Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CINESSD card 240GB recording in ProRes issue. UNDERSTANDING RECOR...
1485 3 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
angelillogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5930141 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all, I am new with the inspire and I am experimenting to record in 23.98p in 422HQ and with a 240GB. I am not using any SD cards at all and the phone I am using is a Note 7.

I notice that to start with the DJI application shows me that I have around 21 minutes and 10 seconds of capacity in the SD card (I am not using an SD card or any other card! I am only using the SSD card in the drone!) and 120GB in the SSD card (and it doesn't say how many minutes would that be...)

When I record those 21 minutes in a block it always divides the clips in four five minutes clips when I review them in the app (are those clips of the app the cache clips?).... when I've done the 21 minutes that shows under the SD card funtion the red and round record button changes and now a mobile phone simble appears in the middle and it doesn't record anymore on the SSD card (even when there is space in it!). To make the camera record in the SSD card again I have to delete all the clips from the app under the review button (cache?) and them it shows again the 21 minutes....

When I check the SSD card I have a folder for each time of those "21 minutes" blocks with 20 clips of 55 seconds each!!!.

I don't really understand how this works....

Anyone has an idea of how I couldn't just find out the filming time that I have with the SSD card (which is the only card I wanna use)?

Also according to this: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-cinessd-240g
I should only have to have 16minutes of recording if I was using a 240GB SSD card at 3840x2160 and at 23.976fps..... why I am getting around 3 "lots" of 21 minutes each?

If anyone understand anything of what is going on I would appreciate some help please....

I am happy to upload a picture if needed. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

2017-6-3
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I'm fairly sure that you need a SD card in the drone to be able to record to the SSD. Not sure why but that's what I've heard..

2017-6-3
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-6-3 17:19
I'm fairly sure that you need a SD card in the drone to be able to record to the SSD. Not sure why but that's what I've heard..

Well, at the moment when I take out the SSD card from the drone I can see the images in it and that is the only card I am using.....
Maybe I am doing something wrong?
2017-6-3
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry my mistake. I just checked it and yes, I do have a MicroSD card in the drone (my office mate put it in the drone without me realising).
But still, why the timings are not right with the SSD card?. Why I cannot record everything in the SSD card and not use the micro one?
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules