Where is my Mavic Pro? Paid 2/17. Nightmare. Bad Support.
1598 4 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

Can someone tell me where my Mavic Pro is... I'm asking for real assistance (again) here - not just friendly responses from DJI reps, but actual assistance.

2/17 - I paid DJI directly for a Mavic Pro
2/21 - Defective Mavic Pro delivered
[Flying new Mavic - noticing issues, but researching to make sure not user error]
[Out of Town]
[Flying new Mavic - noticing issues, but researching to make sure not user error]
3/7 - Called DJI to report observed 'Gimbal/Camera Freakout' issue. Since I admitted being new to the Mavic (P3P owner for 2+yr), I  am urged by support to reach out to the community
[Out of Town]
3/20 - Open thread about issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-89485-1-1.html
3/23 - DJI opens a case and request I send in my defective Mavic Pro for repair
3/24 - Shipped Mavic Pro to DJI using provided shipping label
3/30 - UPS Delivered defective Mavic Pro to DJI
4/3 - DJI updates case status to "Conducting Damage Assessment"
4/6 - DJI updates case status to indicated under repair
4/21 - 'Repaired' Mavic Pro is delivered to my home address
4/21 - I notify that the 'repaired' issue still exists exactly as described before repair - reproduced numerous times on first flight
4/25 - DJI opens a new case for 'repair'
4/27 - DJI sends me the shipping label
5/4 - I am notified by DJI that I am going to be sent a new Mavic Pro to replace the defective-out-of-the-box one they sent me
5/15 - Notification of UPS shipment
[Numerous contacts with DJI trying to figure out why they lie so much about shipping things since it's clearly not been handed off to UPS]
[DJISupport blocks me on Twitter - for sharing my truthful experiences publicly...they don't like this]
5/19 - Another notification of UPS shipment
5/23 - I see in the UPS status that the package is being held at the local sorting facility - citing that no street address was provided on the shipping label.
5/23 - Drive the 40 minute drive to the UPS facility. Upon arrival, I am presented with a battered refurb Phantom 3 Standard
5/23 - I notify DJI of their mixup - questioning how they can still be in business after treating their customers the way they regularly do.
5/24 – I am threatened with a BAN FROM THE FORUMS for sharing my experience on posts where other disappointed customers shared their similar experiences - <5 comments.
5/24 - Contacted by DJI via phone (Oscar) - am again assured that a supervisor will be keeping a personal eye on the case, ensuring that I am going to be taken care of this time. Rep also indicated that they'd like to compensate me for my troubles - eluding to free blades and a free battery (which I indicate I am not requesting - I simply want what I paid for in Feb).
5/24 - DJI provides me with a new return label to send back in the P3S they errantly sent me instead of my Mavic Pro (they claim they did sent it and that UPS messed things up - truth is that their originally provided tracking number showed ANY movement and never showed as picked up by UPS).
5/25 - I ship back the battered refurb P3S
5/30 - P3S is delivered by UPS to DJI
5/31 - DJI has told me 1) my package has shipped 2) my replacement Mavic shipment would be processed after they've completed the intake of the P3S.

I'd like to talk more about 5/31... 1) As I've told DJI a couple of times today, the package that's showing as shipped is the 'make it up to me' that I was told of on 5/24 - that I stated that I didn't want, and instead that I merely wanted the $1400 aircraft package that I paid them for. I was really worried about this when the rep said he was going to ship me extra stuff - DJI always seems confused about what's ACTUALLY going on with cases, and so I've long worried that incompetently they'd just assume this was my Mavic Pro replacement and carry on, which seems to be the case. 2) As I've told DJI since day 1 - STOP MAKING ME PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKES AND PROBLEMS.  Anyone else notice this?  DJI has supply problems, resource shortages, delays, move facilities, etc, and the problem is passed directly on to their customers... Why on earth do I now have to wait what will likely prove to be another ~month for them to backtrack on that battered refurb P3S that they sent to me?  I didn't do that - each step of the way, I've carefully ensured to do things 100% as asked... DJI has messed up nearly every single part of this process - and each time, I have to suffer as a result... Terrible customer service.  Even if my NEW Mavic Pro replacement shipped today, it's obviously been WAYYYYY TOO LONG - completely due to mess ups on DJI's side of our agreement.

What's not disclosed in the above timeline are the many wasted hours on the phone talking to DJI, sending emails back and forth with DJI, communicating on Twitter (before I was blocked) with DJI, making Youtube videos and having DJI come on there acting super helpful (they did it last night - incorrectly citing publicly that they'd shipped my Mavic, which is a lie merely to save face)... So much wasted energy and frustration... I've been told by several 'supervisors' throughout this whole terrible process that they'd "personally be keeping tabs on this" and making sure that I was taken care of - NONE OF THEM TO DATE HAVE ACTUALLY FOLLOWED UP AS PROMISED (otherwise it wouldn't be THREE MONTHS LATER AND ME STILL WITHOUT MY MONEY OR PROPERTY).  If need be, I can fill in the details of these communications based on my various records - which, since it appears that DJI would prefer we go the legal route, I may be doing soon anyways.

So... DJI... Please.. No more 'friendly', yet unhelpful fluffy answers... I need real help here.. I need someone to tell me when I can expect the Mavic Pro that I paid in February for - BECAUSE IT'S LONG, LONG, LONG OVERDUE....

Fun closing note: I was a long term fan of DJI's. I loved my P3P and recommended it to anyone who was curious... DJI won't get another dime of mine. DJI won't get another recommendation from me.  If I do decide to keep my P3P rather than set it on fire and see how long it can fly for the views, and if someone approaches me about if I recommend getting into the hobby, I have a new response... I don't even have to say anything about DJI in the process, yet I feel confident that they're unlikely to buy after doing as instructed... Going forward I will simply say: "Go to their support forum and read all of the terrible experiences. Then, go to Twitter - search for 'djisupport' and then view 'latest' and just scroll, and read the frustration of countless angry, confused and desperate DJI customers before you give them any of your money."

Thanks.

2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MentalEcho, we totally understand how frustrating it must be, sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience with us.
We're concerned much about your case and keep following up it recently, the P3S was delivered, we'll expedite the process as soon as possible and get it addressed so you could receive the Mavic shortly.
Besides, we replied your twitter as well, will keep an eye on it and let you know for any update.
Truly appreciate your patience!
2017-5-31
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-31 18:38
MentalEcho, we totally understand how frustrating it must be, sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience with us.
We're concerned much about your case and keep following up it recently, the P3S was delivered, we'll expedite the process as soon as possible and get it addressed so you could receive the Mavic shortly.
Besides, we replied your twitter as well, will keep an eye on it and let you know for any update.

I really want to trust you guys, but I can't. Every single time, DJI just does what they want to do - and it's always what is best for DJI.

Last night, after I shared my update regarding my negative experiences with DJI here and elsewhere on the Internet, DJI took to social media in typical fashion to do damage control.  In the process, I was unblocked from Twitter and I was responded to on all platforms that DJI seems to be currently aware of.  

Yesterday, after posting my updates, I was overnighted a Mavic Pro from DJI which arrived a few mins ago - I've recorded the unboxing, which I will likely share later when I find MORE TIME TO KEEP TRYING TO GET DJI TO DO THE RIGHT THING...  I was promised that I would be sent a NEW Mavic Pro to replace the NEW Mavic Pro that I paid for that was defective 3+ months ago.  Instead, I was overnighted a USED/REFURB Mavic Pro, wrapped in bubble wrap, without the Mavic Pro Box.  So now I have a used Mavic Pro instead of the new one that I paid $1400 for - and now box with a matching serial...

Why can't DJI EVER do what they say they will do?  I PAID FOR A NEW MAVIC PRO - I SHOULD BE GIVEN A NEW-IN-THE-BOX MAVIC PRO LIKE I PAID FOR. And in what world is it okay to request that I send my unit in in the original box and then for you to ship a unit back in bubble wrap?!  More bad service, guys... I just don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.. "I paid $1400 in Feb for a NEW functional Mavic Pro and instead was sent a new defective Mavic Pro - it's only fair that I be provided with the NEW FUNCTIONAL MAVIC PRO that I paid you for"... I'm so tired of dealing with you guys... So exhausted from being jerked around by DJI.
2017-6-1
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

Quick update...

After updating on here and tweeting the update @DJISupport, I was contacted by someone stating that they were calling me from the California facility.  The rep, who indicated that they weren't with customer service but instead with a different group related to repairs, wanted to review my situation with me.  

I again went through my spiel, trying to keep a cool head, while also conveying the gravity of the situation the best that I could... Citing my posts on here with timelines, my post on Reddit (which was actually gilded today, which for those who don't know means that someone (who probably relates) found my post about this situation to be worthy of special recognition), and my tweets as sources where additional details could be found...  

Side note: It's so difficult to tell your story dozens of times to different people over multiple months - makes you feel like you're losing your mind...this keeping my cool and repeating my experiences time and time again has proven increasingly challenging for me - after a dozen people have sworn to help you, only to not get truly helped by even one of them, it's hard to not respond as if they too are personally out to screw you over... But I digress...

Unlike the reps before him, this guy didn't try to convince me that I was an isolated incident... This guy actually listened, empathized and owned my complaints - at times even providing explanations/insite into the support issues and whatnot... No ground breaking insider info or anything, but just your run of the mill "hugely successful product. can't keep up. overwhelmed."... Honestly, it was refreshing to not feel like I was again being lied to... Note to support - you should take pointers from this guy... Your continuing to assert "isolated incident - everyone else in the world is super happy with DJI" after I've cited no less than a dozen other recent instances that can be easily found on the Internet only infuriates your customer and makes you come across as a shill/tool/puppet...

Anywhos... So... After reviewing with this this new non-support guy, he makes me an offer. "How about we send you out a brand new Mavic in the box ASAP and you send back the refurb? Fair?"... I could have cried... I probably would have kissed him were he standing here - and I'm a happily married straight dude.  I indicated that this was exactly fair - that this was exactly what I'd been asking for for more than 2 months now...  I also expressed my doubts - "This sounds great.. But I've been lied to by so many people at DJI before.. I've heard some of these things exactly before - yet here we are, talking about the various ways I've been screwed over by DJI since I first turned to them for help.."... The guy again didn't try to convince me of anything untrue or contrary to my experiences - he just reiterated that he was being truthful and that he was going to handle it all just as soon as we hung up.

About 15 minutes after hanging up, I got an automated email to begin processing the return - which, based on my terrible experiences thus far, started to look like more of the same old non-helpful support to me... Then about another 20 min later I got an email directly from the guy's DJI work email (not a generic no response email) - in the email was an overnight tracking number along with a picture of a new Mavic Pro in the box...

So... There's the not so short 'quick' update... I'm not counting my eggs just yet.. I will believe that I am getting help when my mavic is delivered to me - but I am optimistically hopeful that this guy is on the up and up, and that after a terrible few months that I'm finally getting the help that I set out to get.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-6-1 13:35
Quick update...

After updating on here and tweeting the update @DJISupport, I was contacted by someone stating that they were calling me from the California facility.  The rep, who indicated that they weren't with customer service but instead with a different group related to repairs, wanted to review my situation with me.  

Thank you very much for your update, we're pleased to know it have been corrected finally.
Deeply apologize again for your unpleasant experience during the whole process.
Should you have any further query, please feel free to let us know, we'd love to help at any time, appreciate you support!
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules