Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TB47 Batteries won't charge? are they bricked??
12Next >
6493 40 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

so i have two TB47 batts that when i push the button both have a single light flash (furthest from the button). both when doing the button push then push and hold to turn on, will turn on and just the single light flashes, when off and i push and hold the button to test the cells all four lights light up. now the odd thing is when i put them on my hub i get the solid green light on hub which states batt fully charged, but one of them the top light closest to the button just flashes, on the other the bottom most light just flashes ans contiues to flash even after being removed from the hub. anyone have any ideas??
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The second press is supposed to occur while the LEDs from the first press are still lit.
2017-6-1
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-1 21:21
The second press is supposed to occur while the LEDs from the first press are still lit.

and this helps how? i know how to turn on and off the batts
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-1 22:17
and this helps how? i know how to turn on and off the batts

I'm sorry, I may have read the issue a little too quickly. Could you clarify how many times the LED on the far end will blink per second? It sounds like it's emmiting a temperature warning, but can't tell which end of the spectrum it is for certain. When you try to turn it on, is it while connected to the aircraft or on its own?
2017-6-2
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 11:49
I'm sorry, I may have read the issue a little too quickly. Could you clarify how many times the LED on the far end will blink per second? It sounds like it's emmiting a temperature warning, but can't tell which end of the spectrum it is for certain. When you try to turn it on, is it while connected to the aircraft or on its own?

im not sure how many flashes per sec. i can post a video mon to show, and when i try to turn on while in the aircraft the aircraft tries to startup but then shuts off and does nothing. turning on whiles outside the aircraft they just blink. but ill post video showing everything to better get help on my issue
2017-6-2
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I have this experience before with TB48. One of your cells has a large differential voltage with the rest and hence you do have the voltage to start AC. Yet, you cant charge it since all the other cells are full and prevent the battery as a whole taking up more charge. The intelligent part of the battery should detect this and only charge the cell with lower voltage. Regrettably, it is not intelligent enough to do that. The circuitry does not balance the cells when it is charging. As contrast with other stand alone lipo charger which offers far better balance charging, storage charging and discharging.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-2 23:27
im not sure how many flashes per sec. i can post a video mon to show, and when i try to turn on while in the aircraft the aircraft tries to startup but then shuts off and does nothing. turning on whiles outside the aircraft they just blink. but ill post video showing everything to better get help on my issue

Whenever you have the chance would be appreciated. Hopefully it's not what DTK provided in post #6, but that could be a possibility as well. Do you see any sort of swelling or indentation in the LiPo itself, or have it feel malleable in any way?
2017-6-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

If your battery is still under warranty, you should return to retailer immediately. There is a 6 month period. Otherwise you want to save the battery and help the environment, you can look up links to savage a broken cell.
2017-6-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-5 12:07
Whenever you have the chance would be appreciated. Hopefully it's not what DTK provided in post #6, but that could be a possibility as well. Do you see any sort of swelling or indentation in the LiPo itself, or have it feel malleable in any way?

they look mint, no dents, dings, or swelling
2017-6-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2017-6-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

you can see towards the end, the one battery makes the rear landing legs flash yellow, and the taillight flashes a purple real quick. i didnt hook them to the charger but i can if itll help. but like stated before one the lower first light just flashes, while the other the upper last light just flashes
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-5 18:50
they look mint, no dents, dings, or swelling

Are you able to provide a short video of how it's behaving?
2017-6-5
Use props
slycat21
New
Flight distance : 620 ft

United States

There are a few videos on YouTube that explain how to "jump start" a bricked battery using a multi-meter and a few alligator clamp wires. I know it works because I just did it with two batteries. You should ensure that your batteries are not bloated from over-discharge and still healthy before attempting anything. My best wishes to you.
2017-6-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-5 19:40
Are you able to provide a short video of how it's behaving?

video posted above. comment #10
2017-6-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

slycat21 Posted at 2017-6-5 20:18
There are a few videos on YouTube that explain how to "jump start" a bricked battery using a multi-meter and a few alligator clamp wires. I know it works because I just did it with two batteries. You should ensure that your batteries are not bloated from over-discharge and still healthy before attempting anything. My best wishes to you.

yea all though videos though the battery doesnt turn on . mine turn on but do not charge, when plugged in
2017-6-5
Use props
slycat21
New
Flight distance : 620 ft

United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-5 21:06
yea all though videos though the battery doesnt turn on . mine turn on but do not charge, when plugged in

Most likely the solution is the same. The boards inside are not programmed to overcome some charging issues. One of my batteries also would turn on, but it did not charge. The force-charge method worked.
2017-6-5
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Don't jumpstart you battery. Even when it's work a cell can be damaged and your AC can be severe damaged.
Only with a special charger with balancing option a battery can be charged, without using the DJI charger. But when one or more cells are damaged or not responding, the battery should not be used in an AC!
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-5 21:05
video posted above. comment #10

Sorry, I missed it. It could be an issue with the cells or just the batteries circuit board. The latter would be likely. Have you contacted Support about getting them replaced? Did you notice this after updating firmware, a hard landing or anything to that effect?
2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Agreed. Jump starting your AC with broken battery will not help with the issue. Your battery will still not be able to be balanced/fixed either by way of charging or discharging. Send it back for waranty claim is your best bet.
2017-6-6
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 09:58
Sorry, I missed it. It could be an issue with the cells or just the batteries circuit board. The latter would be likely. Have you contacted Support about getting them replaced? Did you notice this after updating firmware, a hard landing or anything to that effect?

actually bought them used for cheap. guess now i know why they were cheap
2017-6-7
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

How cheap? Half the price? If you are a handy man and like to get your hands dirty. You still can savage it by pop the top open and charge the cell manually. It is your last avenue.
2017-6-8
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-8 14:51
How cheap? Half the price? If you are a handy man and like to get your hands dirty. You still can savage it by pop the top open and charge the cell manually. It is your last avenue.

was $80 for the pair
2017-6-8
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

You were really taking a big risk. I have bought tb48 from local dealer in Australia at 10% discount. After checking the manufacturing date, it is already close to 12 months. The charge capacity is dropping every time after recharging. So it was discounted for that reason.
2017-6-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you can try to increase the battery voltage using the following tips. Please be careful using these ideas, but you do not have a completely dead set of batteries. So adding some charge to these should not take more than about 5-10 minutes. Once all the cells start to come up after force feeding the battery, you can just put the standard charge connection back together and charge it normally.

Take your time and watch what you are doing, these batteries pack a lot of power .
Rich

http://droneownersnetwork.com/ho ... ed-dji-battery-new/

2017-6-11
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

http://www.pauljc.co.uk/2017/01/ ... ne-battery-revival/

This link is a more elaborate look at fixing broken cells. But please do not attempt if you are not confident with electronics and electricity.
2017-6-12
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-12 15:14
http://www.pauljc.co.uk/2017/01/18/dji-inspire-one-battery-revival/

This link is a more elaborate look at fixing broken cells. But please do not attempt if you are not confident with electronics and electricity.

So i tried the first video on one and my meter shows a solid 22.2v but when turning the battery on the first light is solid and the second flashes. And upon just hooking straight to the charger i get the same as before the last ligbt just flashes
2017-6-12
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And this comes from the second battery which actually turns the ac on
Screenshot_20170612-210452.png
2017-6-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

In your case, you need to discharge cell 1 and bring the voltage in line with the other cell. At the end of your exercise, all the cell should have a voltage range at best within 0.01 volt.
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-12 20:04
And this comes from the second battery which actually turns the ac on

Wow, that battery is really out of balance!  You are going to need to get cell 1 back down with the others and if you follow the information from Pauljc link above in post 25  you will need to charge all of the other cells (one at a time) to get them in balance. It will take some time to get it right, if you have the experience working with Li-Po batteries

This is a cheap discharger that could help you, but the battery is SO far out of balance cannot confirm it will help.  (I have one of these) use it carefully and charge my iPad when connected to one of my TB 47 packs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Ba ... :g:s4wAAOSwKtlWlNDy

Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I really can't understand how this little device works. How does it plug into the battery?
2017-6-12
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

think ill just sell them or dispose of them safely. dont want to crash my AC over this battery issues
2017-6-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Please do not do evil. Dispose of them wisely and don't pass them down to create more drama.
2017-6-13
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-13 14:01
Please do not do evil. Dispose of them wisely and don't pass them down to create more drama.

if i sell i will disclose the issue and maybe someone with more time and knowledge to fix them
2017-6-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-12 21:34

I really can't understand how this little device works. How does it plug into the battery?

Sorry, I missed your question.... You need to hit the reply on the message so people know you have commented to the post.
The discharger device has a load side and a supply side. The battery connects using the supplied adaptor (on the right side) and then you can either connect a device (iPad or phone) to the USB plug on the left side or put the resisters instead.  It is pretty simple to use, the LEDs on the discharger will tell you feedback on the battery level as it is draining down.   Again this is only for those that do not fly the batteries down normally and can take awhile if the battery is fully charged.

Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-6-13 18:17
if i sell i will disclose the issue and maybe someone with more time and knowledge to fix them

Sorry you have had a bad experience. The risk might be more than what you are willing to accept in this case. Someone with more Li-Po battery experience could maybe salvage these battery packs.  Even then, there is no guarantee that they will balance out and work correctly again.

Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

It is now just after 6 weeks since I savaged my battery. The DJI go app is showing more than 0.1 voltage difference from one of the cells again. After taken the top off and measure the voltage of each individual cell, the voltage of the cells seem to be with only 0.01 voltage difference. I suspect that the circuit board may be at fault for not showing correct voltage. So it is back for more tinkering.
2017-6-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-14 12:00
It is now just after 6 weeks since I savaged my battery. The DJI go app is showing more than 0.1 voltage difference from one of the cells again. After taken the top off and measure the voltage of each individual cell, the voltage of the cells seem to be with only 0.01 voltage difference. I suspect that the circuit board may be at fault for not showing correct voltage. So it is back for more tinkering.

make me an offer lol i take paypal. you can tinker with my two
2017-6-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

They will be too heavy to send to Australia.
2017-6-15
Use props
stupudmunkee
New
Flight distance : 14895 ft
United States

https://pauljcblog.wordpress.com ... ne-battery-revival/

The link posted earlier is no longer valid due to the domain being unregistered. Only kicking a dead thread to provide info for others pursuing this issue.

2018-4-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

stupudmunkee Posted at 2018-4-22 05:55
https://pauljcblog.wordpress.com ... ne-battery-revival/

The link posted earlier is no longer valid due to the domain being unregistered. Only kicking a dead thread to provide info for others pursuing this issue.

Wow this thread is an old one   I have also made a video showing how his can be done safely. This is more up to date..... Than the link above IMO

Rich

2018-4-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules