How reliable is RTH when powering off R/C (hand set)
743 4 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I've read post about return to home initiating when remote control is powered down. I understand it triggers the RTH when signal is dropped.I am curious about real results, what are your experiences.  I had a lost signal once in woods video dropped and rth initiated but i cancelled with flip to sport as soon as signal was regained. Have never had a RC power down.
Have you powered down rc in flight and if so what happened. I want to try it tomorrow

2017-6-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sounds like you already had an experience with real results, what would be the point of testing with powering down when you've already seen the feature work? To see the Mavic actually complete an RTH this time? Just curious.
2017-6-3
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Yes I have was mainly asking for others first hand experience.  Do you have a first hand, RC was powered down RTH experience or are you playing devils advocate  I see it occasionally advised to  power down RC to initiate RTH and I would like to here from people that have powered down their RC to initiate RTH. What happened? I know it initiates the same result but its still not exactly the same.
2017-6-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Panaceabeachbum Posted at 2017-6-3 18:18
Yes I have was mainly asking for others first hand experience.  Do you have a first hand, RC was powered down RTH experience or are you playing devils advocate  I see it occasionally advised to  power down RC to initiate RTH and I would like to here from people that have powered down their RC to initiate RTH. What happened? I know it initiates the same result but its still not exactly the same.

Not trying to play devil's advocate, just curious as to what you were up to, and what I might be missing. And no, I have no direct experience. Sorry.

From my way of thinking, there should be no difference from a lost signal due to interference triggering an RTH than a lost signal due to a powered-down RC -- what's important to the Mavic is the lost signal.

2017-6-3
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

When ever the drone loses connection it returns to home as long as the GPS point was able to be set and the UAS has connection to GPS satellites. works everytime for me, tho i fly usually with alot of trees around so i don't trust it to land itself in that situation, but in an open field no prob.
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules