Android to iOS: how to do and what are the dfifferences?
974 9 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153947 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I changed form Android to iOS.

What do I have to do to have my Mavic Pro connected to the iOS-version of DJI Go?
Which QR code do I have to scan? Every attempt results in a failed...
What about the offline maps? On Android I downloaded 2 countries, but in the iOS-version I don't find this feature...
What about the name of my device? Does this still exists on iOS?

I noticed that quite some options are listed in a different order or some other place...

I was able to sync the flightrecords, but what about the settings?

Hoping some of you can help me...
2017-6-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

QR code is in the battery compartment.
2017-6-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

iOS uses a different mapping system than Android, you can cache a location by manually going to that location in your map view. I find I never use the map and I thought I really would.

I assume the Mavic name is stored in your Mavic.

And yes, many of the preferences have different names on iOS, and some of the help text differs as well. I don't know if anyone is maintaining a list of platform differences, myself, I think most if not all of feature disparity has been resolved in later app updates? Hopefully some other switchers will weigh-in with their experiences. Good luck!

2017-6-1
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You will need to go through all the settings and set them up again as they do not sync.
2017-6-1
Use props
Joly
lvl.2
Belgium

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-1 22:06
You will need to go through all the settings and set them up again as they do not sync.

And how do I do that?
I logged in using my login I created on Android...
2017-6-2
Use props
Joly
lvl.2
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-1 15:16
QR code is in the battery compartment.

Scanning this QR-code gives also a fail-message.
Is it because it's already activated via Android?
2017-6-2
Use props
Joly
lvl.2
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-1 15:20
iOS uses a different mapping system than Android, you can cache a location by manually going to that location in your map view. I find I never use the map and I thought I really would.

I assume the Mavic name is stored in your Mavic.

Since this is the my first iOS-device and it's a WiFi-model, how do I proceed to cache for example Iceland?
2017-6-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Joly Posted at 2017-6-2 12:39
Since this is the my first iOS-device and it's a WiFi-model, how do I proceed to cache for example Iceland?

As far as I know there's no facility for caching an entire country's map data in iOS.

What you have to do is open the DJI Go 4 app while you have a wifi connection, tap on the map to go full-screen, and then navigate to the location you want to fly in. Then, assuming you've enabled background caching in your general prefs, the app should display the map while flying in that location.

Alternately, you could share your data connection from your Android phone as a local hotspot if that's something your phone and service supports.

2017-6-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Joly Posted at 2017-6-2 12:37
Scanning this QR-code gives also a fail-message.
Is it because it's already activated via Android?

Maybe? Can you connect to the AC? Maybe you only need the QR code the first time to pair your RC to the AC?
2017-6-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Joly Posted at 2017-6-2 02:48
And how do I do that?
I logged in using my login I created on Android...

You need to turn on the RC, Mavic and open the DJI GO 4 app and then go through the settings and check that they are as you want them. To get to the settings, tap on the 3 dots on the top right hand corner. Do the same as what you did on your android device.
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules