CSC after landing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8796bea6
New
Flight distance : 5807 ft
United States

So you usually I simply land and use CSC to kill the engines. I was flying the other day with friends and was having them wear my VR (for phone) and flying around giving them a view. I was using Litchi on my phone. Anyways we had put the glasses down and were just flying manually, brought it down for a landing, and then when attempting to use CSC to shut down motors, everytime you would move them inward it seems it was accelerating one half of the props sliightly and NOT stopping the engines. I understand that just holding the left toggle down will also kill the engines but wondering why CSC wasn't working. Also to be noted is we unplugged the phone for a bit and were simply flying manually but I cant imaging not being hooked up to the app would cause this.

Any ideas?

2017-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would always avoid using CSC to shut down motors when landing, always use left stick down, a high risk of aircraft tipping over if using CSC.

A calibration of the RC might make a difference.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans8796bea6
New
Flight distance : 5807 ft
United States

Thanks for the quick response
2017-5-30
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I hand catch always, left stick down and in to the right to shut down.
2017-5-31
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

You can fly with just the remote and without the app.  It will respond just the same, it's just that you won't be getting any feedback.  As stated, avoid using CSC on the ground, left-stick down is by far the preferred method.  Especially if you have the latest firmware, as the CSC delay was increased from 0.3 seconds to a full 3 seconds, to appease flyers who complained it would be too easy to accidentally perform CSC in the air (it's NOT!).  Unfortunately when you do this on the ground it has a tendency to flip over.  I have performed tests and confirmed it does happen, despite being initially skeptical.

As you observed, some of the motors will continue spinning for 3 seconds, as it is responding to the stick movements as you move to the CSC extremes.  You have essentially instructed the aircraft to descend (it's already on the ground),  rotate right, crab left and move backwards.  This would typically (in the air) make the airframe tilt backwards and to the left.  If you combine this with the 3 seconds of flight commands being input, the aircraft can flip over before it shuts off.  I really dislike this timing change in the firmware, it is the only real problem with any of the changes I have seen.  If I ever need to do a CSC in the air, I certainly don't want it waiting for 3 seconds to catch up with my "emergency stop" command.

So, DON'T use CSC unless in an emergency, and always use left stick down to stop the motors, and to reiterate, it will only turn them off when it is on the ground, never while descending.
2017-5-31
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

knupla2 Posted at 2017-5-31 09:07
I hand catch always, left stick down and in to the right to shut down.

Hand catching is the method I use, perhaps not suitable for all though given the risk factor. Left stick straight down shuts off motors, but down and right works as it still sends the full down along with the full right signal.
2017-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Throttle down for 3 sec is the best way... actually that is the way whether u land or hand catch.
The CSC for P3 is both sticks to the inside bottom corners.. that usually WILL flip the drone... it really is meant as an emergency measure, and actually will not work when/if drone is upside down... sorta stinks.....
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like others have mentioned, units with more recent firmware have the CSC command delayed to 3 seconds to minimize the issue of accidentially performing an accidential CSC midflight. The throttle downward method is the best solution when shutting off the motors after landing.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules