Disconnect Problems Anyone?
896 2 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Got the Mavic Pro about a week back and have, for the most part, been having a fun time with it.  But, as many here have been expressing, I have also been having disconnect issues.  Primarily with the DJI Go 4 app, but also with the Mavic Pro as well.  First is a probem, 2nd has the potential for crashing the craft.  Don't like either, but as far as I am concerned, losing connectivity between the remote control and the Mavic Pro isn't ever acceptable.  

WIth the above said, just about an hour ago my cell phone asked to update the DJI Go 4 app.  Since I have only been flying for about a week, this must be a new update.  Figured couldn't hurt, so I did the update.  After the update completed, turned it all on and got a good connection.  Not 3 hours before this, I could not get a connection to take off with, just kept dropping.  So, walked outside with everthing still turned on and set the craft on the front sidewalk.  Took it up to about 30 foot and it immediately indicated it found home and was updated.

So, up 30 feet, I decide to go up to 150 foot.  Did it fine, went to 400 and still fine, so I flew a bit around.  All was fine.  By now, it should have disconnected, as this was about the length of time I would mostly see before getting a disconnect.  Still good, so headed towards the mountains.  God about 3/4 of a mile, right to the lake and everything was OK, but signal strength at 2 and 3 bars.  Some stuff between us for sure and as I was watching signal strength carefully the whole time, decided to had back home.  Got here in one piece and landed by hand.  Everything was about as good as I think it should have been.

So, what happened between 3 or so hours earlier and now? Nothing except the update.  Went from an unflyable scenero to a good, clean flight in less the ideal conditions.

Maybe some of you people might want to check and see if you can get the update offered to me.  The current version on my android phone is DJI GO 4 v4.1.0(87-gpPhone) for any wanting to compare.

Good luck.

-Rodger
2017-6-2
Use props
Klaymen
New
Australia

Turn the phone to airplane mode all fixed
2017-6-3
Use props
HaZeR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 441158 ft
Russia

Recently there was a similar problem, also after the update. At 60 meters (height ~ 20) joystick stopped working. The broadcast was interrupted, and after all the picture stopped. It did not disappear, as if breaking communications, but stopped. Only the return home worked. Two weeks before, almost in the same place, at a distance of even 800 meters there were no problems.
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules