DJI Inspire 1 Videos lost
1864 15 2015-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rw
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

i have a problem with my DJI Inspire 1 Movies. I film for example 3 videos in one flight. After landing i put the SD Card in a cardreader and then there only was 1 movie left. 2 were deleted!?

Could you help me or did you have same problems?

2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

So you only see one file or so you see all three but only one will open?

2015-3-10
Use props
rw
lvl.1
Germany

I only see one film, it seems that the other films are not saved.
2015-3-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Should not be a SD card problem.
The first footage exist but another two disappear? If yes I would suspect something went wrong after the first footage was taken.
No warning?  Could it replicated?
2015-3-11
Use props
mandarich
lvl.1

United States

I have had similar issues but it would be the last video on the card. The fix is to hit the record button to STOP recording before you turn your drone or RC off.
2015-3-11
Use props
rw
lvl.1
Germany

I stop the record 10 seconds before i put the drone off. Or was this to early so the Drone cannot end saving? Video lengh was 5-8 minutes.
2015-3-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

rw@arktis.de Posted at 2015-3-11 17:52
I stop the record 10 seconds before i put the drone off. Or was this to early so the Drone cannot en ...

It can not be the problem, since your second footage disappeared too.
2015-3-11
Use props
mandarich
lvl.1

United States

Hmmmm try if it happens again put you card back in the camera and turn everything on. No need to fly in but recorded a 10 sec stationary video then hit stop record. Pull card out and try to transfer on computer. It saved some videos for me. Worth a try!
2015-3-11
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

It can't be a corrupted end of file because the file itself would still be there, just not open.

But since the files aren't there at all it's something else.

I suggest recording a bunch of new files (format the SD first) and see what happens.

Could just be a one-off fluke.
2015-3-11
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I too have had instances of files not playing. I'm surmising that I did not properly end the recording process before landing. I have one where I unfortunately clipped the camera on an Everest snowbank that I would really like to get the final moments to play so I can see how stupid I was in using a subconscious airplane reaction on my Inspire to ascend. The file is moved to disk, but won't play and I do not have the camera (shipped for repair) to try and recover. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jay
2015-3-11
Use props
Chelsea
lvl.1

United States

Me to but I figured it out to be a DJI intentional setup; so that - people can't post crashes.  

But this is killing the use of this drone.  

I shoot footage for the movie studios and well we can't use this drone till they got over this issue.  If your pad drops out and you can't shut off the camera to bad.  You forget to turn off the camera to bad.  I own three Red cameras two Sony's and even eight GoPro's.  All digital cameras and I have shoot every digital camera you can think of and DJI"'s are the only one's that does this.  

WE need to make this an issue / more of an issue than video's of crashes.  Get DJI to stop this...

I just shoot a 16k shoot with the drone today in the desert.  The iPad heated up and I couldn't hit the camera off button....   So DJI gets tossed out with the trash and we will use a crane.  Can't tell you what movie it is but that footage would have put a spin on the drone...

OH well.....  Drop Kick This one.....

Chelsea
CSA
2015-6-26
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Not sure it's an SD card issue, but, have you been able to get somewhere with this?
2015-6-27
Use props
tworivers
lvl.1

Canada

I just had a similar problem today.  I did three flights and should have had five video files.  On the last flight, my battery was getting low and I was bringing it back and for some it just cut me out and landed right where it was, which was in snow.  I forgot to stop the video as I wanted to get it out of the snow as soon as possible - so the video was never stopped before the power on the drone and remote were turned off - I just forgot.  Went to download when I got home and the only video I could find was the two from when it crashed.  No video from the previous two flights.  That seems very odd that the video from when it was not turned off was there but not from when it was shutdown correctly.  Does anyone have any idea what's happened?  Everything is on my iPad where I can view them in the app.
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

tworivers Posted at 2016-2-4 11:52
I just had a similar problem today.  I did three flights and should have had five video files.  On t ...

If you forget to stop recording and power off the aircraft, it will stop the video automatically and finish the file before the battery power shuts off
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chelsea Posted at 2015-6-27 08:47
Me to but I figured it out to be a DJI intentional setup; so that - people can't post crashes.  

Bu ...

I don't follow what you are talking about, There is no conspiracy with DJI trying to do anything to your videos. If you forget to stop recording the aircraft will stop it automatically before the battery shuts down.
2016-2-4
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

Chelsea Posted at 2015-6-27 01:47

Bu ...

Wow, three Red! I think that are not for the Inspire. Which drone you use to carry an heavy camera like the Red?
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules