Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loose IPad mount
1955 16 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TagTracking
lvl.2

Canada

Hi,
I've used my Inspire 1 for a coupke of days now (18 flights) and i had to thigthen the Ipad holder twice already. Aim i the only one with this problem?
2015-3-11
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

it comes loose pretty easily. I tighten mine up on a regular basis. Guess that's why is comes with a screwdriver.
2015-3-11
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

Same here I a m using my iPhone ! It's so annoying it's not strong to hold it! I wonder if they can do something about it! I am trying to get in the habit of using my screwdriver when I set the holder and the same when folding the iPad holder so that it won't get mess up over time.
2015-3-11
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Same here. Anoying, but not critical.
2015-3-12
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

It's because the plastic on the mount is wearing away bit by bit each time it's hinged backwards and forwards - not a very good design IMHO!
I have put two VERY thin plastic washers I had laying around in between the screw and the mount.... seems to have solved the problem but the washers need to be very thin.
2015-3-12
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-3-12 19:19
It's because the plastic on the mount is wearing away bit by bit each time it's hinged backwards and ...

Yeah, it's a common issue when metal meets plastic
2015-3-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put a dab of "RTV" on the threads.
2015-3-12
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

18 flights in 2 days? did you sleep in between days??
2015-3-12
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-3-12 19:19
It's because the plastic on the mount is wearing away bit by bit each time it's hinged backwards and ...

I like the washer idea!
I'm seeing white plastic dust on the Tx resulting from the wear and tear on the plastic.
Probably needs to be some wear to allow room for the washers...
2015-3-12
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

T J Gilbert Posted at 2015-3-12 20:55
I like the washer idea!
I'm seeing white plastic dust on the Tx resulting from the wear and tear o ...

Yup - that's what alerted me to the problem... white plastic dust!
After putting the washers on (about a week ago) no more dust and no more working loose
2015-3-12
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Yea, mine was loose too. But tightening it with the screw fixed it up. Haven't had it loosen in about 4 flights.
2015-3-12
Use props
TagTracking
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks all for your inputs. As for Acidsnow, couple of days should translate to a week or so. I don't have much time to play with it on my time but i do get pay to inspect communications towers with it :-)
2015-3-12
Use props
maybz
lvl.2

United States

Mine also wore out until it couldn't be tightened.  Returned to dji for replacement. Its a poorly designed part and wears prematurely as a result.  Disappointing for sure. I've actually been waiting to see if others reported this same issue.
2015-3-12
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

I'm thinking of buying one of these Secraft RC and Tablet holders. They look well made and you can get anodized colours as well

secraft rc and tablet holder.jpg
2015-3-12
Use props
misticsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87228484 ft
United States

Change that cheap screw to a real one with lock washer
2015-3-14
Use props
TagTracking
lvl.2

Canada

Thinking of adding two external tooth washer between the plastic mount and the aluminum bracket and replacing the flat head screw with a longer thump screw...
2015-4-3
Use props
manuelzulu43
lvl.1

Colombia

Hey, I have the handle screws really loose as well, has someone experienced the same? Actually one of the screws has fallen inside the radio and don't know what to do, HELP!!! I don't know if I should open the radio and do it myself... I'm in Colombia and it is a bit hard to send it all the way to the states.  
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules