Flight distance : 1223025 ft
Netherlands

2017-6-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

What specifically are your concerns about the quality of the video? Offhand the focus looks pretty poor, but have you tried changing the focus? And are you using any filters?
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

Yes, i use Nd 16 in this video. Still trying to get better video quality by changing the iso and shutter
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

Focus i do manually
2017-6-1
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

ok if i use a filter normaly nd 16 in sunlight this is my manual settings, iso 100 style +1 -1 +1 4k or 2k at 30fps but after some testing i find 2 k to be the best all round res,and i turn on auto white balance but that is just a matter of tast, had good results with it on, oh and i film in d cinelike as i dont like d log as i have to work to hard with it, , if using premere pro for editing make sure frame blending is on.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

bomberuk Posted at 2017-6-1 12:15
ok if i use a filter normaly nd 16 in sunlight this is my manual settings, iso 100 style +1 -1 +1 4k or 2k at 30fps but after some testing i find 2 k to be the best all round res,and i turn on auto white balance but that is just a matter of tast, had good results with it on, oh and i film in d cinelike as i dont like d log as i have to work to hard with it, , if using premere pro for editing make sure frame blending is on.

Thanks for the info, will try it all
2017-6-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Problem I find with most of the video clips is music. Monotonous irritating tunes distract from the content.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-6-1 12:33
Problem I find with most of the video clips is music. Monotonous irritating tunes distract from the content.

Very true, but the question was filming tips

Next thing will be music ;)
2017-6-1
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

I found you best shots are also the simplest ones: slow, straight moves along one direction. It is extremely hard to get a smooth and nice result when combining complex movements, so my recommendation is "keep it simple". I find that the results are often bad when panning with the Mavic, probably because the gain is way too high on the yaw axis by default. I do avoid this or I use tripod mode instead. I would also try avoiding to change the gimbal rotation speed during your shots; again I found it requires a lot of practice to get that smooth gimbal movement. You can change the settings that drive the sensitivity of the gimbal wheel, that helps.
I'm far from being an expert myself, so that's just my 2 cents.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI Sjoerd
lvl.2
Netherlands

2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules