Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro the Red Headed Step child, or Worse ?
3770 9 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

So I own my Mavic Pro 24 hour now and here what I have learned seen.

#1. Only 80% of its power is useable Since launch and for Warranty reasons DJI has seen fit to Reduce its Max Speed Or Motor output the ESC's deliver to the motors basically nerfing it.
Speed is more limited now, and battery run time has also been limited since launch, So 27 minutes flight time is more like 20 min and Max throttle is more like 80%, So the ESC;s don;t overheat and to extend the life of the battery. Also it was too fast for a budget product and its been slowly getting slower with each formware.
#2. IMO and this may be early but the Mavic Pro is more restricted in height altitude than other drones Pahntom 3 or Phantom 4 ? I could be wrong on this.
#3. Design, what made me buy the Mavic Pro was the careful attention to detail and design, but that might be the Achilies heel, it far less durable and sturdy, the internals heat up too much.

Its DJI's 1st attempt at this type of drone, not their 5th or 6th drone but the first one of its kind.

I won't even go into reported camera issues in 1080p 60fps because I don't have enough to judge yet.  

2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First off have to say wow, knowing all this and you still bought one !!!

There has been no reduction in speed you can achieve 40 mph, no difference in altitude you can still achieve 500meters altitude.

Internals don't heat up to much, you can fly Mavic with 3 batteries no problem, I'm sure you can fly with more but I've only got 3 .

Battery time , as with all dji AC you need some reserve for RTH and landing, critical battery now set at 15%, but I would hazard a guess that most users land with 20% plus. You can always use remaining power to charge your phone with small adapter.

20/22 minutes is probably the best you will do, but same on p4p and inspire. P4p 30mins flying time 25mins, inspire 25mins flying 20mins.
Anyone who flys these AC know and are aware of the capabilities of the batteries, and accordingly for the safety of their AC and people and property use this knowledge to fly safe.

Regarding design Mavic is very sturdy and no different than any other dji AC if you crash or drop from the sky it will break just as all drones will. No drones made of rubber on the market yet that have the technology and power of these Aircraft.

I sometimes wonder why people who purchase and on day 1 spend there time criticising there product, I can tell you there are way more positives you could be discussing about this AC than the negative you are choosing to do. It makes me wonde why someone would go to all the expense of purchasing a product that they are going to denigrate before they ever use it.
2017-5-31
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

And yet, you bought one while you seems to be well informed.

But statement 1: no proof anywhere... And why not finetune a thing that might fall out of the sky else? Mine still goes about 60KM/h
Statement2: your opinion... It goes 500m high, not sure what is restricted here.
Statement 3: your opinion what might be... Not sure what is not durable. If you crash it, it will break, it's plastic. Heat? Didn't have any issues yet and flown with 36 degree.
2017-5-31
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-5-31 03:20
And yet, you bought one while you seems to be well informed.

But statement 1: no proof anywhere... And why not finetune a thing that might fall out of the sky else? Mine still goes about 60KM/h

Thank you all for the replies, this is all very reassuring, I feel better now. Also I didn't "know" all these things before buying just quick fast educations on forums and reviews.

appreciate the feedback.

2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

IceCold Posted at 2017-5-31 03:49
Thank you all for the replies, this is all very reassuring, I feel better now. Also I didn't "know" all these things before buying just quick fast educations on forums and reviews.

appreciate the feedback.

You have an exceptional AC go out and fly it and come back and tell us how you get on.

Good luck.
2017-5-31
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read...and I mean READ your manual from front to back, look over your AC, familiarize your self with the app...ALL of it, then re-read your manual...then go fly.  
2017-5-31
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

After 24 hours, I doubt you know more than 1% of what your aircraft is capable of.  Learn on..
2017-5-31
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow thats some statement, if you had all those doubts in your head regarding the Mavic I'm suprised your brian let you complete the purchase, have you tried flying it more than once yet? when it took off the first time were you no overwhelmed wth how stable it was? was your heart pounding like mad as you started to fly it and think wow this is amazing...... If you answered no to any of those maybe you should send it back
2017-5-31
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I have seen no reduction in speed since I got my Mavic back in November. I fly 40 to 43 mph all the time.
2017-5-31
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

After 24 hours, I doubt you know more than 1% of what your aircraft is capable of.  Learn on.

I agree with this response!
2020-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules