No Signal - Camera Troubleshooting
2337 11 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RMP
New
United States

So, I put my P4P+ into the drink a number of days back. Dried her out and everything appears to be operational but the camera.

I have the dreaded "No Signal" error on the remote that I'm trying to troubleshoot  The gimbal seems to be functioning correctly as it goes through its startup motions. The controller is in camera mode but does not display any exposure settings and I can't change to movie mode.

I've also relinked the controller successfully.

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions on the next step to take?

Cheers!

2017-6-3
Use props
RMP
New
United States

I should also note that although the gimbal appears to be functioning (I can tilt the bird and it steadies) but the left finger wheel for tilting isn't working and nether is the assignable bottom button (point camera down or horizontal).
2017-6-3
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Change out the memory card worked for me had almost same thing going on. Mine didn't take a drink though.
2017-6-4
Use props
RMP
New
United States

Roger1167 Posted at 2017-6-4 08:47
Change out the memory card worked for me had almost same thing going on. Mine didn't take a drink though.

Thanks Roger1167. I tried that but had no change in behavior. I'm guessing if signal is poor enough you'd get this behavior as well? Although I have a "good" signal strength, watching the signal bars I do have quite a bit of green to red blink. I'm going to see if I can find a cleaner environment and see what happens.
2017-6-5
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Time to go see the DJI Doctors.
2017-6-5
Use props
RMP
New
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-6-5 03:50
Time to go see the DJI Doctors.

Yes, I think so. A clean signal and 2 different SD cards didn't solve the problem.

Suggestions on the most responsive channel to reach the Dr on? Is phone the best or is there a better channel?
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RMP Posted at 2017-6-5 16:14
Yes, I think so. A clean signal and 2 different SD cards didn't solve the problem.

Suggestions on the most responsive channel to reach the Dr on? Is phone the best or is there a better channel?

Unfortunately the main physician would not be able to treat that kind of condition since it can potentially damage their equipment. There's a chance that a general nurse practitioner could take a look at it, which you can refer to the link below for one that's more local to you:

http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Best of luck to you.
2017-6-5
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RMP Posted at 2017-6-5 16:14

I would give the service center a call in CA to make arrangements to get it in there.
2017-6-6
Use props
RMP
New
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-6-6 04:16
I would give the service center a call in CA to make arrangements to get it in there.

So I ended up chatting with support this morning and we went through some troubleshooting. The firmware refresh we tried resulted in a failure with error code 0x022403. The tech said that's an internal hardware problem. So off she goes to CA in the belly of a bigger bird!

Thanks for all the suggestions.
2017-6-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RMP Posted at 2017-6-6 04:49
So I ended up chatting with support this morning and we went through some troubleshooting. The firmware refresh we tried resulted in a failure with error code 0x022403. The tech said that's an internal hardware problem. So off she goes to CA in the belly of a bigger bird!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Glad to help. Something got wet with power applied and shorted out. Hopefully it is minor.
2017-6-8
Use props
cl9988
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9743747 ft
United States

I am having the exact same problem now.  These P4P's are really buggy.  I am on my 5th one since January due to various issues. One arrived brand new and dead, another fell from the sky and this one wont update and I have a "no signal" error.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

cl9988 Posted at 2017-8-6 16:34
I am having the exact same problem now.  These P4P's are really buggy.  I am on my 5th one since January due to various issues. One arrived brand new and dead, another fell from the sky and this one wont update and I have a "no signal" error.

Fine, but that has nothing to do with this thread. The OP here drowned his camera, it is not 'the exact same problem' at all.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules