny things, you might try opening it up and examining the board. The most likely scenario is that one or more of the very small contact fingers has bent back and is not making contact.

I've contacted DJI and am hoping to be able to purchase the board I need. Thank you for your advise!
2017-5-30
Use props
PEIGUY
New
Flight distance : 161010 ft
Canada

Did you get a price . I need the reader for a mavic pro if anyone has parts
2021-4-6
Use props
PEIGUY
New
Flight distance : 161010 ft