Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10" screen - HD bandwidth too low!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Anyone else seeing low bandwidth (3mb/s or less) using a tablet?  

I have a the 8.4" tablet and my son has the 10".  Both are Samsung Tab S tablets and both should really work pretty much identical, or so we thought until today.  Mine is getting nearly 14 Mb/s and only has a slight display lag.  Andy's is pretty much unusable, unless you want to pick up pieces of your drone after every flight.  

Both of us are new to the Mavic, so there may be something we are missing here, but unless someone here has found a way to make HD bandwidth faster already with their setup, I thing Andy may need to buy a different tablet.

Anyone have a clue?

-Rodger
2017-6-3
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

I have the Galaxy S10  and 9.7 S.  the 10 does not work, the 9.7 does.  You need GPS built in which could be your issue.  The 10S I have is wi-fi only, the 9.7 is wi-fi plus LTE.  Check Andy's tablet to insure  it is Wi-fi plus LTE.  My brother tried to use a wi-fi tablet and the latency was so bad, he decided to use his mobile phone (all mobile phone has to subcribe to a mobile carrier, hence, why they have GPS chips built in)
2017-6-3
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Both have GPS.  These are tablets without LTE.  Mine works reasonably with the DJI GO 4 app, but Andy's was not working due to low bandwidth.  Since this post, Andy's has done quite a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling.  He only knows what he did, but it is work better now with bandwidth around 12 Mb/s or so.  Now I need to figure out why Litchi isn't working right at all.  Screen just keeps going gray or partly gray.  Suspect it's related to the same bandwidth issues.

-Rodger
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules