Netherlands

Indeed, we need 25fps in PAL countries!
2017-8-21
Use props
jj9k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1210407 ft
United Kingdom

I cannot believe 25fps has not been included. When i ordered the drone it did not occur to me that they would discriminate against europe. What possible reason could they have for not implementing this?!

DJI please fix this asap!
2017-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have no idea what they were thinking but it is for sure holding me back to buy one.
2017-8-26
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Reedyn Posted at 2017-8-3 23:00
It's critical due to our frequencies of our electric grid. All lights will flicker like crazy if the video isn't in sync with the frequency of the electrical grid.

That hasn’t mattered since interlacing went out. Show me an example.
2017-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just look at page 1 of this thread.
There is an example of the result of 30fps footage on PAL system posted by some other user.
Also I showed what happens if you combine 25fps and 30fps footage (and it looks ugly)
And I do shoot a lot of 25 / 50 fps footage with my other camera's.
2017-8-27
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79469 ft
Germany

25FPS please !!
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-8-26 13:09
That hasn’t mattered since interlacing went out. Show me an example.

Did you look at the first page of this thread at the example?
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I could not agree more.
For now it is holding me back to buy a Spark for sure!
2017-8-27
Use props
Kuns10
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I can't believe we went through a couple of firmware updates and this has not been addressed at all. Is there any statement released by the company about it? It is incredible that a company disregards in this way buyers from a whole continent. I would understand if it was a matter of getting 60fps, but provide at least 25fps should have been a priority right after release.

Absolutely appalling

2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_y0VXNCG
lvl.1
Germany

Hi folks,

I also suffer from the missing 25fps option. I was looking for ways to render the 30fps material coming from the Spark to 25fps without stuttering in order to merge it with other footage coming from my Camcorder.
After trying all sorts of programs I tried DaVinci Resolve - and it worked !! While the result may not be absolutely perfect, it definitely looks good enough for me. Resolve has an option called "Optical Flow" which eliminates the stuttering in the converted footage. Best of all, Resolve is a free download.

So, for everyone waiting patiently for DJi to come up with a proper firmware upgrade, I would recommend this way in the meantime.
2017-9-19
Use props
Ferlaur
New
Flight distance : 2848 ft
Germany

Salut,
There is a simple way to convert your footage 30 frames per second (or 29,98 fps) to 25 frames per second using Compressor 4.1 (Mac). Simply go to "Video / Framerate" and change 29.98 fps by 25 fps, then in "General / Resynchronize / Make source images read at 25 fps." There you go !
It's a shame that DJI does not develop this PAL option in a $ 600 system, but any camera offers it (except the iphone - thanks to Apple!). You'll need to make conversions of your footages or edited sequences in 30 ips, then re-inject them in your assemblied PAL (25 ips) sequences. It works rather well and allows to have vids without any jerk. Now it would be nice if this option exists natively without wasting time or quality. The quality also deserves to be improved because the compression of the videos by the Spark is just horrible, but, well, every thing in its time! Good luck to you, friends.
2017-10-7
Use props
Rocknrolf
New
Germany

Hi, out there,

I also must have 25 or 50 fps (p or i). I produced already for the german tv a feature using the spark as a underpart. It was nearly impossible to get the footage made by the spark in a nice condition for the pal-environment here in Europe. (We found out a workaround, which is really tricky and takes a lot of time). So for the future I must have the 25/50 fps possibility.
Rocknrolf
2017-10-10
Use props
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11522 ft
United States

This video should help explain why its extremely trivial to differentiate between 25fps and 30fps.  The human eye is not a camera, and can't really be compared to one, as it functions differently.  The VSauce channel explains things very well, and part of his channel is incorporated into this video.  Have a look.

Don't get me wrong, NTSC and PAL are different (which is stupid in and of itself), and in some aspects 25fps would make sense (older technology side of things).
2017-10-10
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I vote for 25 and 24 fps too as an option...
2017-10-10
Use props
fans429acb4f
lvl.1
France

+1 for 24/25 fps ... i get horrendous flickering from artificial light here in europe .... while your at it, add DLOG and raw photos also !!!!!
2017-10-10
Use props
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

+1 for 25 fps please DJI!

Another PAL country here!
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please notice our engineers have no plan on adding this feature now. Thanks.
2017-10-12
Use props
nevelbell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thats disappointing.
2017-10-12
Use props
doZer the ogre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78563 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-12 22:32
Please notice our engineers have no plan on adding this feature now. Thanks.

Any chance you can talk them into taking a bit more pride in their work?!
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really hope this is added to the next FW update + 24p
2017-10-14
Use props
doZer the ogre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78563 ft
United States

doZer the ogre Posted at 2017-10-14 01:01
Any chance you can talk them into taking a bit more pride in their work?!

i mean.... umm... bummer.

please don't ban me...

i just think it's silly AF! "...no plan of adding this feature..." just sounds like they are confused about how to add it... and maybe we could help them come up with a plan...

btw i tried to edit my previous message and... well could not find the edit button.... maybe it's not there cuz i'm a noob on this forum... wait... even more reason to have an edit button huh?!
2017-10-14
Use props
Witchman
New
Hong Kong

25 fps please, or better 50. In Europe we have PAL. I would like to return Spark to the store and buy Yuneec Breeze. At 30 fps it is 4K. In Poland a set with two batteries, transmitter and goggles costs half the price of Spark.
{:4_105
2017-10-14
Use props
Fredde SWE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 838038 ft
Sweden

Please enable 25 fps
2017-10-14
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Just slow down 30->25p and it will be slightly more dramatic and beautiful. See no problem at all.
2017-10-15
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes , i  put also a post up this morning regarding stuttering of the spark footage. Anyway dji electra is aware of the european problem and (hopefully) will forward this issue again higher up. I cannot combine the spark footage shot in 30fps with any other(european 25,50 fps) footage shot by phantom 4 pro, go pro etc editted in final pro x.
2017-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-10-15 03:53
Yes , i  put also a post up this morning regarding stuttering of the spark footage. Anyway dji electra is aware of the european problem and (hopefully) will forward this issue again higher up. I cannot combine the spark footage shot in 30fps with any other(european 25,50 fps) footage shot by phantom 4 pro, go pro etc editted in final pro x.

Tell me about it. It looks horrible.
I did get my editor to slow the 30fps footage down to 25. The stuttering is gone, BUT, it introduces unnatural slow moving objects (like humans walking etc.)
2017-10-15
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes for the time being i keep the spark in the box untill the next positive fw update
2017-10-15
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Japan

Please Dji can you explain why European customers are not to be considered in your marketing strategy?
Maybe Dji decided to only interest in the American market?
Do we ask too much if we ask for a device that works properly in Europe?
This is too much for a global company like Dji?
Even the worst and cheaper cam made in China by the smallest company has among its main options the choice between PAL 25fps and Ntsc 30fps.
The courtesy to give a response to who pays many hundreds of euros your products would be very much appreciated.
A small, simple modification of the firmware would please all European users and not just Europeans. Considering also that the Pal system is much more used in the world than the Ntsc.
Thanks
2017-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Raz Taz Posted at 2017-10-15 05:17
Please Dji can you explain why European customers are not to be considered in your marketing strategy?
Maybe Dji decided to only interest in the American market?
Do we ask too much if we ask for a device that works properly in Europe?

It is for sure holding me back buying one.
2017-10-15
Use props
Julian99
New
United Kingdom

I posted this in another forum, but posting here in case it gets more attention from DJI.

I just purchased a Spark, and the lack of 25fps for Europe is not just irritating, its idiotic.   The whole point of owning a drone is to create smooth floating footage.   What's the point of ownership if your video chops and jitters. Sure I know how to convert 30fps to a 25fps timeline, but that's just squeezing a square cake into a round hole.  We live in 50Hz territory, and 25/50 fps is a requirement.

The worst part is that its such an obvious requirement in Europe that it never crossed my mind to check before I purchased it, and I doubt I'm anywhere close to being alone.
Please can someone at DJI make the sensible decision to make sure a 25fps record mode is added in firmware soon... or at least come clean as to the reasons why it can't be.

Under normal circumstances I would look to upgrade to more capable drones like the Phantom / Inspire in future, but this 25fps issue with the spark has left me so disappointed and cheated that I'm strongly inclined not to think about it on principle.
2017-11-20
Use props
Robert Wållberg
New

Sweden

I bought a DJI Spark, for me it´s a lot of money. Now I can´t use it because my other cameras is European standard. The video looks crappy together. Can I return a used DJI Spark, the thing I wanted was to combine it with my DSLR and my Gopro. It´s not possible?
2017-11-26
Use props
Rotwag
New

Sweden

I contacted DJI about the problem, this is the answer:

Good day!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Regarding your concern, Regretfully, there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possible for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

As of now the Video ResolutionFHD for Spark is: 1920×1080 30p

Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time, we appreciate your suggestions that will help us improve our products. We urge you to constantly visit our link  for the latest updates on our technology and products.

I want to stress that we take this kind of issue seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention. It ensures that your
the concern is addressed and we can continue improving your DJI experience.

We thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Blessie C.
DJI Technical Support

I think we all should spread to people that are thinking about buing a drone, to get another one than DJI spark. If you are an European I mean, americans can still use it. Most of my friends are potential byers, I will let them no when it works i Europe.

With regards, Robert

2017-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rotwag Posted at 2017-11-26 10:18
I contacted DJI about the problem, this is the answer:

Good day!

I skipped Spark just for the lack of 25fps...
2017-11-26
Use props
docodave
New

Australia

Hi All,

Firstly, let me start by saying DJI make FANTASTIC products!

However, this issue should simply not exist!

2017-12-3
Use props
docodave
New

Australia

Hi All,

Let me start by saying DJI make FANTASTIC products!

However, this issue sadly  makes it harder to recommend their products to new users.

More than 60% off the world uses PAL. Why do we have to ask for it?

I sent an email to DJI and must say their response time was very good.

However, their answer was not what I was expecting:

Jeff N       
Jeff N (Support)
11月29日 CST08:07

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Thank you for the appreciation of our products! We are always in constant research and development of our existing products and to come up with new drones with the most advanced technology. We do understand that you want to have the Spark although the option for PAL video setting is hindering you to do so. Have you tried it already? You can experience it first so you can get hold of how wonderful the craft is.

We'll make sure that your suggestion will reach our developers and be considered for the upcoming updates. However, we are unsure of when it will be added, so make sure you are always updated with the latest about the Spark through visiting the website from time to time.

Have a nice day!

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (GMT+10)

Thank you for choosing DJI. The future of possible.

Regards,
Jeff N
DJI AU Technical Support
support@dji.com

It is disappointing that this is stopping me from buying a few of these drones as Christmas presents and also recommending them to my training customer.

Many, many sales lost!

Come on DJI, please fix this issue and let's not do this again, please!
2017-12-3
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

25p is the most important issue within the Spark, but I think they did not had the prosumers (in EU)  in mind for this product.
2017-12-3
Use props
MvR
lvl.2
Poland

24p is a must! But erm... 25? And PAL?! Are you people all time travellers from 20th century or something? Which European country still broadcasts anything in PAL?
2017-12-3
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

MvR Posted at 2017-12-3 09:06
24p is a must! But erm... 25? And PAL?! Are you people all time travellers from 20th century or something? Which European country still broadcasts anything in PAL?

hey genius, before typing, search in google and you can easily find a link like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region

Then you can also ask yourself why all the other DJI drones give you the chance to choose NTSc or PAL.
Finally, ask yourself why all the cameras in the world, consumer, prosumer and professional have the same possibility.
2017-12-3
Use props
MvR
lvl.2
Germany

Raz Taz Posted at 2017-12-3 16:00
hey genius, before typing, search in google and you can easily find a link like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region

Don't want to argue, but previous posters were mentoning PAL, not "PAL region". And PAL is obsolete 625-line interlaced analog television signal encoding. I REALLY wouldn't like PAL encoded video coming back to my display...

But anyway - instead of dropping frames why not slow them down?
2017-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MvR Posted at 2017-12-4 04:24
Don't want to argue, but previous posters were mentoning PAL, not "AL region". And PAL is obsolete 625-line interlaced analog television signal encoding. I REALLY wouldn't like PAL encoded video coming back to my display...

But anyway - instead of dropping frames why not slow them down?

Technically you will be correct, but most camera manufacturers still refer to PAL / NTSC when talking about their framerates.
So my videocamera is stuck in PAL modus and in my DSLR I can choose between PAL and NTSC (that is what the menu option says).
Even most video editors talk about PAL and NTSC in their export forms.
So please forgive the incorrect terminology and focus on what matters.
25fps (or 50fps) shooting is important in EU area.

Here is some test footage showing why

And a tutorial by RED explaining why
http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/flicker-free-video-tutorial

And about your question: why not slow things down?
I might do that, BUT it gives very unnatural results if there are people etc. in your shot. They look like lazy people not willing to move.
So yes I can do that to get rid of dropped frames, but it does introduce the unwanted effect of slow motion.
And 1/6th is too much to not notice.

2017-12-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules