Flytrex Core 2 and Dashware overlay
2959 15 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Testing off of HWY 32 just outside of Chico, CA. I was having a hard time telling what my heading was, so I was turning, stopping and moving very slow.  I then use homelock, to bring it back so I could get a better view as to my heading. This is why you will see me flying backward.

This is a long video, as I was just doing testing:

I like to FlyTrex Core 2, I only wish I could turn it off and on, as needed, because start collecting data as soon as you turn it on. So you will have anywhere from 1 to 3 min. of data of your pre-flight information, but I also think this could be goos as well.

Next time I will start the recording of the video durning pre-flight to see what it looks like, because the Flyrex is already recording. I think I will turn on the video durning pre-flight.

2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Just got my flytrex this afternoon.  Heathcliff will be under going emergency surgery later tonight to hook it up for test flight tomorrow I hope.
2015-3-11
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-12 03:19
Just got my flytrex this afternoon.  Heathcliff will be under going emergency surgery later tonight  ...

Sounds great.. It should only take about 5 min or less.
2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-3-12 04:53
Sounds great.. It should only take about 5 min or less.

Well, Heathcliff survived the surgery and now resting comfortably.  Going to get him up in the air tomorrow and put him through the paces.
2015-3-11
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

I'll have what he's got!!!

Wow I love it!!

I have a Phantom 2 with H3 3D Gimble with Hero 3 and no FPV yet. Do you know what I need to get?

Regards

Guy
2015-3-11
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-12 03:19
Just got my flytrex this afternoon.  Heathcliff will be under going emergency surgery later tonight  ...

I have just sent FlyTrex an email asking them if they intend including the number of satellites present in the future.

This would clinch it for me.

I need to find out what FPV to get to go with it.

Regards

Guy
2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-12 10:22
I have just sent FlyTrex an email asking them if they intend including the number of satellites pr ...

I'm just using my normal tablet.   I don't think I'll actually see it when I'm flying, but when I download the video, I can download the data file and combine them as an over lay on the video.

http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/
2015-3-11
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-12 10:45
I'm just using my normal tablet.   I don't think I'll actually see it when I'm flying, but when I  ...

Got it. If I want it all I have to get both isod and FlyTrex.....Poop!

Regards

Guy
2015-3-11
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Guy Posted at 2015-3-12 10:22
I have just sent FlyTrex an email asking them if they intend including the number of satellites pr ...

in the Flytrex Core 2 data, it has the number of sat, as it is connected to the drone GPS
2015-3-12
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-3-13 01:22
in the Flytrex Core 2 data, it has the number of sat, as it is connected to the drone GPS

Surgery went well last night.  Flytrex is in and functioning.  Now I'm just waiting for the wind to calm down so I can get him out and flying for a little exercise. So I'm headed to the diner for some coffee and see whether they threaten to throw me out, or let me stay.    
2015-3-12
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-13 03:13
Surgery went well last night.  Flytrex is in and functioning.  Now I'm just waiting for the wind t ...

I am happy to hear that, I was just out and was going to fly, but the wind is a little to much at this time so I will have to wait.   It's just windy all over the place today
2015-3-12
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-3-13 04:19
I am happy to hear that, I was just out and was going to fly, but the wind is a little to much at  ...

It's not really windy, it's just the Earth spinning to fast today.
2015-3-12
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-13 04:45
It's not really windy, it's just the Earth spinning to fast today.

It was windy here in Chico, CA so I hope today I can get to go out and fly.
2015-3-13
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-3-13 23:21
It was windy here in Chico, CA so I hope today I can get to go out and fly.

Where does the flytrex put the data file when it flies?
2015-3-13
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-13 23:38
Where does the flytrex put the data file when it flies?

If you have a sim in it, it will put it on the sim. As I understand if you fly it with out a sim card it in, it will hold it in memory.  Here is the information I got from their site:

8. Flying Without microSD

The Core 2 adds a new internal memory chip that records your flight data at all times, whether a microSD is currently plugged or not. Using the new internal memory the Core 2 introduces new mode of operation without a microSD. This ensures that your flight data is always available - even if you forgot your microSD, or, during extreme flying when the microSD recording isn't always optional.

To copy flights from Flytrex memory:

Using your PC, add an empty text file named "backup.txt" to the microSD root folder.
    Plug the microSD to Flytrex and powerup your multirotor so that Flytrex will receive power.
    When the Core 2 recognizes this file it starts-up in Backup Mode. In Backup Mode it copies all missions from the memory to the microSD. During this process the LED will flash. This can take up to 2-3 minutes, depending how many new missions are stored on the memory.
    When done, the LED will stop flashing completely.

Once done, you will find all mission files that were loaded from the memory waiting on the microSD. Unlike regular mission files, those loaded from the internal memory start with the letter 'B'.

Notice that when starting Flytrex in Backup Mode the system won't record the current mission at all - not to the microSD nor to the memory. You will need to pull out the microSD and remove the 'backup.txt' file to start recording new flights on next power-up cycle, or, power-cycle Flytrex without a microSD to start recording to the internal memory again.

Here is the site I got the infromation from:
http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/

2015-3-15
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-12 10:45
I'm just using my normal tablet.   I don't think I'll actually see it when I'm flying, but when I  ...

Gerry, you'll have to upload the FlyTrex Core 2 flight data to their website first before you can use the data. The file is encrypted/compressed. After it is uploaded you can then download the data as either a CSV file of a KML file (or both) that you can use with Google maps, Google Earth, Excel or Dashware.

I have not found a way to use the raw file on the MicroSD card yet. I have ask FlyTrex if they plan to having a stand alone file utility that would allow the user to access the data file without have to upload it first, and currently the answer is no.
You also will not see any data real-time with the Flytrex Core2
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules