Repair Progress ?
2660 21 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Sent my p34k tx in for repair late April. Was received and verified on the 12 of May, with email on the tenth of May stating repair/exchange would be sent in five to seven days. Its been two weeks plus and my repiar progress is stuck on verified. What are my next steps?
Case #: CAS-616779-P9B6R6
Thank you.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans05cb90ab
lvl.1
United States

Unreal..just sending mine in for repair. Dreading this process
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for the delay. I’ve informed this case to the management, we will escalate this case and will be following up with you as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.
2017-5-30
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-30 21:26
Sincerely sorry for the delay. I’ve informed this case to the management, we will escalate this case and will be following up with you as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.

Thank you.
2017-5-31
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

thanks for expediting things Thor! Got a call yesterday from Oscar at DJI. Checked the warehouse an found a p34K Tx. Shipped out UPS same day.
Many thanks to you and Oscar. Very polite and quick return call same day.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-6-1 18:17
thanks for expediting things Thor! Got a call yesterday from Oscar at DJI. Checked the warehouse an found a p34K Tx. Shipped out UPS same day.
Many thanks to you and Oscar. Very polite and quick return call same day.

Good to hear it's getting sorted.
2017-6-1
Use props
Vychlop
New
United States

Also waiting to get mine back. Been almost a month since I was sent a faulty one.

CAS-635380-B1K6X3
2017-6-3
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

They lost mine... sent me back someone else's by mistake.  Now trying to get it all sorted out  - all after they had mine for 6 weeks!
2017-6-5
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Mine was repaired/flight tested/QC'd by last Tuesday, still waiting for shipping.  The repair itself was pretty fast, everything else is taking too long.

I figure 5 minutes to box it, tape it and label it when that is what you do should be enough.
cas-635140-b1h0q4
2017-6-5
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

Adding my case in case DJI can escalate (they want the "wrong one" back)... I hope this doesn't start the clock all over.   CAS-595520-R2K2K2

To make matters worse, this whole process eats into the 6 month warranty period - by the time I get mine "fixed" the warranty will have expired.

2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Customer Sv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14685 ft
United States

Wow..i really wish I would've read all this before I bought a DJI product..so many better companies out there.
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17428 ft
United States

DJI always sends a different drone back. They assign the SN to your account for Care Refresh purposes but they almost always ship a different drone back to you. It's probably just easier to grab a reman or a new drone of the shelf. The repair facility is swamped with repairs and CR cases. If they would just tell you in the box that it was substituted with a diff drone they would make life easier for themselves. The chat guys either don't know or what. I got one back (after 6 weeks mind you) and it was different and not bound to the RC. There should have been instructions in the box to bind it but it was missing. The chat guy told me I had to ship it back, that the RC must be faulty. Luckily I discovered the binding process on a forum before I sent it back for another 6 weeks. This had probably played out unneccesarily hundreds of times with different issues where the chat guys didn't know what the repair facility guys were doing. Imo
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
United States

DJI always sends a different drone back. They assign the SN to your account for Care Refresh purposes but they almost always ship a different drone back to you. It's probably just easier to grab a reman or a new drone of the shelf. The repair facility is swamped with repairs and CR cases. If they would just tell you in the box that it was substituted with a diff drone they would make life easier for themselves. The chat guys either don't know or what. I got one back (after 6 weeks mind you) and it was different and not bound to the RC. There should have been instructions in the box to bind it but it was missing. The chat guy told me I had to ship it back, that the RC must be faulty. Luckily I discovered the binding process on a forum before I sent it back for another 6 weeks. This had probably played out unneccesarily hundreds of times with different issues where the chat guys didn't know what the repair facility guys were doing. Imo Listen to the guys on The Drone U podcast they talk about this all the time. It would just really suck for P107 guys who are federally registered and insured with the drone seriel numbers.
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
United States

Snowhack700 Posted at 2017-6-5 17:38
DJI always sends a different drone back. They assign the SN to your account for Care Refresh purposes but they almost always ship a different drone back to you. It's probably just easier to grab a reman or a new drone of the shelf. The repair facility is swamped with repairs and CR cases. If they would just tell you in the box that it was substituted with a diff drone they would make life easier for themselves. The chat guys either don't know or what. I got one back (after 6 weeks mind you) and it was different and not bound to the RC. There should have been instructions in the box to bind it but it was missing. The chat guy told me I had to ship it back, that the RC must be faulty. Luckily I discovered the binding process on a forum before I sent it back for another 6 weeks. This had probably played out unneccesarily hundreds of times with different issues where the chat guys didn't know what the repair facility guys were doing. Imo Listen to the guys on The Drone U podcast they talk about this all the time. It would just really suck for P107 guys who are federally registered and insured with the drone seriel numbers.

Not sure why that posted before I was done but sorry for the almost duplicate post.
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
United States

fans05cb90ab Posted at 2017-5-30 07:19
Unreal..just sending mine in for repair. Dreading this process

Ya sit down and get comfortable, don't make any plans that require drone footage, forget about the drone it's gone for, at minimum, a month! Most likely longer. I'm looking at 5-6 weeks, longer because of DJIs no compromise sign for delivery. You have to sign in person you can't sign the slip and leave it for the postman. Since I work days that will add an undetermined amount of time to the back end. I had to take a vacation day the last time! Mine has been sitting in some state of repair facility limbo since the 24th of May. I sent it for repair on the 10th. It was determined to be a replacement instead of a repair shortly after receipt. Repeated inquiries to DJI support do NOT speed up anything!! ...and Care Refresh adds NO priority. I spoke with a rep named Jeff. He assured me I'd get my Mavic back by the 10th of June for a trip I'm taking. That was last week. Contact support again today and I get Jeff, either the same guy or they just name all their chat reps Jeff. He basically cut and pasted our conversation from last week. No answers or explanation for the delay. According to the app DJI needed 1 day to ship after testing, verifying and assessing A REPLACEMENT, which they said they had to do according to the app. BS! There's no repairs no tweeks just grab one off the shelf assign my account with the new SN and ship..done! That's all that could possibly be required to do. Quality control should have done the rest when it left the factory. So I sit with no answers and no drone and I'll go on my trip with just that. LiPo batteries can not ship air so UPS ground will get my drone to me in 7-10 days IF they ever ship it. So since I can't sign for it while I'm on my week long trip in my case it's very possible that I won't see my drone until July. It would be painfully ironic if the drone got sent back to sender because they couldn't deliver without a signature. Obviously my shipping issue may not apply to you but take my word for it and occupy yourself with something else because watching the repair pot boil just makes it seem longer.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Vychlop Posted at 2017-6-3 13:56
Also waiting to get mine back. Been almost a month since I was sent a faulty one.

CAS-635380-B1K6X3

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience,  I've informed our appropriate team to take care of this case , we will escalate it. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans62261e2c Posted at 2017-6-5 05:51
They lost mine... sent me back someone else's by mistake.  Now trying to get it all sorted out  - all after they had mine for 6 weeks!
Just replied your thread , please check it.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-5 05:56
Mine was repaired/flight tested/QC'd by last Tuesday, still waiting for shipping.  The repair itself was pretty fast, everything else is taking too long.

I figure 5 minutes to box it, tape it and label it when that is what you do should be enough.

We feel so sorry for the delay ,  I've informed the Repair Center to look into this case , we will escalate it , and ship it out ASAP. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-5
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Snowhack700 Posted at 2017-6-5 17:38

I am not expecting mine to be bound to my RC anymore when I get it back. The reason is because they do a flight test and obviously they have to bind it to a different RC before they can fly it. The binding
instructions are readily available in the owner's manual and online.
2017-6-6
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-6 05:55
I am not expecting mine to be bound to my RC anymore when I get it back. The reason is because they do a flight test and obviously they have to bind it to a different RC before they can fly it. The binding
instructions are readily available in the owner's manual and online.

Yes... but understand I am new to DJI products and consumer drones. I'm a hobbiest, I build my own quads and planes which is why I thought to research the binding process as a fix. Other DJI customers have claimed to have an instruction sheet explaining the need to do so in the box with the returned drone. I originally assumed it was not a user level process given the proprietary nature of consumer drones.
2017-6-6
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-6-5 20:29
We feel so sorry for the delay ,  I've informed the Repair Center to look into this case , we will escalate it , and ship it out ASAP. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.
It looks like it was shipped today and is expected to be here on Friday.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-6 20:48
Thanks.
It looks like it was shipped today and is expected to be here on Friday.

So glad to hear that you can get the drone back to fly soon, hope you can enjoy it, happy flying~
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules