Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
After analyzing flight data with Airdata i discover that during my flight i have bad RC signal (purple color). The environment is clear, it's field and i go often in this area and got never any problems. During this flight not any lost of signal or control all is perfect !

Phantom 4 Pro, Android, up to date firmware and new version of DJI GO 4 app.

Any suggestion or feedback ?

18765727_10155048572535845_4022794275151228463_n.jpg

Same spot few days ago with the same firmware, only the DJI Go App 4 was not updated:
signal1.jpg

Thank you :-)

2017-5-30
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

I noticed exactly the same problem after upgrading to the latest DJI GO 4 app 2 days ago. The transmission signal is highly degraded.

Before Update

Before Update

After Update

After Update
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

GPS is as well OK.
signal3.jpg
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hum sorry !
GPS sensor is OK but RC signal is purple it's 2 different things !
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have made a new flight and i ve got the same result !
I'm trying to share with DJI the flight record but the formular don't accept my Swiss Phone !

>>> DJI Need your help <<<

Thank you :-)
2017-5-30
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Could it be reducing the power to match local transmitter power limits? EU has stricter output strength limits than North America.
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Why not but not when the drone is at 10 meter of me... I have the same poor signal at 10m than at 700m :/
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Someone know from where come, in AirData the field "RC signal" ?
In fact, i'm analyzing the DJI drone flight log and in the viewer i don't  any information about RC signal strength.

Is it in a local LOG in the tablet / phone, in the DJI app log (where) ?

Thanks
2017-5-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is interesting. I might have to wait and see what DJI will say about the issue. Best bet, PM one fo the Admin to help expedite the issue.
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to verify what mobile device, Go app version and firmware versions you're running? Have you already tried reinstalling the app or trying different USB cables?
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

I will pm an admin. It's the last version of firmware, rc firmware and dji go 4 app for android. It is in a Samsung galaxy s2 tab with android 6.xx the latest version before the 7.0 I have made several flight with this setup without any issue and sing the update if dji it's is present ! I will test today another is cable and with my galaxy s7 edge after relink the rc to the drone. Thank you
2017-5-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi guys !
I have posted my issue on the forum of AirData and it seems that there is actually an issue (AirData side) of decoding the RC signal log with the last DJI Go 4 application !
Below the conversation. I hope it will help another members :-)

Le mercredi 31 mai 2017 08:39:16 UTC+2, Eran Steiner @Airdata a écrit :
Correct - this is an issue with Airdata, not with DJI GO.

Eran

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 11:37:12 PM UTC-7, Xavier Paillard wrote:
Hi,
Oh Okay by the way my drone works fine and it's just the algorithm / software from AirData that should be updated to work fine withe the new version of DJI Go 4 ?
Could you just confirm my, i'm a little bit anxious xD

Thanks !

Le mercredi 31 mai 2017 08:35:11 UTC+2, Eran Steiner @Airdata a écrit :
Hi,

There is a known issue with DJI GO 4.1.0 - we are working on a fix, please stay tuned.

Thanks,
Eran

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 11:27:30 PM UTC-7, Xavier Paillard wrote:
Hi,
I have exactly the same issue !
Below the link to the flight : http://app.airdata.com/main?share=iCHBdO

My RC signal is poor during all the flight ! But i checked the screen of DJI Go 4 App Android version and the signal is mainly at full ! Not any lag, not any flight issue all is OK only this AirData field is very strange. I have checked raw DJI flight log and i don't find any issue.

Is there any information ?

I have made 2 fflight with this issue only thing i have changed is updated the DJI Go 4 app (last week).

Help me please :-) Thanks !
2017-5-30
Use props
GustavL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

Hi there. I have the same problem on my P4P. Recently I get lots of messages "strong interference"......even in wide open spaces and over the sea. I had one or two disconnects over sports fields and sea. Even at short distance between P4P and controller. Really not fun to fly. Using DJI Go 4 latest version. 2.4 frequency is basically useless and 5.8 a bit better. What is going on? Is it the app, the device or something else? {:4_142:} Just to test I used Litchi and had no problems what so ever. Solid signal all the way at the same spot I tried DJI Go 4.

2017-5-31
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

HI, personally, i have sometime the message strong interference but not many problems. Apparently it's a issue with AirData (flight log analyzer). I don't have to complain me about DJI app.
2017-5-31
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

The problem of degraded signal has nothing to do with AirData. This is something you can identify during flight, where I get many disconnections or strong interference (monitored on the DJI GO 4 app) on the same spots where there was no issue before.
2017-5-31
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, this is fully from AirData. They have fixed their issue and my 2 "poor rc signal" record have changed to fully good. As mentionned during my flights i don't view any message from DJI Go 4 app or not any bad signal on the little icon on the OSD.

AIrData is currently fixing this issue and it seems to work !

According to the pictures below, you can sse that now my flights records are OK. Just one poor RC signal at a moment where effectively i obtain "weak signal" message. So all is according and seems to be coherent between AirData log decode and DJI flight :-)
signal2.jpg signal3.jpg
2017-5-31
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-31 07:44
The problem of degraded signal has nothing to do with AirData. This is something you can identify during flight, where I get many disconnections or strong interference (monitored on the DJI GO 4 app) on the same spots where there was no issue before.

Your issue is evidently different from Xavier's.  Hope you can fix your issue as easily as he did
2017-6-1
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-1 01:38
Your issue is evidently different from Xavier's.  Hope you can fix your issue as easily as he did

Yes you are right, thank you! This problem is different from Xavier's.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-5-31 03:37
HI, personally, i have sometime the message strong interference but not many problems. Apparently it's a issue with AirData (flight log analyzer). I don't have to complain me about DJI app.

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page, have you established that the error messages you're receiving are from airdata and not the Go app, but you are reporting distance issues. Is this correct?
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-31 07:44

I'm sorry if this was missed, but what movile device are you using and OS version?
2017-6-2
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 13:59
I'm sorry if this was missed, but what movile device are you using and OS version?

I am using an iPhone 6s plus with iOS 10.3.2. After reinstalling the DJI Go App 4.1 things are a little better. Cable is ok. Definitely there is an image transmission signal degradation after the latest firmware update.
2017-6-3
Use props
Buwanaskee
New
United States

Took P4P out for first time. All firmware and using ASUS Zen 9.7" with latest version of Android. Everything was updated perfectly. Took it out to the desert in Las Vegas. Within operating temps. Went out about 800 feet and RTH was initiated for disconnect reasons. ??? Also went up to 300ft. directly above me. Same thing...disconnect and RTH. ?? At only 300 feet up? Disconnect? Using latest App also.  My father has a P4 and that thing will go nearly 2 miles before dropping signal, and with trees! Mine was modded from Drone World....the transmitter is supposed to be even more powerful. How could I be dropping signal if I'm supposed to have a more up to date drone than the P4? Is this something that just started happening?
2017-6-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Buwanaskee Posted at 2017-6-3 17:28
Took P4P out for first time. All firmware and using ASUS Zen 9.7" with latest version of Android. Everything was updated perfectly. Took it out to the desert in Las Vegas. Within operating temps. Went out about 800 feet and RTH was initiated for disconnect reasons. ??? Also went up to 300ft. directly above me. Same thing...disconnect and RTH. ?? At only 300 feet up? Disconnect? Using latest App also.  My father has a P4 and that thing will go nearly 2 miles before dropping signal, and with trees! Mine was modded from Drone World....the transmitter is supposed to be even more powerful. How could I be dropping signal if I'm supposed to have a more up to date drone than the P4? Is this something that just started happening?

Just one point, flying directly above yourself is one of the worst things you can do as far as signal is concerned. No mattew how you adjust the antenna, the ones in the aircraft are in the wtong position.
2017-6-3
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-5-30 09:15
Why not but not when the drone is at 10 meter of me... I have the same poor signal at 10m than at 700m :/

Your Brain Waves may be too powerful!
2017-6-3
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi all !
My issue W-A-S from AirData ! They  updated their algorithm to be  coherent with the last update of DJI Go 4 app and actually i don't have not any issue !

It was not a issue of GPS or RC signal or DJI issue, but just an issue of "decoding rc signal record" by AirData.

Thanks to all :-)

PS: 3 flights in Malta island without any probs :-)
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-6-6 02:03
Hi all !
My issue W-A-S from AirData ! They  updated their algorithm to be  coherent with the last update of DJI Go 4 app and actually i don't have not any issue !

Good to hear you were able to clear that up.
2017-6-7
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

First start the remote control then start the drone. Vice versa the range may decrease a lot.
2017-6-7
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

MaxP4 Posted at 2017-6-7 12:04
First start the remote control then start the drone. Vice versa the range may decrease a lot.

Why ? the order change the range ?
2017-6-8
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 09:09
Good to hear you were able to clear that up.

Yeah ! Soon i will share with you some vids and pics of Malta Island :-)
2017-6-8
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-6-8 01:20
Why ? the order change the range ?

Yes, the order change the range... you can try!
The problem comes from how the transmitter and receiver pair, who is the master and who the slave (sorry for my english!).
2017-6-8
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

MaxP4 Posted at 2017-6-8 09:34
Yes, the order change the range... you can try!
The problem comes from how the transmitter and receiver pair, who is the master and who the slave (sorry for my english!).

Hum, i think the master is always the RC (it's the RC that control the quadcopter). I should try for sure !
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules