Mavic's Pause button: does it BLOCK the mavic?
3331 6 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

Hi,
Close crash today:

Today in Litchi I pressed the RC's pause button to exit waypoint mode and immediately the mavic was blocked in place: all I could do was rotate it, but I could not move it up/down, sideways or forwards... I could not even hit RTH. Until the battery reached critical level and it forced landed (at which point I could control it again, but it was pretty rough!).  

So.... is this normal behavior of the pause button? That it locks the Mavic? I did not think to repress the PAUSE button during the ordeal...

2017-6-1
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

When you hit pause in WP mode it just stops, hitting it again continues your mission. I haven't used litchi much but I would assume there is a way to cancel waypoint mode.
2017-6-1
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

To get out of Waypoint mode, toggle the Sport mode switch on the remote. Even if you don't use Sport mode, or even have it enabled, that switch will cancel out of a waypoint mission at any time.
2017-6-1
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

In Litchi when I hit the pause button on RC while in waypointI get a verbal message as well as on screen message that says mission ended, The quad hovers and I have full manual control. Same as switching into and out of sport mode. No option to resume mission, but def not frozen in place.

Very well could be settings in Litchi that determine behavior when pause is pushed

Important part to remember is not to panic, switch to sport and fly home
2017-6-1
Use props
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

OK: important finding! This is a bug in the SDK that will soon be fixed. So for any Litchi users here please read the below. This comes directly from the GREAT Litchi support (precise answers fast!):

You experienced an issue with the DJI development kit which has been fixed in the latest version but Litchi is not updated to it yet (it was very recently released).
Said bug is:
“State machine of Waypoint Mission Operator getting stuck: When user paused a mission while the
aircraft was close to and flying towards the last waypoint, the state of Waypoint Mission Operator
would get stuck in a paused state while the mission actually ended. This has been fixed.”

With that being said you could have easily regained control using the RC flight mode switch by switching to Sport mode (preferred way to stop an autonomous flight).
2017-6-1
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Thanks, will update and try later

2017-6-1
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

That is good to know and is exactly what I experienced. I was on the last leg of my mission and hit pause as it came up to a line of trees. It just stopped and I was unable to move it. I saw that I was clear so hit pause again and it continued on to the finish.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules