Where are the flight log???(.DAT)
5648 11 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seylo
lvl.1

France

Hello everybody,

I'm working on P3 standard and I'd like to get the log flight without use the DJI Go app in selecting the flight data mode.
Does anyone know if these files are stored on the embedded system or anywhere else??
I've already dump  and re-mounting the jffs2 drone's file system but no trace...
Is anyone already get the log file just in connecting the P3standard?

firmware version: 01.00.09.62
Open wrt Barrier Breaker 14.07
PC Linuc ubuntu 4.4

2017-5-30
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

On my P3P, I enter flight data mode thru the DJI Go app and then plug a cable into the P3P body and my computer to download the .DAT files.
2017-5-30
Use props
seylo
lvl.1

France

Yes, I do the same thing but my need is to get the .DAT files WITHOUT using the DJI GO app and the Flight DATA MODE...
2017-5-30
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

when you start the app, click in the left corner. then swipe up the flight data thing, there you see all your flight data
2017-5-31
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

You can get the flight record.txt files off of your device if that's what you mean. On Android, Go to -file Manager -device storage- DJI-  dji pilot  - flight record.
2017-5-31
Use props
seylo
lvl.1

France

The need is to get the .DAT files stored on the P3S. Imagine, you don't have a remote controler. In this case you don't have the PHANTOM3_XXXXX acces point which enable you to connect your smartphone and the drone, and enable the flight data mode through the DJI GO AP. So, what do you do to get the log files??? I know, I could disassemble the aircraft, localise the sd card and access to the log file. But without using this way I'd like to fine another more elegant way...
I 'm sure it could be possible to get the files without the RC and the DJI GO APP....
2017-5-31
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

RADROCKET Posted at 2017-5-31 04:25
You can get the flight record.txt files off of your device if that's what you mean. On Android, Go to -file Manager -device storage- DJI-  dji pilot  - flight record.

Any software out there to read .dat files...besides Healthy drones?
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

seylo Posted at 2017-5-31 05:28
The need is to get the .DAT files stored on the P3S. Imagine, you don't have a remote controler. In this case you don't have the PHANTOM3_XXXXX acces point which enable you to connect your smartphone and the drone, and enable the flight data mode through the DJI GO AP. So, what do you do to get the log files??? I know, I could disassemble the aircraft, localise the sd card and access to the log file. But without using this way I'd like to fine another more elegant way...
I 'm sure it could be possible to get the files without the RC and the DJI GO APP....

The only other way is getting to the SD card directly, but that would void the warranty.
2017-6-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

seylo Posted at 2017-5-31 05:28

.DAT files are used by many applications, not just DJI, and usually they are raw data, but in byte form, not text. As reported earlier, you can plug a computer into the USB port on the aircraft and access the files from there. But without using the DJO Go App, you may have difficulty finding the data files in the aircraft. As for the internal SD card, you cannot get it out without disassembling the aircraft.
2017-6-1
Use props
seylo
lvl.1

France

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-6-1 13:42
Any software out there to read .dat files...besides Healthy drones?

You can use DatCon to convert .DAT files -> CSV or KML.
DatCon
2017-6-2
Use props
ZHerink
New

United States

If you're using an iPhone:
1) Connect your phone to your computer
2) Open Itunes
3) Click on your connected device and go to "file sharing". If you do not see this option, make sure your iOS is up to date
4) Select the DJI Go app
5) Select any file/folder you want to export and save to your computer
6) If the file has a .dat extension, rename the file to something ending with .txt and, if on a mac, select "use .txt" when prompted
7) Open the new file in any text editor you like!
2019-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ZHerink Posted at 2-20 14:49
If you're using an iPhone:
1) Connect your phone to your computer
2) Open Itunes

Read reply number 6, he does not have an RC unit or phone.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules