Landing Gear issues
2787 25 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

Hi,

I am having some issues with left landing gear. When on ground and at home I test, they stayed up nicely. When flying and I pull them up, the left one stays up just like 5 secs and then drops down. Then when I switch down, it goes up and then back down.

Any ideas why it works at home when not armed, and when flying not.

Thank you for the support once again!

2017-6-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had about 6 different issues with the left landing gear....I've Sent the modules in on RMA's and still have had problems...sometimes the left one doesn't go up at all, others will go up, pause then go up a little more which aren't even with the right one...another was a bad servo...so all I can say is make sure you do the landing gear sync...then after that you might try to get just the servo...otherwise the left module is $350 and change...I will say that there must have been a change about 2 years ago because the 900 and the 1000 are suppose to be the same module but I was able to get a 1000 module, which is a little older, and it worked fine...so good luck on this....how did this start happening? Was it a crash?
2017-6-1
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-1 15:53
I have had about 6 different issues with the left landing gear....I've Sent the modules in on RMA's and still have had problems...sometimes the left one doesn't go up at all, others will go up, pause then go up a little more which aren't even with the right one...another was a bad servo...so all I can say is make sure you do the landing gear sync...then after that you might try to get just the servo...otherwise the left module is $350 and change...I will say that there must have been a change about 2 years ago because the 900 and the 1000 are suppose to be the same module but I was able to get a 1000 module, which is a little older, and it worked fine...so good luck on this....how did this start happening? Was it a crash?

HI Dennis!

I think it has been like this when bought. I got it as used, but this guy said that he didnt have this problem. When I test it home it's fine, but when flying not. So when got it home and tested first time it seemed fine, and first flights I did gears down. But I will try calibration, let's see . Thanks for help!

-Madis
2017-6-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansdb0d1578 Posted at 2017-6-4 21:16
HI Dennis!

I think it has been like this when bought. I got it as used, but this guy said that he didnt have this problem. When I test it home it's fine, but when flying not. So when got it home and tested first time it seemed fine, and first flights I did gears down. But I will try calibration, let's see . Thanks for help!

Is this on a 1000 + ? I'm asking because Ive seen a bad circuit on the board where you plug the servo into and then the wire that comes out the other side to plug into the left landing gear assembly. To check it out you can run an extension servo cable which instead of plugging into the board, you just plug the servo cable into the extension...then plug the extension into the "LFT" on the gear assemply...(your bypassing plugging into the frame and you need the extension because the cable from the servo wont reach) If the bird has had a hard landing or crash it may have an affect on the circuitry. Try that if your sync didnt work
2017-6-5
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-5 14:42
Is this on a 1000 + ? I'm asking because Ive seen a bad circuit on the board where you plug the servo into and then the wire that comes out the other side to plug into the left landing gear assembly. To check it out you can run an extension servo cable which instead of plugging into the board, you just plug the servo cable into the extension...then plug the extension into the "LFT" on the gear assemply...(your bypassing plugging into the frame and you need the extension because the cable from the servo wont reach) If the bird has had a hard landing or crash it may have an affect on the circuitry. Try that if your sync didnt work

it's S1000 premium So i Guess not +. But it goes through body (one of the legs). Is that only S1000 feature? Still havent got it calibrated. Need two persons for it. Try to do it tomorrow.

2017-6-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansdb0d1578 Posted at 2017-6-8 13:18
it's S1000 premium So i Guess not +. But it goes through body (one of the legs). Is that only S1000 feature? Still havent got it calibrated. Need two persons for it. Try to do it tomorrow.

Does the left servo plug directly into the "Lft" plug on the gear assembly? Or does it plug underneath on the lower plate?
2017-6-8
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-8 17:30
Does the left servo plug directly into the "Lft" plug on the gear assembly? Or does it plug underneath on the lower plate?

Underneath the plate, and then comes out again on the otherside of the leg (underneath the plate)
2017-6-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansdb0d1578 Posted at 2017-6-8 22:04
Underneath the plate, and then comes out again on the otherside of the leg (underneath the plate)

So..if the sync procedure doesn't work then go to a hobby store and get a servo cable extension. Unplug from the underneath and plug into the extension...then unplug on the other side that goes into the Lft on the module...plug the other end of the extension into the Lft on the module. All your doing is just seeing if there isn't a problem with the circuit in the plate..I've seen that happen before especially if it's had a hard landing or crash. If you're still having problems then I'm afraid your gonna have to shell out $350 + for that Left gear module....but you might go to DJI 1000 owners group on Facebook and see if anyone has an extra....hope it works out without having to pay a bunch
2017-6-9
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-9 19:17
So..if the sync procedure doesn't work then go to a hobby store and get a servo cable extension. Unplug from the underneath and plug into the extension...then unplug on the other side that goes into the Lft on the module...plug the other end of the extension into the Lft on the module. All your doing is just seeing if there isn't a problem with the circuit in the plate..I've seen that happen before especially if it's had a hard landing or crash. If you're still having problems then I'm afraid your gonna have to shell out $350 + for that Left gear module....but you might go to DJI 1000 owners group on Facebook and see if anyone has an extra....hope it works out without having to pay a bunch

OK, so I tried the calibration. It blinks yellow then just turned green. But the legs didnt move during calibration (i understod they should go up and down?) I took the servo off multiple times, and same thing. Sometimes it just gives solid yellow (error). Like now.  
I also bypassed the board with longer cable, but same thing, doesnt seem to have an effect. However didnt try in the air. Just anything with it doesnt make any sense. Moved a little the servo then it moved during calibration just a bit, but didnt move completely up. Now gives just yellow. after calibration.

2017-6-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansdb0d1578 Posted at 2017-6-11 03:58
OK, so I tried the calibration. It blinks yellow then just turned green. But the legs didnt move during calibration (i understod they should go up and down?) I took the servo off multiple times, and same thing. Sometimes it just gives solid yellow (error). Like now.  
I also bypassed the board with longer cable, but same thing, doesnt seem to have an effect. However didnt try in the air. Just anything with it doesnt make any sense. Moved a little the servo then it moved during calibration just a bit, but didnt move completely up. Now gives just yellow. after calibration.

During calibration the legs don't move much..they move just a little so don't worry about them going up and down..If they move just  an inch or two, one at a time that's what to expect. If you get a solid Green after calibration then you should be good. If the gear doesn't come up fully in the air then I'd suspect the servo....but it could be the assembly too...That's the problem, you buy a servo and it still does the same thing then you need the assembly...but you can't get the assembly without the servo...catch 22
2017-6-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It's too bad you live in Finland..I travel a lot but not to your neck of the woods...It would be easier if I could help on site....
2017-6-11
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-11 12:22
It's too bad you live in Finland..I travel a lot but not to your neck of the woods...It would be easier if I could help on site....

yeah, no Can do. I got them working quite well now. But when they come down, then in the end one of them drops down..
2017-8-28
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Mine is doing almost the same as yours. After calibrating the gear, the led turns solid green, and the gears works up and down, when i switch the gear stick on my Futaba (drone suspendet in a rope, and inteligent off). But in the start when I power on the drone, the gear folds up (collapses) causing gimbal and kamera to be damages... Can't understand why it collapses...
2017-8-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-8-29 13:42
Mine is doing almost the same as yours. After calibrating the gear, the led turns solid green, and the gears works up and down, when i switch the gear stick on my Futaba (drone suspendet in a rope, and inteligent off). But in the start when I power on the drone, the gear folds up (collapses) causing gimbal and kamera to be damages... Can't understand why it collapses...

You might have the gear switch reversed (on your radio)....if it folds up when you have weight on it I pretty much bet you do
2017-8-29
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

I have now made a video for you. The settings was Intellegent landinggear ON, but it’s the same when it’s OFF.
The gear input on the A3 is in F1.

Password: gear

Main problem. It collapses when power on, and it comes down fast the last bit…

I tried to reverse the switch on the remote, but it does the same.
2017-8-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-8-30 02:12
I have now made a video for you. The settings was Intellegent landinggear ON, but it’s the same when it’s OFF.

needs a password
2017-8-30
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

It's right under the video window ;-) The password is "gear"
2017-8-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-8-30 07:33
It's right under the video window ;-) The password is "gear"

Of course the password is there...if I was smart enough to look ..duh....anyway, great video..definitely shows the abonormal process...I've had several landing gear problems with the 1000 and 900's but not what you are experiencing....i wish I could be of more help but I think I'll let the folks from DJI speak to possibilities....DJI Thor?
2017-8-30
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi

I wrote to Matjaz from Kopterworx, and he uses this landing gear a lot on his Hammer drones, and he immediately recognized both errors. He said that I should calibrate without springs mounted. I did so and both errors are now gone, and landing gear does exactly what it should do now :-)
2017-8-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-8-30 23:59
Hi

I wrote to Matjaz from Kopterworx, and he uses this landing gear a lot on his Hammer drones, and he immediately recognized both errors. He said that I should calibrate without springs mounted. I did so and both errors are now gone, and landing gear does exactly what it should do now :-)

Glad to hear...
2017-8-31
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

However, I can not on any forums or manuals, find that it should be calibrate without the springs connected.
2017-9-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-9-1 15:05
However, I can not on any forums or manuals, find that it should be calibrate without the springs connected.

You are correct....but I don't know what you're suppose to do with yours...I guess if it works that way then go forth and fly!
2017-9-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-9-1 15:05

Actually..I was just looking at your video again....I can't tell for sure but your springs look a little extended.. so I checked 3 of my 1000's and from the top to the bottom, when extended (landing gear down) are 6 1/4 inches..one is just a tad longer but only about eighth of an inch...just passing this along
2017-9-1
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

I just meassure the spring/wire, and one was 160mm and the other was 155mm (6 1/4 inches=158mm) so coincidentally I was wery close to your meassurement :-)
2017-9-2
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-8-30 02:12

Great Video. Sorry I've been little inactive! And great to hear that you figured it out and shared the info here as well! I don't get it either why they dont tell to take springs off when calibrating in manuals or videos! Mine is working quite alright now, I just calibrated (didnt help) but then opened it and changed a gear a little, that screwed it up more, then I put back to previous position again and got it working somehow a bit better. Now when letting the gear down it kind of drops the last part for one leg. Let's say around where yours get stuck, mine for one leg kind of drops in the end to the down position.

Is your copter working well now and flying?
2018-3-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

I took the servo out and plugged the battery in....the shaft on the servo sort of reset itself..then I lifted gear up and down and watched the shaft move...then I plugged the servo back into the landing gear module...note I unplugged both servos so you’ll have to have the body supported so as not to fall down....after I plugged back in to the module and hooked the springs back up it seemed to be much better...not perfect but I was able to get the green when I calibrated....hope this suggestion might help
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules