DJI requires me to link my account to a China Mainland number
2314 6 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdfb73a78
New
United Kingdom

So I have an issue and I don't know how to resolve.

I bought the drone in Shanghai from the official DJI store. The shop assistant set it up for me in store.

Everything works fine, obtained some nice panoramic shots of a brightly lit shanghai skyline.

Now my problem - I take the drone back to the UK, hook my phone up and launch the app... before I can do anything I get a message saying I need to link my DJI account to a China Mainland Number! Of course I don't live in china anymore so this issue is annoying. I cannot use the app at all until this stage is bypassed rendering my drone useless. Any attempts to put a UK number in fails, as the format is invalid. Can anybody help me here? I just want to use my drone! There seems to be NO solution to this problem based on past searches.
2017-5-29
Use props
fansdfb73a78
New
United Kingdom

Would appreciate a response admin. I feel like my DJI mavic is an expensive paper weight right now...
2017-5-30
Use props
AGILA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45085 ft
Philippines

I'm not sure why you need to link a specific Chinese phone number to launch the DJI app. Maybe you can delete the app and redownload it using your own Apple ID? I can't remember the DJI app asking me to link my phone number at all or any app for that matter.
2017-5-30
Use props
fansdfb73a78
New
United Kingdom

I tried to do what you have stated and it doesn't work. I even set up a new account on my fathers iPhone and I still get requested to provide a Chinese mainland number ...
2017-5-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Ugh. Sounds like you need to open a support request. Good luck and please post the solution here for the next person who has to deal with this.
2017-5-31
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

fansdfb73a78 Posted at 2017-5-31 02:15
I tried to do what you have stated and it doesn't work. I even set up a new account on my fathers iPhone and I still get requested to provide a Chinese mainland number ...

When you uninstalled the app, is there a way to clear out all the folders?  I am guessing the app has a cached file saying it is in China.
2017-5-31
Use props
matthew.becker
New
Australia

I managed to fix this issue. Steps:

1. Uninstall DJI App
2. Install a File Browser app on your phone (I used FX)
3. Delete all folder and files you can see with the word DJI in it
(Main Storage > DJI Folder), (Main Storage > dji.go.v4 Folder) and there may also be a DJI text file in Main Storage also.
4. Reinstall the app
5. Log into app and turn off BOTH China settings
6. Restart App
7. Turn on RC and AC and connect as normal

I'm 99% sure this issue is caused by the Flight Simulator! Don't use unless you are happy to follow this process every time.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules