Can we extend spark battery life?
22177 5 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc09a842a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83054 ft
Indonesia

Dji spark promote that spark battery life is 16 minute, but from the review from them that have tested the spark...the normal spark battery life is between 10-12 minute
Is it possible for dji or after market company to produce batteryi that have more maH juice than the stock dji spark original battery
The stock spark original battery weight 95g...for my thought, it can double battery maH juice for adding 94g weight {:4_181:}
Will the balance of the spark handle diffrently by just adding 94g weight
2017-6-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure DJI will increase the battery life through firmware updates, it will come with a price, loss of power and top end speed. DJI has done it before, aggressive flight will probably only get 8-9 minutes, very disappointing ....
2017-6-3
Use props
Salimans
lvl.1
Indonesia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-3 08:24
I'm sure DJI will increase the battery life through firmware updates, it will come with a price, loss of power and top end speed. DJI has done it before, aggressive flight will probably only get 8-9 minutes, very disappointing ....

Ok thanks for the reply...normally with this firmware updates, how must time more that we get
I am new in using drone...by adding 94gram weight, will it make the balance of the spark behave big differently
2017-6-3
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Salimans Posted at 2017-6-3 17:07
Ok thanks for the reply...normally with this firmware updates, how must time more that we get
I am new in using drone...by adding 94gram weight, will it make the balance of the spark behave big differently

In my experience with racing drones, the trade-off with bigger batteries essentially equals out when nothing else is changed. Extra weight makes a big difference to flight characteristics so feels more sluggish and since its heavier, it tends to go through more power. All in all I am sure DJI played with many variations before landing at this one so I believe it will be an exercise in futility.
2017-6-3
Use props
Salimans
lvl.1
Indonesia

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-3 20:50
In my experience with racing drones, the trade-off with bigger batteries essentially equals out when nothing else is changed. Extra weight makes a big difference to flight characteristics so feels more sluggish and since its heavier, it tends to go through more power. All in all I am sure DJI played with many variations before landing at this one so I believe it will be an exercise in futility.

I get it...thanks
2017-6-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

A heavier battery would unbalance the unit and cause performance issues. Keep in mind that its only slightly bigger than the Mavic battery itself, so fighting any sort of wind or aggressive flying will affect the flight time.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules