Is palm control useless?
2112 10 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

At first i see the girl takes indoor photo by gesture control in the advertisement, so i think spark take photo right after u palm control it to the desire place.

But that's no the case. You have to enter follow mode before u can take a photo. To enter follow mode, u wave at spark and it FLY FURTHER AWAY and 3M IN HEIGHT. You can then take photos.

Therefore, the first place u want the drone to stay is meaningless  and no way can you take indoor photo like advertised.  so what's the point of palm control, especially to palm control the drone up and down?
2017-6-2
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Hong Kong

In the advertisement the girl use photo taking gesture right after Palm control. how to perform this??

first 20 sec :
https://youtu.be/a_KVQAcMZc4
2017-6-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many of these new features are just "gimmicks" at first then after all of us "beta testers" discover all the "bugs" DJI fixes them with firmware updates. After the updates the new features usually work as advertised
2017-6-2
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-2 12:56
Many of these new features are just "gimmicks" at first then after all of us "beta testers" discover all the "bugs" DJI fixes them with firmware updates. After the updates the new features usually work as advertised

that doesn't seem to be a bug cuz even dji tutorial video and  user manual says follow mode should be first entered and drone will fly away, before u can take photo
2017-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ricky Wu Posted at 2017-6-2 13:11
that doesn't seem to be a bug cuz even dji tutorial video and  user manual says follow mode should be first entered and drone will fly away, before u can take photo

you need to read the manual again you don't need to be in follow me mode you need to be in gesture mode, what your saying is totally misleading.
2017-6-13
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I'm still not launching or landing the Spark from or to my hand.  Props spinning that fast do not belong near my face or any appendages, Thank you very much!
2017-6-13
Use props
Magnil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Sweden

Yes it is useless. You can start follow me but you can not start recording. Just a useless gimmick.
2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Magnil Posted at 2017-6-14 03:35
Yes it is useless. You can start follow me but you can not start recording. Just a useless gimmick.

Yes it is a gimmick, but it's there for a bit of fun, can you name me one other dji aircraft where you can do this.
I don't think dji ever claimed this could be done, maybe your looking for a drone that will call to the cafe to fetch your favourite coffee. Lol
2017-6-14
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-13 12:35
you need to read the manual again you don't need to be in follow me mode you need to be in gesture mode, what your saying is totally misleading.

man you have to make it fly away before u can do photo gesture
i am not misleading
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ricky Wu Posted at 2017-6-15 01:04
man you have to make it fly away before u can do photo gesture
i am not misleading

Mine is arriving tomorrow, will get back to you.
2017-6-15
Use props
fanscdccb6f1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-15 01:09
Mine is arriving tomorrow, will get back to you.

the man is correct, mine arrived today and i tried for ages before reading up more on it and you HAVE to be in follow mode to beckon and use the photo gesture
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules