Battery self discharge
1489 5 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Just wondering, Is it harmful for my P3S battery to discharge several times without actual use? What I mean by this us I have charged up my battery several time only to be unable to get out, thus the battery discharges (set for 3 days). It has been charged and discharged 3, times, is this not good for the battery?
2017-5-29
Use props
john.g
New

United States

I'm thinking the bigger issue would be keeping battery at full charge.  Will tend to eventually cause it to "puff".  At that point battery is pretty much spent
2017-5-30
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Not hurting anything in the big sense. It does use battery cycles, just like you used the battery in the same amount.
2017-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could always set the discharge period to 10 days, or if you push button to check charge I believe that resets the day counter to zero.
You will not harm the batteries by doing what you are.
2017-5-30
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I have set to three days as I have read that the longer it stays fully charged the harder it is o. The battery but by setting to 3 days I find I'm recharging a lot, only get weekends off to fly so charge on a Friday night on hopes I get out on the weekend, when this plan fails I know it will discharge on Monday then have to do it all again Friday.... If I change to any other cycle really doesn't help... Tks
2017-5-30
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I hear ya with only getting to fly on the weekends. I usually will get up Saturday morning and as soon as I know I have a little time later I'll throw 1 on. Like stated above it does no harm doing what you are doing, the only negative is you'll eventually shorten the overall life of the battery.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules