No Care or Care Refresh in New Zealand
2704 12 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Is there any particular reason there is no DJI Care or Care Refresh service available in New Zealand?  We have to use the Australia store and in Australia they get the Care service but not here.  When will the service be available here?  Anyone know?  Thanks.
2017-6-1
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Sorry I cant help you with that info but I'm here in NZ too and sent my Mavik back to the NZ supplier a week back and after telling me they have a service crew here in NZ they're now telling me it has to go to China...I'm not happy cos I bought it from here in NZ to try avoid freight/wait time etc overseas and now it seems that's what has to happen anyway
2017-6-13
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

BrentNZ Posted at 2017-6-13 21:03
Sorry I cant help you with that info but I'm here in NZ too and sent my Mavik back to the NZ supplier a week back and after telling me they have a service crew here in NZ they're now telling me it has to go to China...I'm not happy cos I bought it from here in NZ to try avoid freight/wait time etc overseas and now it seems that's what has to happen anyway

I got mine from Noel Leeming.  I'm not holding out for a different response to yours as it seems all the drones go back to China.
2017-6-14
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Yeah it took my supplier a MONTH to tell me that (ie they had mine sitting there doing NOTHING all that time!)
2017-6-27
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

We are out of luck here and Dji have NO CLUE where New Zealand is it seems!! I have a blurry right hand side image, contacted Dji who opened a case, BUT even though my Mavic was purchased from a NZ dealer... they told me I will have to send it to the service centre in Australia... BY HAND, NOT COURIER!!!! They clearly have no idea it's a 4 hour flight away! I will have to go through the NZ dealer I brought from - it's just so disturbing they offer such a lack of basic knowledge surrounding worldwide warranty claims. I have just decided to live with it, but certainly won't be recommending the Mavic to my thousands of Youtube subscribers!
2017-6-27
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I suspect the number of sales in NZ does not justify setting up a service centre there. May be an opening for some entrepreneur...

Have to say the Australian service centre in Melbourne seems decent compared to report from those in the US and EU.
2017-6-27
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Luckily in NZ we are protected by the consumer protection act.  The NZ dealer has to deal with it at their own cost or replace the product.  They know this but won't tell you this.  Just threaten them with court and see what happens.  This is why I'll only buy a product like the mavic here in NZ from a proper retailer, because I know the bad press isn't worth it for them and they will just replace it.

https://www.consumerprotection.g ... ducts-and-services/
2017-6-27
Use props
fans9de701b4
New
New Zealand

When will DJI Care be coming to New Zealand?
2018-12-17
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

en, maybe it is better to ask the dji service team.
2018-12-17
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Maybe dji could open a store in NZ's second largest city - Bondi! (just poking fun at our mates)

OK, it's an old thread and an old problem but I do hope that the Kiwi's get this resolved as it's a very cinematic country and a great place to visit
2018-12-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-6-27 15:12
We are out of luck here and Dji have NO CLUE where New Zealand is it seems!! I have a blurry right hand side image, contacted Dji who opened a case, BUT even though my Mavic was purchased from a NZ dealer... they told me I will have to send it to the service centre in Australia... BY HAND, NOT COURIER!!!! They clearly have no idea it's a 4 hour flight away! I will have to go through the NZ dealer I brought from - it's just so disturbing they offer such a lack of basic knowledge surrounding worldwide warranty claims. I have just decided to live with it, but certainly won't be recommending the Mavic to my thousands of Youtube subscribers!

Send it to Shenzhen for repair. Drop the service centre there a call. They'll do it. Parts have always been reasonable. Good luck
2018-12-18
Use props
Bitesteel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110151 ft
New Zealand

Mike-the-cat Posted at 12-18 03:30
Send it to Shenzhen for repair. Drop the service centre there a call. They'll do it. Parts have always been reasonable. Good luck

Where can you get parts from? Can they be ordered online? I don't mean extra blades...
2018-12-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bitesteel Posted at 12-25 15:44
Where can you get parts from? Can they be ordered online? I don't mean extra blades...

DJI has changed its service philosophy over the years. Previously, an advanced hobbyist could perform their own upgrades and repairs. At the present time, you can't get parts unless you are a distributor or someone who has cannibalised aircraft for parts.

This may be driven by product liability concerns.
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules