Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to Separate the Two Goggle Sections
4943 6 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneTone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3231654 ft
United States

Just received my goggles and I'm having trouble being able to separate the two pieces, goggles and headband.
Initially when I clicked the headband piece into the goggles, I didn't push it in quite far enough and there wasn't an electrical connection between the two units.
When I realized this and pushed the two halves together a bit more, (gently), I heard a satisfying click.
From then on the goggles functioned fine while using them with the Mavic.

However, after finishing and wanting to pack up the goggles I found I could not seem to separate the goggles and headband no matter what I did.
I've tried pushing and sliding the white button ontop the goggles in every direction and pushing and pulling on the headband piece and goggles piece,
all to no avail...   The online manual(s) are of little help.
Basically, I don't want to force something and break it.

Can someone tell me, (in painful detail), the exact way the two pieces should separate and what the procedure is?
I know it should be very simple, I just need to know how it is supposed to work and if I can help it along in the right direction.
Is there a way to slip a knife or something between the two pieces to release whatever locking mechanism is holding them together?

Thanks.

2017-6-2
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Noooo don't use a knife. I had the same issue with one of the goggle I have. I had to try several time but I got it to disconnect. When you are trying to disconnect them click the button and make sure the two part kind of straight and pull the head band away while holding the goggle firmly in the other hand. Only separate one side.
2017-6-2
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

The button pushes straight down. The angle is a little weird, back and up.

Edit- My photo didn't make it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8pm1falxosbr7i/IMG_2760.JPG?dl=0
2017-6-2
Use props
DroneTone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3231654 ft
United States

Thanks for the replies...
I was able to separate the two pieces finally.
Just knowing that I had to pull a little harder than I was expecting worked out.
Just hold the white button down and pull out the two pieces apart,
(but with a little more force than I would usually use for an expensive piece of electronic equipment).
2017-6-3
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-2 19:56

[view_image]

Thanks that helped me alot!
2017-10-22
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

It is unfortunate that the goggles are not a bit smaller so that it could be easily gripped by one hand. I have average size hands and getting the 2 parts seperated is always a bit of an issue for me.
2017-10-23
Use props
Stemiko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115 ft
Brazil

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-2 19:56

[view_image]

Thanks! It worked for me too.

'The button pushes straight down. The angle is a little weird, back and up.'  

(ie, From the position that you wear it, pull the head-ring back and up relative to the eye-goggles.)
2021-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules