No android tablet compatible
15804 31 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asciiMO
New

Germany

Hello!

Is it really true: There is an official list of compatibilty to the Phantom 4 *... and there's just ONE android tablet on it  - and it is that old that you can't buy it any more. Can't be true!

* http://www.dji.com/de/phantom-4/info#downloads
(find the list of compatibilty in den middle of the page)
Is this really the LATEST list?

Cheers, Mo

2017-6-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch (which isn't on the list) and it works perfectly for me.
2017-6-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I don't know where you are looking, but this is the list shown for the P4:

Android: Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-6-2
Use props
fans02e1533b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57126 ft
Canada

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab E  and it works fine.
2017-6-3
Use props
fans7f421c5a
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Bought my Phantom 4 back in April, and straight out of the box it worked fine with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Latest Android version.
However, the firmware and App update at the beginning of May was a disaster, and for a few weeks I've had to fly the bird on my old Nexus 7 from 'way back.
Fortunately, the most recent App update this week has redressed the problem and I can use the Samsung tablet again.
Although the startup sequence is a bit fiddly.
This DJI Phantom 4  kit is awesome, but maybe the DJI Go 4 App could do with some refinement?
2017-6-3
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

DJI publishes a list of recommended devices on their web site.  --> http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#specs
2017-6-3
Use props
LfV
lvl.1

Germany

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-2 16:53
I don't know where you are looking, but this is the list shown for the P4:

Android: Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.

You don't know where I'm looking? There's a link in my first post... klick it and you'll get exaxtly the same list you posted. ;-)

And the question still is: Why is there only one officially compatible android tablet? (One you can't buy anymore )
2017-6-5
Use props
LfV
lvl.1

Germany

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-6-3 15:45
DJI publishes a list of recommended devices on their web site.  --> http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#specs

Once again: Exactly the same list as I posted...
2017-6-5
Use props
LfV
lvl.1

Germany

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-6-2 16:31
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch (which isn't on the list) and it works perfectly for me.

Then you better never update the DJI Go App!  I used to have a perfectly working tablet, too. But with the last update it's not compatible anymore and DJI support just says: Buy one of the compatible ones. Just great!

2017-6-6
Use props
LfV
lvl.1

Germany

Regarding your answers here I guess there is no other (newer) list and that means:
No android tablets are officially supported and garanteed to be compatible at this point of time.
I don't need to understand that, right?! There are way more android devices out there than ios devices.

Why I'm asking: I bought the Phantom 4 in a bundle (Store: Saturn) with a Huawei Media Tab 2, assuming that it is officially compatible. It worked just perfectly fine since I bought the package half a year ago. This ended with the 4.1.0 Version of the DJI Go App. No flying anymore since that. What started instead is my deep lack of understanding about certain decisions in the DJI headquarter.
2017-6-6
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

LfV Posted at 2017-6-6 00:03
Then you better never update the DJI Go App!  I used to have a perfectly working tablet, too. But with the last update it's not compatible anymore and DJI support just says: Buy one of the compatible ones. Just great!

Thank you very much for the heads up. I will be very disappointed if I cant use it anymore....Ive noticed I had to sign into my account again in DJIGo 4....all updates I have been putting off for a few weeks now....things been going good, don't wanna mess it up ha....Hopefully I am still good to go.
2017-6-6
Use props
fansc06c05ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410623 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-6-2 16:31

Also Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch with 6.0.1 here works great.
2017-6-6
Use props
LfV
lvl.1

Germany

For those of you with a "working fine" tablet that is not on the list: You are lucky! Try to stay lucky and never ever update anything, because the DJI support won't mind as long as your tablet is not one of the offically compatible ones. They just keep uttering hte same "solution": Buy one from the list!

Here is an excerpt from the dialog with the DJI support:

Support:
If you do not have one of the listed devices, then your issue my very well caused because of that reason. If you look at the list of devices you will see that the only Huawei that are compatible are:
Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max. If your mobile device is not one of these, I suggest to try one of the others. This list has been posted on numerous links from DJI from the beginning the DJI Go and DJI Go4 Apps were released. The app itself is running just fine. It is a compatibility issue in most cases like yours. I suggest to try one of the listed devices.

Me:
The hardware of our Huawei Tab did not change since we bought it, the DJI App just did, but you keep insisting that the tab is not compatible, although it worked fine for months? You do understand that we can not just pick any of the suggested devices from the next tree… we have to BUY one of those. And then?! Next year DJI changes the list of compatibility for any unpredictable reason and we have to buy another device again?!
But ok… let’s talk about the list of compatibility: Where are the supported android tablets? Only apple tablets are listed, right?! The Samsung Tab S705c is not available anymore – is that list really up to date? Do you have one with android tablets in it? We do not want to use a smartphone since their displays aren’t big enough.

Support:
The list of recommended devices are listed on the website and have been from the beginning the App was released. The fact that your Tablet worked before the update does not mean that it will work after any of the updates. The update may not be compatible with the device. If it is not on the list, there is no way for DJI to guarantee if it will work. The list that is on the website is the most up to date. There are no other recommended compatible device than what you see there. I suggest to try with one of the other listed devices to determine if your tablet is the problem before you have to send the entire drone in.

As you can see we are turning in circles. And because I did not like the DJI solution, I found my own: https://www.apk4fun.com/history/124732/
I reinstalled the DJI Go App Version 4.0.5 and can fly again.
2017-6-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I think GO is growing beyond what these tablets and phones can handle.  It's a really big app now, maybe too big, and approaching almost 1GB in size and some devices RAM capacity cannot handle it.

Might be time to port GO to a Surface Pro notebook or some notebook/laptop with a gamer's CPU and processor.  Only thing that may continue to work with GO as it keeps growing is the Apple iPad Pro 10" with the A10x processor and its RAM  as it borders on a laptop replacement.

Time for DJI to break apart GO 4 into smaller apps.  Get rid of the Editor, Social uploads, Music, Simulator, Purchase online store, Etc. and move those out of GO into their own apps or desktop computer apps to shrink it down to a workable size for phones and tablets.  It's just too big for it's own good now and more recommended devices in their list will soon fail I fear.

2017-7-1
Use props
JanF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1053865 ft
Norway

Do agree with you, there should be one app for flying and one app for the rest. But size of the app shouldn't be the issue here as long as DJI guarante that it works on all those old devices, Samsung NOTE3 was introduced almost 4 years ago!!
Point is that DJI don't guarante it will work with any Android tab possible to buy today and their standard answer to all problems are: Please use one of the devices listed below:.....

I went through the whole list and those on the list possible to buy now in Norway is: Iphone 6, Iphone 6s, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular,  Samsung S7 and Samsung S7 edge. 1 more year and most of those are impossible to buy as well.

2017-7-10
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I use my Samsung Galaxy S8 and i've never had an issue with it, though I use my iPad Mini 4 more often than not. I think the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is meant to work pretty well also. The NVIDIA Shield K 1 is meant to be good, although it isn't very bright and they're also pretty expensive now as well as they've stopped being made. There's a list here as well if anyone's interested.
2017-9-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-1 06:36
I think GO is growing beyond what these tablets and phones can handle.  It's a really big app now, maybe too big, and approaching almost 1GB in size and some devices RAM capacity cannot handle it.

Might be time to port GO to a Surface Pro notebook or some notebook/laptop with a gamer's CPU and processor.  Only thing that may continue to work with GO as it keeps growing is the Apple iPad Pro 10" with the A10x processor and its RAM  as it borders on a laptop replacement.

Or, buy litchi and go fly.....
2017-9-25
Use props
fans834cf028
New

Australia

Has any used the huawei gr5 with the phantom 4 hubby just wanting to know if it would work if he bought that phone please.
2017-10-1
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
Netherlands

Huawei MediaTab 2 - 10".

1080p resolution - and works fine with DJI GO 4 app.

App has crashed / frozen once in the 4 months I've had it.

I hit RTH, and drone returned with no problems, and I over-rode the controls when 20 ft off ground, and manually landed to hand catch.

For £180 - I'd recommend it.
2017-10-1
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

My Samsung Galaxy S8 works fine no issues! You can also check out this list for some other options (android & apple) - http://www.droneriot.com/best-dji-go-compatible-tablets/
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_wjvRypQ7qBwP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315997 ft
United States

Best samsung tablet to get please I need help,my mavic pro into the sky
2018-3-5
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... go-updated-daily.18

2018-3-5
Use props
KevinJD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39012 ft
Australia

I've used a Samsung Galaxy TAB A 9.7" - Android v5.0.2 since August 2016 with out trouble.
2018-3-6
Use props
Robby106
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66617 ft
Panama

KevinJD Posted at 2018-3-6 17:43
I've used a Samsung Galaxy TAB A 9.7" - Android v5.0.2 since August 2016 with out trouble.

For those having problems connecting using your Galaxy S2 tablet and DJI GO 4, here is the description of the problem from Samsung and the solution.

2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RE tab S2, go in to apps and remove DJI Go as the default app, you need it to popup every time you connect the RC to the tablet, also enable developer mode and then tick USB debugging. Also remove any apps not used any that cannot be uninstalled, disable them, there are a good few that comes bundled so get or or disable.
2018-3-8
Use props
Robby106
lvl.2
Panama

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-8 21:51
RE tab S2, go in to apps and remove DJI Go as the default app, you need it to popup every time you connect the RC to the tablet, also enable developer mode and then tick USB debugging. Also remove any apps not used any that cannot be uninstalled, disable them, there are a good few that comes bundled so get or or disable.

All apps uninstalled or disabled. Googled to find out how to get into developer mode. Using DJI go 4 v4.2 6, controller v 1.9.3, Phantom 4 A/C v02.00.0700. Everything works perfectly with my LG G4 smart phone on android. S2 will not connect. I have tried many reboots. Many cables. No joy.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

have you disabled DJI go 4 as the default app? does the popup show when you connect the rc to the tab?
2018-3-9
Use props
Robby106
lvl.2
Panama

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-9 21:09
have you disabled DJI go 4 as the default app? does the popup show when you connect the rc to the tab?

None set as default.
2018-3-10
Use props
Robby106
lvl.2
Panama

Nothing happens. I just hear a bee boop when I connect the cable.
2018-3-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Robby106 Posted at 2018-3-10 19:19
Nothing happens. I just hear a bee boop when I connect the cable.

This is the sure-fire workaround for the Galaxy Tab S2

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1245256

But it has to be done each time you boot up.
And don't forget to reset defaults for DJI Go and/or Litchi to NONE set as default before rebooting.

2018-3-10
Use props
Robby106
lvl.2
Panama

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-3-10 23:52
This is the sure-fire workaround for the Galaxy Tab S2

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139562&page=1&extra=#pid1245256

I cannot agree with the sure-fire part.

Still no connection. I also have a second R/C unit and have the same problem.

I just had a short flight using my android LG phone. It was spectacular but hard to see with my old eyes and bright sun here in Panama.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules