Updating mavic battery
1738 5 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2dbea8ea
lvl.1
United States

I bought a Mavic about a month ago and updated the firmware soon after.  No problems.   Yesterday when I fired it up I was informed that I needed to update the firmware.  I managed to get it updated with one battery -  when that battery is installed it checks and says the firmware is up to date.  When either of my other two batteries are installed it claims I need to update the firmware to the 700 version.  When I start the update it errors out with a message about a disconnect by the server, and says I should reboot everything and try again.   I have done that repeatedly with the same result.  There is no interruption of the wifi connection.

I installed the pc app on the only windows pc we have.  When I plug in the drone with a usb cable it isn't recognized - or at least the software makes no response.

Any helpful suggestions?  I am retired from the technology world and have moved over to the "it should just work" camp.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans2dbea8ea
lvl.1
United States

The first pargraph was all with the Go 4 app on a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone
2017-5-31
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Try deleting and re-installing  DJI-Go 4. Be sure to empty the cache.  I've always done the  updates from my phone with no problem.  If you have multiple batteries, install each in the Mavic and restart both Mavic and GO 4.  The battery should report it's firmware version back to GO and prompt you to update.  In that case, only the battery firmware will be updated.  Do the same with each battery.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans2dbea8ea
lvl.1
United States

Hmm.  Notice that I'm a Beginner.   When I poked into the details - all three batteries report having the same firmware version 1.03.0600.  Since it flies fine maybe I should just wait a bit and see if version 1.03.0700 somehow gets more agreeable later.  
2017-5-31
Use props
fans2dbea8ea
lvl.1
United States

fans2dbea8ea Posted at 2017-5-31 15:08
Hmm.  Notice that I'm a Beginner.   When I poked into the details - all three batteries report having the same firmware version 1.03.0600.  Since it flies fine maybe I should just wait a bit and see if version 1.03.0700 somehow gets more agreeable later.

So today I tried again and it just worked.  Didn't do anything different that I know of.
2017-6-1
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

Just a note . . I had similars question on updating the batteries Firmware . . and guess what . . currently . . there is no firmware updates for the batteries.   Just an FYI
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules