New Mavic Pro Scan QR Code Failed, Device Not Found
12938 15 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

Ok so I'll make this short as my first post ever. Connected, Updated Firmware restarted all working well.
Take the Battery out disconnect controller, use my DJI Go 4 app to Scan the QR Code inside my Drone because I think this is how you Register it. All QR Scan Fail or Say Device Not Connected, (the battery is out of course its not connected)

So.

#1. What are these QR Codes inside the Mavic Pro 4 supposed to do ?
#2. What is the proper way to Register my device ?

2017-5-30
Use props
Panaceabeachbu4
lvl.2
United States

I think alot of them are parts tracking, the one I scanned was on the arm
2017-5-30
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

Panaceabeachbu4 Posted at 2017-5-30 12:40
I think alot of them are parts tracking, the one I scanned was on the arm

and what did that do ?
2017-5-30
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

I have now Scanned ALL QR Code on the Device they have all Failed.

QR codes on Arm, on Controller, On Drone itself both on the battery itself.

What are these QR Codes for if anything and why are they failing. ?

2017-5-30
Use props
Time2Party
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

IceCold Posted at 2017-5-30 12:47
and what did that do ?

i did the same, the one on the arm.
have no idea
2017-5-30
Use props
Panaceabeachbu4
lvl.2
United States

Thought it loaded the password for WIFI operation,I scanned it in app  with WIFI switch on and flew from phone
2017-5-30
Use props
Panaceabeachbu4
lvl.2
United States

from the manual  "Wi-Fi QR Code on the front arm is for Android devices only"
Worked fine with my droid maxx

2017-5-30
Use props
EZKaeL
New
Flight distance : 4058 ft
Netherlands

From the DJI Go app I scanned the QR codes as well
I did the same,  all codes on Mavic and also the one on the box, but none of them worked.
Not for registering that is.
So same question as Icecold's #2. What is the proper way to Register my device ?

2017-5-30
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

Panaceabeachbu4 Posted at 2017-5-30 13:09
from the manual  "Wi-Fi QR Code on the front arm is for Android devices only"
Worked fine with my droid maxx

Ok But what does it do ?
2017-5-30
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

it enters the WIFI password for the drone into your phone so when you lift the cover on the side over the SD card and flip the switch to WIFI you can fly your quad with the app on your telephone. Without the rc controller
I think were at that impass were we realize you havent read the instructions or watched any videos
2017-5-30
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

Panaceabeachbum Posted at 2017-5-30 14:37
it enters the WIFI password for the drone into your phone so when you lift the cover on the side over the SD card and flip the switch to WIFI you can fly your quad with the app on your telephone. Without the rc controller
I think were at that impass were we realize you havent read the instructions or watched any videos

But Why is a Simply QR Code Failing ?
How hard is this to get right ?

2017-5-30
Use props
alex420
New
United States

I just received my Mavic in the mail and am trying to connect to it with the app but it keeps failing on the QR code, I've scanned all QR codes and am just so frustrated now. First of all all of the codes are tiny and the app has trouble reading the codes, so if yall make the next version make the codes bigger or the app better at scanning the codes. I just spent $2000 with all the addons and I can't fly this thing, are you kidding me? I'm so not happy about this
2017-5-31
Use props
alex420
New
United States

btw, I'm using iPhone 6S plus with DJI GO 4, maybe its a bug in the app?
2017-5-31
Use props
alex420
New
United States

everything is working fine, its just confusing i thought i needed the QR code scan but then i connected it and turned on the controller and it connected to the app, so everything is good. my bad
2017-5-31
Use props
Scooter314
New
United States

Just bought my first DJ.  Just bought a DJ Mavic Pro.  That said, I have to agree, the QR code "registration" in the DJ app (using an iPhone 6s Plus) is very confusing.  Might want to thing about changing the term "registration" in your manual and instructions videos.  Glad I finally got reason why mine also kept failing.
2017-9-19
Use props
jambu
New

Australia

We spent a long time unsuccessfully scanning the QR codes.  We then found there is a hidden button where the SD card location is that turns on WIFI on the drone.  See location 12 on the little quickstart guide.  Once WIFI was turned on and the drone turned off and back on we had success.  Hope that helps someone!
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules