Did I buy new drone or used?
862 7 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Majkdrone
New
Australia

I just looked at the DJI insurance and out of my curiosity put in my S/N number. Where I did not expected it will go through, I have received notification that
- the aircraft has been activated ove 48 hours (fair enough, it was)
- S/N you have purchased DJI Care for this aircraft before (WTF?? I did no?)

The DJI Care works that you could get a drone replacement twice a year If you crash it etc.. That means that the drone I have purchased is not new but someone crashed it before and now I got it?? As apparently someone purchased the DJI care already...
2017-5-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

You *could* get a used *replacement* but unless you find other pointers, i dont think you would have received a used unit when buying new.
2017-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think your better trying to get on to a moderator here they will get it sorted. It's very unlikely you got a refurb, there have been issues lately with activating new units and serial numbers.

Start up your AC make sure it's working fine and check out its in new condition.
Good luck
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We have the detailed description in our website about your question, please check here: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
If you have other questions, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2017-5-31
Use props
Majkdrone
New
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 20:08
We have the detailed description in our website about your question, please check here: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
If you have other questions, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

HI DJI Mindy, thanks for the update - I think you have misunderstood the question.

I'm not purchasing the DJI Care Refresh.

My question is - I have purchased the drone as a new  item. Just out of my curiosity I filled in its S/N to the Care Refresh form - and I was expecting it will say something 'you are too late'. Instead it said 'your drone has been already registered' and that gets me wondering If someone else has registered my drone before - that means my drone is not new but 'as like new' after someone crashed it into the tree or water....???
2017-6-8
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Why was it crashed into a tree or water?
Because the SN was registered with care doesnt really equate to your suspicions.

We can understand you dont want someones elses reject, but like i said before, unless you find some other pointers there is no real drama here.
Is there anything wrong with it ?
2017-6-8
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

This might give you some clues on when it was manufactured.  Replace the xxx with your serial number:

08QDxxx ........

YEAR
D = 2016
E = 2017

MONTH
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

DAY
(base36) (base10)
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
D = 13
E = 14
F = 15
G = 16
H = 17
I = 18
J = 19
K = 20
L = 21
M = 22
N = 23
O = NOT Used as O and 0 can be confused.
P = 24
Q = 25
R = 26
S = 27
T = 28
U = 29
V = 30
W = 31
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Majkdrone Posted at 2017-6-8 17:23
HI DJI Mindy, thanks for the update - I think you have misunderstood the question.

I'm not purchasing the DJI Care Refresh.

I'm sorry that I misunderstood. May I have your serial number of the aircraft? Please PM to me. I will help to look into it.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules