cracked top cover...
1626 13 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SSUlmtd...
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1049997 ft
United States

Okay so I have had this mavic for less than a year and a few months ago I had noticed a crack up front on the top. Kinda perturbed because I have never crashed it nor hit it with anything. So after inquiring the few people that may have come in contact with it with negative results, I took the top off and repaired it with some CA glue and put it back together...no problem. However I just recently noticed that not only have the cracks reappeared but there much worse!! No I have still not crashed it! After close inspection it appears to be heat related yet whenever I feel around the area it is never hot. Has anyone else encountered this or have any info regarding it? I surely would appreciate it and as for repairs...is there anyway to purchase just the top piece cause I surely do not want to ship it back!! It took to long to get and dont want to send it away.

20170528_230600.jpg
2017-5-30
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

It's on ebay if you search around. Sell the top and bottom as a kit.
2017-5-30
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

There are numerous reports at mavicpilots.com about this.
Just google search it.
2017-5-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Seems they used some crappy plastic formula that degrades over time. Just a bad batch hopefully.

Here is a good indication of prices to expect.

https://www.banggood.com/Drone-F ... 7.html?rmmds=search

2017-5-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Do you put it in the flycombo bag? Perhaps putting it down a few times a little harder ( the botton om the bag has no soft bottom, so perhaps over time...)
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I've seen similar popping up on this forum. Although it's a pain I would send it back under warranty, if you just put another bonnet on it you risk same thing happening again. You have recorded mileage on your avatar , be worth your while looking for others with similar mileage to see compare how their Mavics are. Good luck..
2017-5-31
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I would think that the CA "super" glue has reacted with the Mavic plastic.
2017-5-31
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Harbourside Posted at 2017-5-31 03:55
I would think that the CA "super" glue has reacted with the Mavic plastic.

Quite possible but what caused the initial degrading?
2017-6-1
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

That is most likely the result of prolonged exposure to sun.
2017-6-1
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dude, you have won the lottery. Send it in and they will send you a low to zero mileage one.

I have batteries with some cracks but my high mileage Mavic is fine.
2017-6-1
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Be careful of the Ebay vendor  I buy a few "Other product " (Not Drone parts) from that vendor and just want ad you get what you paid for some thing are so-so fitage....C
2017-6-1
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

CharlieFliesDro Posted at 2017-6-1 18:53
Be careful of the Ebay vendor  I buy a few "Other product " (Not Drone parts) from that vendor and just want ad you get what you paid for some thing are so-so fitage....C

What ebay vendor are you referring to?

If you are talking about BG, it is not ebay. They are a trusted and reliable seller of all things.
And you are correct, you get what you pay for which applies to every buyer/seller on the planet.
2017-6-1
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

There are a few or several thread of this in both forums, it started w/ bulging and get worst from there.
Do you often fly in the heat of the day or when temps are quite hot?
The thing I don't understand w/ MP considering it's price point, why do they use brittle plastic instead of carbon fiber for example or a much rigid materials ?
2017-6-2
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

I have a similar issue but no way near as extreme as yours.

Mine has just started to show hairline cracks so I'm returning it.

I'm taking no chances not am I repairing a 1000GBP device that is only less than four months old.
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules