Are the Mavic Pro components protected against dust?
704 1 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
altermaan
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everyone!
When I recently took my Mavic out on a trip at one point I had it take off from an unpaved parking lot, which led to huge amounts of dust being whirled up by the propellers. After landing I then noticed that there was a thin layer of dust on the sides and in the camera/gimbal-area. Since I know that small foreign particles within moving parts are more or less the worst thing that can happen I am wondering: are the gimbal/ the camera/ the rotors/ the internals of the Mavic protected against dust and, if yes, how well? Or do I need to worry about long term damage of moving parts due to particle ingress?
Cheers,
Daniel
2017-5-31
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You might be better getting a landing pad of some sort. The main consideration is the fan behind the gimbal which draws in air for cooling so if there is a lot of dust then it will be sucking the dust in. I really don't know how long it would last if subjected to a lot of dust over a period of time. You will also be getting dust on the camera lens and although most of it will blow away, some larger particles may hit the lens.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules