Mavic AND Spark?!
1662 8 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca03f17f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25499 ft
United Kingdom

I own and love my Mavic but don't get to fly as often as I would like. Now the Spark comes along and I'm sorely tempted to get one for indoor/back garden flying, but worried it will make the Mavic redundant. Aaaaaarrrrgh! Going round in circles on this one.

I'm so on the fence with it that I have cancelled my pre-order three times. What are other Mavic owners opinions of the Spark?
2017-6-3
Use props
fansfa5741ad
lvl.2
Germany

I sell my Mavic and order the spark. I have the same problem, that I use my Mavic not often. The size (Mavic, rc, battery) is to big  for the "daily" use. I think the size from the spark is perfect.
2017-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm not to sure why you fly, but for me I look at Mavic as some I use for photography and sometimes just flying for fun.
You say Mavic is to big, I can fit Mavic and RC and 3 batteries and props in a bag the same size as you would need for an SLR camera. If I want to take photographs 400 meters away I can with my Mavic to do this with an SLR I now need a very large lens and a much bigger bag, I can also get much better and more spectacular video footage with Mavic than I can get SLR.

I have purchased Spark and my intention is to use it for as you said, easy set up for taking aerial photos at close range, and basically just to have some great fun flying at reasonably close distance.

I will use both of them very differently, I also have p4p and for work I fly a matrice and I have specific reasons for these as well.

So I suppose if you think you are going to use Spark same way as you use your Mavic, then maybe for you one of these aircraft is enough.
Good luck..
2017-6-4
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Adding to what hallmark007 has already said - for me my Mavic is more of a "Dress Shoe" as in it can be worn for both business and pleasure, where the Spark will be more like a "Sneaker" that's easy to slip on and allows me to go places that my Dress Shoe wouldn't be practical.

Each quadcopter has different strengths and weaknesses but together they give me a very wide range of opportunities to fly and capture the moments.

As always, YMMV.
2017-6-4
Use props
fansca03f17f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I don't believe that the Mavic is too big. Just find the quick launch of the Spark appealing.
2017-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansca03f17f Posted at 2017-6-4 08:21
I don't believe that the Mavic is too big. Just find the quick launch of the Spark appealing.

Sorry mixed you up with the German guy post directly underneath yours,
2017-6-4
Use props
fansca03f17f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So what do other Mavic owners think? Is having a Spark too a bit excessive?
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fansca03f17f Posted at 2017-6-6 10:16
So what do other Mavic owners think? Is having a Spark too a bit excessive?

No, you will find that they both have specific uses. Why not make the Spark inside and the Mavic outside? Plus the camera is better on the Mavic.
2017-6-6
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have a P3 and a Mavic. Spark is ordered.
No drone will be replaced. A drone for every Situation.
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules