My first ever video
585 7 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tab Ventures
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20413 ft
Australia

Hey guys, please check out my first ever video.

Any comments, advice or feedback?

It short and sweet. Going for the Industrial, slow, cold theme.

2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job nice flying very smooth, some parts look out of focus but I think this is reduction in quality when posting here or you tube. Look forward to your next one..
2017-5-31
Use props
Tab Ventures
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-31 03:57
Good job nice flying very smooth, some parts look out of focus but I think this is reduction in quality when posting here or you tube. Look forward to your next one..

Thanks Hallmark. Thanks the feedback mate. the editing requires just as much skill as the flying which will take time me thinks. I will also compare the youtube vid to the source vid to see if the 'focus' issue is still there.

Is there a particular part that is noticeably out of focus?
2017-5-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice and smooth, thanks for sharing
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tab Ventures Posted at 2017-5-31 04:45
Thanks Hallmark. Thanks the feedback mate. the editing requires just as much skill as the flying which will take time me thinks. I will also compare the youtube vid to the source vid to see if the 'focus' issue is still there.

Is there a particular part that is noticeably out of focus?

I was looking at the cars at 36 sec but I think it just the way it goes a bit to mush when it reduced to 1080 or 720p you will be better able to check this out with your 2.7k view, I thought the Sky which was lovely and could have been a little sharper.
I'm not criticising it was all actually put together really well, and yes you will find post work does take a lot of time if your looking for best results.
2017-5-31
Use props
Tab Ventures
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-31 05:14
I was looking at the cars at 36 sec but I think it just the way it goes a bit to mush when it reduced to 1080 or 720p you will be better able to check this out with your 2.7k view, I thought the Sky which was lovely and could have been a little sharper.
I'm not criticising it was all actually put together really well, and yes you will find post work does take a lot of time if your looking for best results.

no offence taken. Never actually thought about the sky factor. And yes, i'll take them onboard as pointers to look out for next time a record cars and moving objects overhead.
2017-5-31
Use props
Yoshimitsu76
New
Ireland

Just my $0.02 on this... caveat being that I have an impressive 60 minutes of flying under my belt and about 2hrs of video editing experience in total (that's how long it took me to make my first 1m40s clip! [which I havent posted yet... stay tuned])

- Overall a really good clip for being the 1st time. I like the birds-eye-views starting at 14 sec
- Possibly a bit of color grading needs to be applied. The sepia colors of the docks contrast well with the greenish/grayish water but maybe a bit more contract in the sky is needed (I used iMovie so just a few levers to tinker with)
- @44 sec the panning is a bit too fast compared to the overall speed used elsewhere.
- I like the soundtrack, it fits the mood and speed of the clip.

Great job overall though! Planning a similar type of flight myself here in Dublin, Ireland as I live close to the docks. I'm still a bit weary of flying over water though. What settings did you use on your Mavic? Any lens filters? what video editing software?
I'll add you as friend on here so I share my clip when I feel less embarrassed about my editing!
2017-5-31
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

Very nice video!

So is that Adelaide? Have family there somewhere!!
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules