1629 14 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys updated to the latest firmware recently though had not done a test flight, my Mavic through all recent firmware updates has been rock solid without any issues

Yesterday was such a sunny day with a light wind, finished work shot home picked up the Mavic for a quick flight.

I was keeping the Mavic in LOS while fliying fowards at 50m height the controller started beeping when I looked down the front sensors had activated and the drone stopped, let it hover for a sec then it started flyign normally did not see taht error again, Landed the Mavic changed the battery and started flying again this time I glanced down and in the top left corner of the DJI Go app (latest version) it flashed up in yellow compass error, the message was only there beifly, couple of minutes later had anotehr error this time it said either ginball wheel error or wheeel error.

Next flight I will record the screen and try and capture any future DJI Go info, cant help but worry that the latest firmware or the DJI Go app has some bugs

2017-5-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not managed to get that second flight today will try again tomorrow
2017-6-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had issues with the new firmware also. Thought it was ok but turns out it's dog muck! Very disappointed.
2017-6-1
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

That's some gorgeous landscape there!

I know the sun has been known to cause the sensors to report false object in the way and start an obstacle avoidance procedure.   Although the other error(s) you seen are beyond me for any kinda explanation.
2017-6-1
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-6-1 12:29
Had issues with the new firmware also. Thought it was ok but turns out it's dog muck! Very disappointed.

What issues — the same as the OP?
2017-6-1
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-6-1 13:22
That's some gorgeous landscape there!

I know the sun has been known to cause the sensors to report false object in the way and start an obstacle avoidance procedure.   Although the other error(s) you seen are beyond me for any kinda explanation.

Yes good point it could have been the sun never thought of that, not sure about the other 2 weird errors they seem to be completely random
2017-6-1
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I get that a lot doing sunset photos. Seems to confuse the glare with an obstacle
2017-6-1
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PHL Posted at 2017-6-1 23:47
I get that a lot doing sunset photos. Seems to confuse the glare with an obstacle

Ok thanks for the info, the sun was getting slightly low and I was traveling towards it when this happened, scared the crap out of me when the controller alarm started going though I was about to hit something
2017-6-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Exib Posted at 2017-6-2 00:20
Ok thanks for the info, the sun was getting slightly low and I was traveling towards it when this happened, scared the crap out of me when the controller alarm started going though I was about to hit something

Yes, the other comments about this being caused by the sun are probably correct: the Mavic's obstacle avoidance (OA) being triggered by the sun is a known problem.

As far as the other two errors go, a compass error is most commonly -- but not always -- caused by taking off from a location where there's some sort of geomagnetic distortion (e.g., steel rebar in concrete). If you'd like to upload the DAT file from the flight using these instructions and provide a link to the file in DropBox then I or someone else can look at it and try to figure out why it occurred.

Wheel errors can happen when you're a little aggressive with using the wheel to change the pitch of the camera: I regularly get that one myself, and while mildly annoying it isn't really a problem: just adjust the pitch more slowly and it won't happen.
2017-6-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2017-6-1 13:27
What issues — the same as the OP?

Video link just goes black. Disconnects from controller and states high interference. Ended up having to return to home. Scared to fly it now.
2017-6-2
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for looking at the files, let me know if you have any other questions
Drop Box link -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/81qs8ehfcqoobxu/FLY058.DAT?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a7e91wx0frvnma/FLY059.DAT?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0pf4rgaktc4xim/FLY060.DAT?dl=0
2017-6-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Exib Posted at 2017-6-3 02:26
Drop Box link -

None of those three links works for me so you may want to try posting them again.
2017-6-3
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2017-6-3 02:26
Drop Box link -

I took a quick look at all three .DATs. All three showed spuriois frontDistance sensor data that occurred with a westerly heading. The filght times were 16:23, 16:42 and 16:51 local. Seems likely the frontDistance data was caused by the sun.

CsvView/Datcon doesn't know about wheel errors.

There were no indications of compass errors in any of the three flights. If you want to pursue this I suggest you replay the flights in the Go App and then provide the .txt for the flight that shows the compass error.
2017-6-3
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BudWalker Posted at 2017-6-3 05:07
I took a quick look at all three .DATs. All three showed spuriois frontDistance sensor data that occurred with a westerly heading. The filght times were 16:23, 16:42 and 16:51 local. Seems likely the frontDistance data was caused by the sun.

CsvView/Datcon doesn't know about wheel errors.

I think you are correct I was flying towards the sun many thanks for taking the time to look at the DAT files, thanks again buddy

Fly safe
2017-6-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It definitely has bugs and issues, hopefully DJI will be able to do a quick fix.  
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules