Terrible Batteries- want to sell my drone seeking advice
984 8 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansabef08e0
New
United States

Hello I have had a terrible experience with my phantom 4. I purchased my drone just about a year ago. I used the DJI battery hub to keep my batteries in storage over the winter, and now all my batteries are dead...

Given this, I see owning a DJI product with batteries such as these is completely unsustainable to me... I cant afford $450+ in batteries every year.

I want to sell my drone, and I wonder has anyone done it- and if they have any advice on how to proceed

I DONT WANT DJI PRODUCTS ANYMORE- just terrible batteries!

"DJI" - unsustainable products for the common consumer.

2017-5-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I seem to have better luck with charging them back up after a flight and not allowing the self-discharge to kick in.  I have it set to 10 days, but they get used at some point sooner so they go back in the charger once cooled down after the flight.

I fear that if they sit too long after a self-discharge cycle, the charger will no longer see the battery and refuse to charge it.  That means the battery is a goner.   I like to see all four LEDs on no matter how many days within the 10 days window have passed.

Wish they'd get rid of that Intelligent Battery and just keep it a generic Li-Po, and put that electronic stuff into a smart charger like other RC toys have.  Might be able to recover that setup easier if the battery is too low to charge.

2017-5-31
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Can you be more specific on how you have managed your batteries?

Were they left with a storage charge and put away or were they continuously on the charging hub?
2017-5-31
Use props
fansabef08e0
New
United States

I took good care of them, they just died at a little bit over a year of use.

and I would leave them with a storage charge in a cool desk drawer to answer your Q. Not continuously on the charging hub...
2017-5-31
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

You're supposed to charge and discharge them at least once a month. I haven't had any problems with mine following this procedure.
2017-6-1
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Are you sure that they haven't just gone into hibernation mode and need to be woken back up?
2017-6-1
Use props
Anthony White
New

United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-6-1 10:41
Are you sure that they haven't just gone into hibernation mode and need to be woken back up?

Is there such a thing as “hibernation mode” for the batteries; because my are DEAD and won’t even respond to a charge?
2023-7-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Anthony White Posted at 7-10 13:27
Is there such a thing as “hibernation mode” for the batteries; because my are DEAD and won’t even respond to a charge?

Yes, there is such a thing as Hibernation mode.. I believe it is also written in the manual...
2023-7-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've got batteries from 2016 that I'm still flying with
2023-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules