Rode Video Mic Pro
1987 3 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haneyca
lvl.4
United States

Does anyone use a Rode Video Mic Pro (shotgun mic, not the Rode mic DJI sells) with their Osmo? Does it work well? I'm thinking about getting one for use with various cameras and wanted to see how it worked with Osmo?

2017-6-2
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

I bought a Rode VideoMic Go, and was very dissapointed. These microphones have a weakness for 2.4 GHZ wifi signals. So when you are using it, your sound will sound like a dailup modem making noises. Switching it to 5GHZ (communication between Osmo and Phone) solves the interference. But then you got another problem; the location where you're filming has to be clean of 2.4ghz wifi communications.

Although i have to say, you have to be close by the source of the modem/router, it's not you can find the source by swooping left and right and detect where it comes from. But it's highly frustrating if you're indoors at a venue, where you want crisp sound and no interference on your recordings... This is a Rode problem, not related to DJI. I dont check this forum as much, as I am not using the Osmo much.
2017-6-4
Use props
Haneyca
lvl.4
United States

J C D Posted at 2017-6-4 03:19
I bought a Rode VideoMic Go, and was very dissapointed. These microphones have a weakness for 2.4 GHZ wifi signals. So when you are using it, your sound will sound like a dailup modem making noises. Switching it to 5GHZ (communication between Osmo and Phone) solves the interference. But then you got another problem; the location where you're filming has to be clean of 2.4ghz wifi communications.

Although i have to say, you have to be close by the source of the modem/router, it's not you can find the source by swooping left and right and detect where it comes from. But it's highly frustrating if you're indoors at a venue, where you want crisp sound and no interference on your recordings... This is a Rode problem, not related to DJI. I dont check this forum as much, as I am not using the Osmo much.

Ooh thanks for letting me know. Do you think the Video Mic Pro would have this problem as well?
2017-6-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If your mic is fixed onto the handle and near to the camera, inevitably you will pick up the fan noise and the audio will not be usable.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules