1441 27 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canes76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alright everyone...here is my latest video!  I think this might be one of my better edits! Rapidan Mill in Rapidan, VA - hey, if you like it, give me a thumbs up and SMASH the subscribe button!

Let me know what you think!

2017-5-31
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Nicely filmed and edited!  Personally though, I would replace the fat guy in the video with a hot model.  Especially for those running scenes!  
2017-5-31
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-5-31 11:48
Nicely filmed and edited!  Personally though, I would replace the fat guy in the video with a hot model.  Especially for those running scenes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2017-5-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice! I've shot stills at that spot and chatted a bit with the owner. Love to go back sometime with my Mavic and take a stab. There's a mansion nearby we wanted to look at but decided we didn't want to risk trespassing w/o a sure bonus.
2017-5-31
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-31 12:00
Nice! I've shot stills at that spot and chatted a bit with the owner. Love to go back sometime with my Mavic and take a stab. There's a mansion nearby we wanted to look at but decided we didn't want to risk trespassing w/o a sure bonus.

That's awesome - Someone stopped when I was flying and asked, "did you get all the shots you wanted?" I was like sure! - He then proceeded to tell me, "about a 1/4 mile up the river, it bends and opens up to the railroad truss!"  I said I will go shoot that!

Cool that people were cool...Need more folks like that!
2017-5-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Canes76 Posted at 2017-5-31 12:06
That's awesome - Someone stopped when I was flying and asked, "did you get all the shots you wanted?" I was like sure! - He then proceeded to tell me, "about a 1/4 mile up the river, it bends and opens up to the railroad truss!"  I said I will go shoot that!

Cool that people were cool...Need more folks like that!

If you had gone much further up the river you'd probably have seen that mansion the owner of the mill told me about!
2017-5-31
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-31 12:39
If you had gone much further up the river you'd probably have seen that mansion the owner of the mill told me about!

Dang, now I need to go back!  LOL
2017-5-31
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Awesome! Terrific photography and editing.
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty good job man.

I wish I had that much time to edit. I am not patient enough to sit for hours. I'll keep flying and piling up videos until retirement. lol
2017-5-31
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Cool movie and great editing - thank you for sharing :-) Really like your style.
2017-5-31
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I'll give it a green thumbs up, great editing. Do you plan much before going out, what shots you want, storyboard etc, or just grab stuff on the day and work it out in the edit after?
2017-6-1
Use props
MMARKOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United States

It's not just you, but many people insert audio that does not contribute to the look and feel of the subject being videoed.
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ray_Dunakin Posted at 2017-5-31 20:21
Awesome! Terrific photography and editing.

Thank you!
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 20:39
Pretty good job man.

I wish I had that much time to edit. I am not patient enough to sit for hours. I'll keep flying and piling up videos until retirement. lol

Yeah, I feel ya.  I used to sit down and grind it out, but I feel now if I take two days, I feel much better and it lets me sink in what I want the story to look like.
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-5-31 23:58
Cool movie and great editing - thank you for sharing :-) Really like your style.

Thank you!  I appreciate the comments
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-6-1 01:00
I'll give it a green thumbs up, great editing. Do you plan much before going out, what shots you want, storyboard etc, or just grab stuff on the day and work it out in the edit after?

Matt-and-Riley,
This place was about hour and half away from me, I saw pictures online so it gave me a little idea as I did not want to scout it out beforehand.  But, I do write down a list of shots I want to get, but I do some running and gunning because I see other things I want to add - for example, I was driving around to see where I was going to launch from and came across the railroad tracks.  I decided that would be my opening and ending.  I hope that helps, I need to write down some shots because when I am up there I might forget to grab a certain shot.
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-6-1 01:00

Matt-and-Riley,
This place was about hour and half away from me, I saw pictures online so it gave me a little idea as I did not want to scout it out beforehand.  But, I do write down a list of shots I want to get, but I do some running and gunning because I see other things I want to add - for example, I was driving around to see where I was going to launch from and came across the railroad tracks.  I decided that would be my opening and ending.  I hope that helps, I need to write down some shots because when I am up there I might forget to grab a certain shot.
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MMARKOE Posted at 2017-6-1 02:51
It's not just you, but many people insert audio that does not contribute to the look and feel of the subject being videoed.

But, it is all who is creating the video and what they want the story to unfold, if you listen to the words, I think it fits the story and feel.  I do understand my taste of music might not suit others and that is cool...I could gone with a more dramatic, scary type and change the color correction and that would have given off a different vibe....But, I like the song and the feel.

Thanks for the comments
2017-6-1
Use props
geezieboy
New
Netherlands

I like it. Nice colors during the entire clip!
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

geezieboy Posted at 2017-6-1 05:39
I like it. Nice colors during the entire clip!

Thank you!  I agree, I do like how the color came out - sometimes it can be difficult with a DSLR and the Mavic!
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Canes76 Posted at 2017-6-1 04:22
But, it is all who is creating the video and what they want the story to unfold, if you listen to the words, I think it fits the story and feel.  I do understand my taste of music might not suit others and that is cool...I could gone with a more dramatic, scary type and change the color correction and that would have given off a different vibe....But, I like the song and the feel.

Thanks for the comments

Cane,

Tha is an idea for you. Since you already have the edited movie, change the music , the color and spin a scary one with 1/10 of the time. You should try man!.
2017-6-1
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

I like the idea of where you were going with it, but not sure the shots of you (I assume) really fit into the overall video. They seem a bit disconnected for me. Also, I like the swishing sound/transition effect, but I would use it more sparingly to really make it pop, when it does... Just my two cents. Overall, nice video!
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-1 06:29
Cane,

Tha is an idea for you. Since you already have the edited movie, change the music , the color and spin a scary one with 1/10 of the time. You should try man!.

HAHAHAHA - yeah, maybe I could do that edit
2017-6-1
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bcjkdem1 Posted at 2017-6-1 07:28
I like the idea of where you were going with it, but not sure the shots of you (I assume) really fit into the overall video. They seem a bit disconnected for me. Also, I like the swishing sound/transition effect, but I would use it more sparingly to really make it pop, when it does... Just my two cents. Overall, nice video!

Hey, thanks for the comments...more of a short film if you may, regarding me and the other shots.  Telling a story on how I got there and left
2017-6-1
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

Man, cool shot transitions!  I couldn't decide if those were completely in post or partly filmed where you sweep down or left then into moving that direction.  Very cool.
2017-6-2
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mcg Photo Posted at 2017-6-2 20:19
Man, cool shot transitions!  I couldn't decide if those were completely in post or partly filmed where you sweep down or left then into moving that direction.  Very cool.

Thank you!  
To answer your question - it's a little of both!
2017-6-3
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

great video. charlie and the chocolate factory comes to mind with this video
2017-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft