Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mounting the CrystalSky Monitor
4214 14 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Here's how to mount the CrystalSky Monitor.

2017-6-2
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

That's great. Now when are they going to be released so we can mount them.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

imagine it Posted at 2017-6-2 05:59
That's great. Now when are they going to be released so we can mount them.

Soon we hope!!
2017-6-2
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67753 ft
United States

The guy who narrates this needs to do every single video.  Do you think this guy knows when CrystalSky will be released?
2017-6-2
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else heard about the discounted prices on these?
See Florida Drone Supply https://www.floridadronesupply.c ... variant=35527914576
2017-6-2
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

I ordered the Crystalsky 5.5 for my  Osmo + and Mavic Pro. Your site said it was compatible with the Mavic and Osmo +.  No where on your web site is there any reference to how to connect and configure the Crystalsky to Mavic or Osmo +, either in supporting PDF docs. Or else where. I contacted tech. Support via chat,mthry had no idea and referred me to docs. that don't mention how to. Can you guide me to the correct and helpful DJI documentation ?
2017-6-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-6-2 14:13
Has anyone else heard about the discounted prices on these?
See Florida Drone Supply https://www.floridadronesupply.com/collections/new-items/products/dji-crystalsky-monitor?variant=35527914576

that's a nice price. Now you can buy the 80 dollar mount to put it onto your remote

Rich
2017-6-21
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CGS Posted at 2017-6-21 16:47
I ordered the Crystalsky 5.5 for my  Osmo + and Mavic Pro. Your site said it was compatible with the Mavic and Osmo +.  No where on your web site is there any reference to how to connect and configure the Crystalsky to Mavic or Osmo +, either in supporting PDF docs. Or else where. I contacted tech. Support via chat,mthry had no idea and referred me to docs. that don't mention how to. Can you guide me to the correct and helpful DJI documentation ?

They will connect as any device connects - I assume the 5.5 will slot into the Mavic handgrip as does any iPhone or device now. With the Osmo I also assume it will sit in the phone holder. That's why they are specific about the 5.5 being compatible with Osmo and Mavic - the larger ones will work but mounting them and carrying an Osmo with a big display is probably silly.

There is also a cable adapter for the Osmo Pro which would negate the use of Wifi to get a preview from the Osmo. Only for the Pro model though and not the regular one. The regular Osmo will connect to the CS monitor via wifi as usual.
EDIT: I looked - the CS 5.5 inch sreen is 19mm thick. The Osmo device holder doesn't appear to be big enough to hold the CS screen.
2017-6-22
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

Satureyes Posted at 2017-6-22 14:52
They will connect as any device connects - I assume the 5.5 will slot into the Mavic handgrip as does any iPhone or device now. With the Osmo I also assume it will sit in the phone holder. That's why they are specific about the 5.5 being compatible with Osmo and Mavic - the larger ones will work but mounting them and carrying an Osmo with a big display is probably silly.

There is also a cable adapter for the Osmo Pro which would negate the use of Wifi to get a preview from the Osmo. Only for the Pro model though and not the regular one. The regular Osmo will connect to the CS monitor via wifi as usual.

Thanks for your response. Yep, like you I looked at the Crystalsky HxWxD specs.. this thing is really thick and long too. There is no way this can fit in the current Osmo phone mount.
2017-6-22
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CGS Posted at 2017-6-22 20:43
Thanks for your response. Yep, like you I looked at the Crystalsky HxWxD specs.. this thing is really thick and long too. There is no way this can fit in the current Osmo phone mount.

I don't really understand though - they (DJI) say that the larger CS screens are not compatible with the Osmo and Mavic - so I was assuming that was because the holders are not suitable for the larger device. I don't see how the screen will fit - and there's a battery on the back.

The only thing I can think of is using the mount somehow- if they made a mount so that the bracket you keep on the CS for the phantom would also work on the Osmo and Mavic and you can slot it onto each device you want to use it with.
2017-6-22
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

CGS Posted at 2017-6-21 16:47

Darn DJI, they tricked me. I ordered the 5.5 Crystalsky, see my thread attached, and a cable. Got a great email saying 'your order has shipped ' . Yea, just opened the box, just a cable. What? Went and looked at the email saying my order had shipped. It listed both items, but in very small print, hard for my 63 year old eyes, it states the Crystalsky will ship at a 'later date'. What does that mean? This ticks me off. Oh boy get to call India now and get none answer to my questions.
2017-6-23
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

CGS Posted at 2017-6-23 10:26
Darn DJI, they tricked me. I ordered the 5.5 Crystalsky, see my thread attached, and a cable. Got a great email saying 'your order has shipped ' . Yea, just opened the box, just a cable. What? Went and looked at the email saying my order had shipped. It listed both items, but in very small print, hard for my 63 year old eyes, it states the Crystalsky will ship at a 'later date'. What does that mean? This ticks me off. Oh boy get to call India now and get none answer to my questions.

Just received an email from DJI support. They said the 5.5 Crystalsky I ordered will ship July 19th. I don't know if others will get theirs sooner or that is their official ship date for everyone?
2017-6-24
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

CGS Posted at 2017-6-24 10:20
Just received an email from DJI support. They said the 5.5 Crystalsky I ordered will ship July 19th. I don't know if others will get theirs sooner or that is their official ship date for everyone?

Well DJI surprised me again. The 5.5" CS showed up. Of course it does not come with a charger though. And your Mavic Pro charger is NOT compatible to charge the CS battery. I ended buying an Inspire charger for it. I got a great price on the charger from flyhighusa.com and talk to Ralph. He will do a great  deal for you. I also purchased from flyhighusa.com their bracket that excepts the DJI CS Mount. It fits perfectly in the Mavic Pro controller. It also works perfectly with DJI's phone mount for the OSMO if you have that too. Kill two birds with one stone.

I have an iPhone 6S. The viewable screen on the CS is almost identical to the 6S. But the CS is tons thicker. The CS blows the 6S out of the water in clarity in outside light. It's actually quite amazing.  Use it and it will be pretty hard to go back to a phone or tablet . Anyone who shows videos of different comparisons on light on YouTube will be useless. You just can't do an effective online comparison. I also have an iPad Pro which is really bright. Comparing it to the CS the iPad's white almost look grey. Indoors if you turn the CS full brightness, the whites almost strain your eyes. The colors are great, zero video lagging, very responsive touch screen and being and iPhone-iPad person I was concerned...I am not !

My first test I ran the Mavic through 3 full batteries, took a break between each battery. I did not allow the CS screen to sleep. I ran the monitor at full brightness. After three batteries and about 30mins on top of that just sitting with the screen on it only used 25-30% of the CS battery. My iPhone 6S would have died before this. There was no time outside I felt I had to use a sun screen, not saying there are circumstance you wouldn't prefer one. I find it very difficult on my iPhone to read telemetry data on the iPhone in sunshine even with a sun shade. I typically use the controller for telemetry and the 6S for camera. I found on the CS I never looked at the controller. I now can see everything so clearly.

Expensive setup. But for me, and my 63 year old eyes I can get all the help Ican,  it has made flying the Mavic all that more fun.
2017-7-14
Use props
JWL
New
Japan

CGS Posted at 2017-7-14 18:23
Well DJI surprised me again. The 5.5" CS showed up. Of course it does not come with a charger though. And your Mavic Pro charger is NOT compatible to charge the CS battery. I ended buying an Inspire charger for it. I got a great price on the charger from flyhighusa.com and talk to Ralph. He will do a great  deal for you. I also purchased from flyhighusa.com their bracket that excepts the DJI CS Mount. It fits perfectly in the Mavic Pro controller. It also works perfectly with DJI's phone mount for the OSMO if you have that too. Kill two birds with one stone.

I have an iPhone 6S. The viewable screen on the CS is almost identical to the 6S. But the CS is tons thicker. The CS blows the 6S out of the water in clarity in outside light. It's actually quite amazing.  Use it and it will be pretty hard to go back to a phone or tablet . Anyone who shows videos of different comparisons on light on YouTube will be useless. You just can't do an effective online comparison. I also have an iPad Pro which is really bright. Comparing it to the CS the iPad's white almost look grey. Indoors if you turn the CS full brightness, the whites almost strain your eyes. The colors are great, zero video lagging, very responsive touch screen and being and iPhone-iPad person I was concerned...I am not !

CGS, I just received my 5.5 CS as well, but I don't see how it can mount to my Osmo Pro using the cell holder if you have the battery attached. Am I missing something?!
2017-7-16
Use props
fansf3b35293
New
Flight distance : 17165 ft
Canada

Yes but what about the Osmo Pro?
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules