Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Grounded - Need Replacement Motor/Parts
9778 31 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caddwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453788780 ft
Australia

I have a burnt out Inspire 1 motor. I live in Australia where there are NO spare parts available from ANY Authorised or other Inspire 1 sellers.
I have so far found none that have performed service or warranty repairs due to NO PARTS.

DJI Chat Support originally advised that:
  • I was then advised to contact the dealer/supplier who as above has no parts nor carried out any warranty/service/or repairs on Inspire 1.
  • I purchase the motor part 3510 / 350kv from said dealer.
  • I asked how it would attach should I buy one, as the Inspire 1 motors are mounted by 4 Horizontal hex head screws (ie the motor has 4 feet that drop below it), not by what is shown in photos as what appears universally as Vertical/Underside screw fixings.

Based on the above I was then advised to purchase
  • "E800 (4*Motor/ESC; 4 pair props; Accessories pack; Updater for ESC)"
  • I asked again the same as point 3 above.

The DJI Store does not appear to sell individual Inspire parts I need, just "E800 (4*Motor/ESC; 4 pair props; Accessories pack; Updater for ESC)" which based on DJI Chat Support of not being able so say that it would actually fit and be suitable means they are guessing at my financial expense.

Is anyone at DJI able to give me a clear answer to a replacement and how I can get one.
2015-3-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you that the E800 motors are the same as the Inspire.  Finding a single motor is going to be difficult as you have found out.  The E800 just came out and comes in quad and hex configurations with esc's.  None of which you need.  I will check with the DJI Store manager in LA and see if such a part exists.  
2015-3-11
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

What made the motor burn out?   Just bad luck or was there something specific that happened?
2015-3-11
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-12 11:35
I can tell you that the E800 motors are the same as the Inspire.  Finding a single motor is going to ...

My overall concerns were mounting and compatibility. This is great information.

Many thanks.

Dave
2015-3-11
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Australia

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-12 11:55
What made the motor burn out?   Just bad luck or was there something specific that happened?

Sadly bad luck.
Low level slow flight and it went down from clipping a bush. Being close to the ground I didn't stand a chance.

It stopped on its side but the motors wouldn't stop, by the time i got to it, it was sending out smoke signals. Everything else is still bright and shiny.

My experiences with the Inspire have been great. Spare parts though are a problem especially for those who rely upon it for income.
2015-3-11
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

caddwizard Posted at 2015-3-12 13:13
Sadly bad luck.
Low level slow flight and it went down from clipping a bush. Being close to the gr ...

Dammit!   Almost the exact same thing happened to me last week, but I was able to shut the motors down before they cooked.   Sorry to hear, best of luck getting it in the air again soon.
2015-3-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is the part from DJI.com

http://store.dji.com/product/e800-4

2015-3-12
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

I have the E800 motor kit.
The E800 motors do not have the vertical feet that the inspire motors have for mounting.
I think the motor specs are the same but the mounts are different.
2015-3-12
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-12 23:46
Here is the part from DJI.com

http://store.dji.com/product/e800-4

In a later thread cypress6 says the kit doesnt have the legs.

How does DJI expect us to attach them?

Its starting to look like DJI are saying dont break the original else it will be permanently grounded.
2015-3-12
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Australia

cypress6 Posted at 2015-3-13 07:10
The E800 motors do not have the vertical feet that the inspire motors ha ...

I am very worried that DJI do not have appropriate replacement parts for the Inspire. Possibly why suppliers cant get them.

Thanks for your information
2015-3-12
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Australia

Here is a picture of a DJI Inspire 1 motor (and its mounting feet).

2015-3-12
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
United States

Here is a picture of an E800 motor from the (6) motor kit.

E800 motor

E800 motor

2015-3-12
Use props
pete.elvin
lvl.1

United States

Try this

eBay
2015-3-12
Use props
MysticRain
New

United States

@caddwizard, Any luck so far? i too had a similar experience with my inspire 1 yesterday. both on the right arm burn out. one of them still spinning at the speed before take off but smoke come if i set to take off speed. contact the local authorize dealer this morning and they don't have replacement motor. plus they are not sure when the part are available for sale. they recommend me to check back with them in 2 weeks.
2015-3-14
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Australia

MysticRain Posted at 2015-3-15 00:37
@caddwizard, Any luck so far? i too had a similar experience with my inspire 1 yesterday. both on th ...

Sorry to hear of your plight.

I managed to buy parts from another owner whose Inspire was damaged whilst in transit.

Was able to swap out the coil/base (that has those annoying feet) and reuse the magnet/CCW shaft. Not an easy task given the tightness of the cables and that its wires are soldered to the ESC.

I needed a fast turnaround and managed to GET VERY LUCKY.

I never followed through with Pete.elvin link as I got airborne.

Hope you manage to get airborne again very soon.

DJI - If you read this thread, your reputation is fast becoming a joke within the UAV community given the parts and service state of affairs. This is a true shame given how good the Inspire is.
2015-3-16
Use props
morg8651
New

Switzerland

Mine to, flipped over flying low clipped dead branch.
About 200 M distant I held down stick to stop motors.
But when I got close my bird was upside-down with smoking motors.
It's was quite easy to remove the motors. A little unsoldering of wires and  delicate little antenna connection. I feel quite capable of replacing them. But where to find?
Can you imagine "dji" you've bought a new car but you can no longer drive it because company does not have spairs available!.
Can you imagine I'm thinking about  respooling new copper wire. I've heard it can be done but that's so ridiculous.
I'm hoping China will grab the idea and produce counterfit motors.
I can't understand  dji's policy.
2015-3-31
Use props
morg8651
New

Switzerland

2015-3-31
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Looks like at the very least, there should be an adaptor kit to mount the E800's on the Inspire.

What a joke that even DJI staff don't realise they don't fit! It's almost laughable.
2015-4-1
Use props
rexsummerfield
New

United States

You can pre-order motors on Amazon and a few other sites now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... FYVR1ZWZZYN15J5YMG4
2015-4-4
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

It says they are in stock but Estimated Delivery Date: May 1 - 19. That does not sound like in stock to me. Plus, I am not sure i would buy  any motors for the Inspire unless I could see a picture of the underside of the motor with the mounts. Something easily overlooked by some person ordering these motors at some shop based on model numbers. There seems to be no difference in model numbers between the ones with mounts and the ones without mounts.
2015-4-5
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

Agreed.   Need to see if these have the four mounting feet or not.  If they don't then they're useless.  
2015-4-5
Use props
aarongreenlee
New

United States

Any news on this thread?

Thanks.
2015-5-17
Use props
bob
lvl.1

United States

aarongreenlee Posted at 2015-5-18 08:52
Any news on this thread?

Thanks.

Bump - it's absurd we can't replace the motors ourselves...I need 2 CCW.  If DJI had reasonable repair times I would just do that, but they don't.
2015-5-20
Use props
aarongreenlee
New

United States

I shipped my Inspire1 to the DJ California facility.  Now to play with the new S1000.
2015-5-27
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-12 11:35
I can tell you that the E800 motors are the same as the Inspire.  Finding a single motor is going to ...

Hey Ed, any luck regarding a motor replacement for the inspire?

I had two that burned out today and I really can't afford another 6 week wait when I could just install the new motor if I could obtain one.

2015-5-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

benjaminsink@ho Posted at 2015-5-28 10:42
Hey Ed, any luck regarding a motor replacement for the inspire?

I had two that burned out today a ...

Right now I do not know of any dealer or distributor that has any.  How did you burn out two motors?
2015-5-27
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

cypress6 Posted at 2015-3-13 07:10
The E800 motors do not have the vertical feet that the inspire motors ha ...

Is there any way the original Inspire motor casing can be reused with the new e800?
2015-5-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KnightOwl Posted at 2015-5-28 14:58
Is there any way the original Inspire motor casing can be reused with the new e800?

It may be possible.  It is held in place by a c clip.  We only recommend that you use equipment meant for the Inspire on the Inspire.
2015-5-28
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
United States

As Tahoe_Ed stated it might be possible. I have not taken the E800 motor apart yet but I can pop that C-clip and see whats up in there.
The only real difference in the motors are the way they mount to the aircraft.
Standby for some pictures.
2015-5-28
Use props
cypress6
lvl.2
United States

So I popped an E800 motor open. If you have motor damage it is more than likely to the stator portion and that is bonded to the lower motor housing.
If you scroll up in this thread "caddwizard" managed to swap a base out and get back to flying so you might want to ping him on the details.
2015-5-28
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.1

Germany

Maybe worth trying:

Did you notice that the spare motors of the matrice 100 have the mounting legs? Maybe they work.
2015-10-22
Use props
magicman98445
lvl.1
United States

Hello, is this thread dead?  I also need to replace the motors on my original Inspire 1.  Has anyone done any research on the above post about the Matrice 100 motors and if they would work on the Inspire?  Or has anyone purchased them and actually tried?

Thanks

2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules