DJI Support - 14days Replacement Policy - IS IT TRUE?
2735 14 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Very dissappointed with DJI's support - 14 days Replacement Policy - not sure if this is true.

I have purchased a P4P and during test flights I noticed that the camera was twitching (uprupt movement ususally downwards) when I was recording at 4k or FHD at 60fps. Because I found this issue within the first 14 days of purchase, I decided to follow DJI's commitment of replacing the drone with a new one.
I sent an email to DJI Support explaining the issue and I then sent the drone to Netherlands as I have been instructed. I was waiting for the whole process about 3 weeks and when I received a drone back, guess what! The P4P was exactly the one I have sent in for replacement - nothing changed - nothing replaced!!!

An interim email from DJI Support said "They don't find any issues on the unit and they send ship it back. We recommend to test the unit if the issue still exist."

What a surprise!!! I thought that, maybe they had some "secret" way (software patch or something) to repair the issue and I went for test flight. Yes, you don't have to guess now. THE ISSUE STILL EXISTS. I lost 3 weeks waiting my replacement, they returned the same drone back WITH EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I had purchased also the DJI CARE REFRESH, if it helps at all.

I have contacted again the DJI Support asking why? The answer: "When we receive the unit again, we will inspect it and ... send only the faulty unit and ...", "My apology for the misinformation. Please send your unit at your own means shipping to: DJI ...".

Great!!!!! This is DJI's support - 14 days Replacement Policy!

Can somebody tell me what to do please?
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sincerely sorry you're experiencing difficulties, I totally understand how frustrated that must be.
Would you please leave me your case number so we can look into it with the local repair team?
To locate where the problem exists, could you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox then post a link here? Please do not edit it at all, I will confirm it with our engineers, thank you for you support and patience!
2017-5-30
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

same for me here.
i brought a brand new P4 advanced plus with a second battery.
the main battery was inside the phantom and almost totally discharged when i open the box. i see cell 1 and 4 are not balanced. i fly 2 times carefuly (no full power no sport mode to not abuse the damaged battery)
i recharged it to balance cells but that doenst fixed the problems.

battery was still 4.25V 4,30V 4,30V 4,30V
https://ibb.co/jpCQDF
https://ibb.co/h88bLv

i send the faulty battery back to DJI at the third day i got it. they checked the lipo, send me a nice message i can enjoy the "free repair service" and below that another message that the battery can start the drone and they will send it back without repair or replacement...i am working with lithium cells every day. thats my job. this battery WILL cause problems sooner or later but the "engineer" said the voltage levels are inside acceptable parameters.
after YEARS of beeingDJI customer i didnt expect that move from DJI. really disappointed

2017-5-30
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-30 03:28
We are sincerely sorry you're experiencing difficulties, I totally understand how frustrated that must be.
Would you please leave me your case number so we can look into it with the local repair team?
To locate where the problem exists, could you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox then post a link here? Please do not edit it at all, I will confirm it with our engineers, thank you for you support and patience!

Dear Natalia, it is not necessary to upload any video. You have been checking these for some time now at a different thread where you can find the videos.
P4P - Camera Twitch at 4k60fps and FHD@60fps:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid811007

My case number is: CAS-616799-W6P4X4

2017-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-5-30 03:44
same for me here.
i brought a brand new P4 advanced plus with a second battery.
the main battery was inside the phantom and almost totally discharged when i open the box. i see cell 1 and 4 are not balanced. i fly 2 times carefuly (no full power no sport mode to not abuse the damaged battery)

We replied your video on YouTube as well.
Based on the numbers showing on the battery info page, there is no issue with the battery.
Please check its performance during use and feel free to contact us if you find any problems, we'd love to help.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-30 04:41
Dear Natalia, it is not necessary to upload any video. You have been checking these for some time now at a different thread where you can find the videos.
P4P - Camera Twitch at 4k60fps and FHD@60fps:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid811007

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I chekced your case, we replaced the gimbal for you.
I've reported your case to the R&D engineers. I'll get back to you once I hear from them, thank you so much for your patience!

2017-5-31
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-31 03:04
We replied your video on YouTube as well.
Based on the numbers showing on the battery info page, there is no issue with the battery.
Please check its performance during use and feel free to contact us if you find any problems, we'd love to help.

yes i saw that - thanks for reply there.
i took the video down for now to prevent damage for DJI company from negativ press.
i will test the battery but even now i see performance loss from the 3 flights i made compare to my second toally fine and perfectly balanced battery and come back to you when the first cell start to cause real problems.

numbers you see on battery info page are NOT what i am concerned about.
mid flight when battery is half empty and first cell is always orange while all other 3 cells are still shown as green: well that worries me and as soon i feel uncomfortable to fly this battery anymore because i risk to lost the P4 i will send the battery back again. or better i drive to shenzhen directly and talk to your guys in HQ about this.
thanks for now

2017-5-31
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-31 03:43
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I chekced your case, we replaced the gimbal for you.
I've reported your case to the R&D engineers. I'll get back to you once I hear from them, thank you so much for your patience!

Dear Natalia, thank you for the information you give!

However, it is very important to clarify why DJI support did not replace with a new Phantom 4 Pro the one which is defect, while DJI is advertising that they offer replacement within the first 14 days of purchase.

Furthermore, if the new gimbal did not solve the issue why this was not identified during the tests carried out in DJI, but only when I received it back I checked and found that the issue still exists? This means that the problem is not due to the gimbal/camera but ...

Anyway, we expect an answer to my first question as one of the main reasons we purchase DJI products is the policy about the 7days refund/14 days replacement.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-31 07:39

However, it is very important to clarify why DJI support did not replace with a new Phantom 4 Pro the one which is defect, while DJI is advertising that they offer replacement within the first 14 days of purchase.

I totally understand you feelings, I've informed the local repair team about your case, will look into and contact you for explanation.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-31 07:39

Here is an update:
The R&D engineers checked the video and confirmed that the issue would be fixed with the next firmware version.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-5-31 07:36
yes i saw that - thanks for reply there.
i took the video down for now to prevent damage for DJI company from negativ press.
i will test the battery but even now i see performance loss from the 3 flights i made compare to my second toally fine and perfectly balanced battery and come back to you when the first cell start to cause real problems.

Mindy replied your original post as well.
Our engineers checked the battery info during flight test but did not find any issues for battery. Please refer to the picture below.There is no need to worry about its performance.
You could keep an eye on it during use and contact at any time if you need help, thank you for your support.
Battery.png
2017-6-1
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-1 02:30
Here is an update:
The R&D engineers checked the video and confirmed that the issue would be fixed with the next firmware version.

Dear Natalia, thank you for the confirmation that the issue of camera twitch will be fixed with the new firmware update!

Do you have any information when this update will be released? And still, we need an explanation about DJI's 14days replacement policy.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-1 03:56
Dear Natalia, thank you for the confirmation that the issue of camera twitch will be fixed with the new firmware update!

Do you have any information when this update will be released? And still, we need an explanation about DJI's 14days replacement policy.

Sorry I have not got the information when it will be released, please keep an eye on our official website, thanks.
For the second question, the repair team is working on it now, will contact you for an update soon, appreciate your patience!
2017-6-1
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-1 02:30
Here is an update:

Dear Natalia, after 6 batteries of flight test, I can confirm that the issue with camera twitch has been fixed after the last firmware upgrade for both 4k60fps and FHD60fps.

Many thanks to you for your support and thanks also to DJI engineers for their work.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-13 11:51
Dear Natalia, after 6 batteries of flight test, I can confirm that the issue with camera twitch has been fixed after the last firmware upgrade for both 4k60fps and FHD60fps.

Many thanks to you for your support and thanks also to DJI engineers for their work.

That's great, thank you very much for your feedback, enjoy flying!
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules