Stuck in China?
1526 6 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMcGowen
lvl.1
China

Just tried to fly in China and got a new message today. It said I needed to link a mainland china phone number to the drone? Anyone have a workaround? I don't have a phone number here or even service outside of wifi.
2017-6-2
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

This is What I am saying this in my humble opinion DJI ulterior motive. If I paid for a drone to have GPS and GLONAS, and Vision censors why Does it Need now a Cellphone ? This happened to me in the USA It wanted a GPS enabled LTE Data Phone. But then I got around that by Downloading the Maps and Setting My Cellphone to Airplane Mode. Still a Major and Expanding Problem Soon Crashes Will be Blamed on loss of Cell Phone Signal 100% Guranteed.
2017-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

IceCold Posted at 2017-6-2 02:00
This is What I am saying this in my humble opinion DJI ulterior motive. If I paid for a drone to have GPS and GLONAS, and Vision censors why Does it Need now a Cellphone ? This happened to me in the USA It wanted a GPS enabled LTE Data Phone. But then I got around that by Downloading the Maps and Setting My Cellphone to Airplane Mode. Still a Major and Expanding Problem Soon Crashes Will be Blamed on loss of Cell Phone Signal 100% Guranteed.

Crashes are never blamed on anything, if you Aircraft malfunctions dji will replace it under warranty, if you crash or crash and loose your aircraft, that's down to you.

There have been many cases where dji have replaced aircraft because of malfunction, and many have not been replaced because of pilot error, I don't think dji are looking for excuses as to why aircraft crash.

You don't need a cellphone to fly your aircraft, you will see dji bringing out there own monitor soon crystalsky which is not cellular, so why would they blame crashes on no cell coverage?
2017-6-2
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A real name and contact phone number have to be registered with DJI / the Authority of China Government  in order to fly in China
2017-6-2
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

China require drone owners to register using their real names in bid to improve air safety
http://www.scmp.com/tech/enterpr ... heir-real-names-bid
2017-6-2
Use props
JMcGowen
lvl.1
China

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Sorry to hear your issue. Due to the real-name system is a must step in China. We are afraid that if you do not fill a mainland Chinese phone number, the drone would not fly and work fine. You can consider to register a phone number or ask a Chinese friend for help.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead. "
2017-6-4
Use props
JMcGowen
lvl.1
China

JMcGowen Posted at 2017-6-4 05:47
"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Sorry to hear your issue. Due to the real-name system is a must step in China. We are afraid that if you do not fill a mainland Chinese phone number, the drone would not fly and work fine. You can consider to register a phone number or ask a Chinese friend for help.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Above is the response I received from DJI Support email
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules