Required login when Internet is not available
31728 47 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kayakdrone
New
Flight distance : 125 ft
Norway

I had a long walk today to the top of  a mountain in snow. For have some nice winter footage. Yesterday i updated the software. So, I become surprised I was restricted just to fly 30 meters. Checked and dobble checked that I was not beginnermode, resterted everything and tried again. Nope, same thing, 30 meters restriction. It  destroyed my moment. On the way down, when I reached the forest, I decided to google it. And yes, need to login into the app and have internet connection, and then it worked normally again. Usually I put my cellphone in flightmode, because earlier I had problems loosing connection with my RC when not. So I understand now, i need to login to the app after update, or log out and in again. Can I still put my phone in flightmode or fly in areas without cellphone coverage? which I often do. Understand the login issue is a one time issue after update?....Don´t want to have a long trip and planning and experience this again....
2018-1-21
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Ok.. First of all, I am not bragging, but.....  I think that I logged on in June of 17 when I got my mavic and I've NEVER had to log on again.  Yes, I've updated software many times, and I've updated firmware many times.  I've flown in the mountains in Colorado with no service whatsoever and I've NEVER had to log back on.  I read this thread weeks ago and I went to Go4, logged out, then logged back in for the fun of it.  I fly with my phone in airplane mode all the time and I've never had to log in other than when I created my account so long ago.  

Samsung Note 5, Android 7.0.   The Mavic is running the latest firmware, installed just the other day....

And as I typed this, I logged onto Go4 to see what my version was and it's saying that I gotta log on.  YA'LL CURSED ME.  First time in 8 Months.... Dang..
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_zzebudf Posted at 2018-1-20 21:29
I have a phantom 4. The controller has a built in screen.  The DJI app is asking me to sign in.  I try and it says there is no internet connection.  Well, I have on on my laptop.

So I cant log in and I cant check internet connection on the DJI controller.

Sir, I'm so sorry for the late response, may I know if you can sign in DJI Go APP now? Does the issue persist?
2018-1-24
Use props
Teame Zazzu 9
New
United States

Well, it seems nobody is going to address the - "why are you forcing us to login??!!' question despite the fact there is absolutely NO reason the drone needs to log into DJI to operate!!!

Its plainly offensive and a 'bait and switch' to sell drones with set capabilities and then blackmail customers into surrendering their data by bricking a drone for which they just paid over $1000 USD. Well... a report from US Immigration and Enforcement just explained why the US military  just DUMPED ALL DJI DRONES - its because DJI is apparently using customer data to spy on US critical infrastructure and conduct economic espionage.  One example in the report was regarding how a customer used a DJI drone to look at their Wine vinyard and then Chinese companies swooped in an bought up the property. IT also detailed how DJI dumped cheap drones on the market to drive out competitors. After having a Mavic Pro since Jan 2017, I quickly realized that you NEVER EVER  turn on the DJI app without being in AIRPLANE MODE and never turn off airplane mode until you have completely disconnected your drone and shut off the app. Dont ever update your firmware or app - your drone flew just fine when you bought it -  all the updates since then seem to be about limiting the drones capabilities, controlling your ability to use your drone and data-mining and tracking your every move.  Look at the new Mavic Air - basically a Mavic with the distance lowered, no RC signal and all the data surveillance DJI can ask for -NO THANKS!!

I wont be buying another DJI drone - the company's profound disrespect for customers, blackmailing them into providing their data, bricking their drone etc - How do you possibly think you have the right to control a customers drone???!!  DJI has NO right to force login ins or change drone capabilities after the sale of the equipment. If you can buy a rifle without logging into Bushmaster to fire it then you should also be able to fly a quadcopter you paid a thousand dollars for without asking DJI for permission.
2018-1-25
Use props
fans54956c0f
New
United States

I am dealing with the same issue. I am in California. WiFi is available everywhere. Go4 app shows that I am connected, but still stuck on the login screen with this stupid "unable to connect" message. DJI, your products are pure trash.
2018-3-25
Use props
totorama
lvl.1

United States

I'm had the "no-network" problem over the weekend with my P4P+. (The (+) makes it worse because of no cellular network capability on the 'Plus' controller even if there was cellular coverage in the area, which there wasn't). I had flown the drone OK and landed without a problem, I then went into the settings screen to check something and hit the Exit button thinking it was exiting the menu screen... But no it logged me out, So now I'm screwed and had to pack up.  This can't be correct behavior, this is ridiculous.
2018-3-27
Use props
malter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22717 ft
United States

sorry if responding to an old thread. But the problem is still there and not fixed! This just cost me some great material out in the middle of nowhere and I am very mad at DJI. Now at home, removed and reinstalled app. Yes, there was an update about a month ago. Appears to be fixed, at least at home. Will assume (a bad idea I know) that it will now work in the middle of nowhere. This issue should have been fixed when reported a long time ago!
2022-12-2
Use props
fanseaf7ea32
New

United States

This issue is still not fixed. DJI refuse to change this. Totally unacceptable and 100% unprofessional
1-31 11:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules