2152 9 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Question!!! I have a Phantom 2 v2 (latest gimbal control knob and motors etc etc.) lately whenever I boot it up I wait for full GPS Lock all solid green lights. iOSD shows 10+ easily but the motors wont arm. I then can do a compass calibration and it arms fine. I can turn the quad off and boot it up and in the same spot and it requires a compass calibration it seems each time to boot up? I have the unit in Naza Mode if that matters.
2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Are your switches both in the up position?  If they are down, it won't start.
2015-3-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

What do the rear LEDs indicate when you try to arm the motor in the cases where the motors don't start?

2015-3-11
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

All switches are in TOP Positions. Home Lock/ CL is OFF. and Mode is in GPS Mode. When I try to arm it it flashes GREEN very fast not sure of the amount of times I'll have to record in slow motion to see and then just go to the normal slow flash green.
2015-3-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

From the Naza-M Manual --> FAQ --> Abnormal LED indication List:

(4) At the first motors start, the system will check the sensors Bias and you are asked to keep the aircraft
stationary (no need of horizontal level). If you cannot start the motors and the LED blinks Green 6 times
quickly ( ), it means that the sensor error is too big. Please connect the assistant software,
enter the "Tools" - > IMU calibration, carry out basic calibration.
Note: after the first successful motors start, this checking will be disabled and it is no need any more to
keep the aircraft stationary during starting motors.

2015-3-11
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

If are not getting the compass error light RYRYRY... you should not have to do a compass calibration and the compass should not be preventing the system from arming.  I think the Rapid green flashing is setting home point.
I would check your RC Calibration in the Phantom Assistant just top make sure the stics are properly calibrated if some drift has occured
2015-3-11
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-3-11 23:44
From the Naza-M Manual --> FAQ --> Abnormal LED indication List:

(4) At the first motors start, the ...

Thanks pretty sure its 6 times! I'll do this tonight and test it out!
2015-3-11
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Worked fine after I did the IMU Calibration. I just found out there is a newer Update for the Phantoms. Think I'll wait a little before I do thatl!
2015-3-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-3-13 01:48
Worked fine after I did the IMU Calibration. I just found out there is a newer Update for the Phanto ...

After you boot up the Phantom (which is after the RC and TX) and it finishes all the rapid greens which verify you have adequate Sat's you should then see a red green or green red after the compass dance indicating you are in NAZA and ready to go, if you are not calibrating the compass then just greens and good to go "if you know your compass is good".
2015-3-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-3-13 01:48
Worked fine after I did the IMU Calibration. I just found out there is a newer Update for the Phanto ...

Don't be afraid of the new 3.8 software with 3.12 firmware, it works! I have been flying the balls off my P2V+ with it right from release and no issues!
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules