RC not working
951 7 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

This just began yesterday.  I can't start the motors with the joysticks.  I used the launch button on my phone, the drone climbed to 5 meters and hovered.  Should have been way lower.  Joysticks do not operate the drone in any way.  Initiated the RTH on the RC and it worked.  

The light on the drone is green showing connected to RC.  I replayed the flight from the DJI app and can see the joysticks move but the drone just hovers.

Tried the RC link, and it's the same.  The switch is on RC and not Wifi.
Latest fireware is installed and also updated DJI app
Able to operate the gimble.  Not sure what else to do.

Any help is appreciated.
2017-6-4
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I would re-bind the RC to the Mavic and see if that fixes the issue . It sounds like it may be set to Slave instead of Master for some reason .
2017-6-4
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I guess I’m writing just to vent my frustration with DJI. I bought a Mavic Pro about two months ago and have had hit and miss luck with flying it. Now - NOTHING. It’s just a $1k brick and I have little expectation of it becoming anything else.

The more I read and watch videos from others with similar issues it becomes clear I have an expensive brick that does little more than beep and flash lights.

The Mavic and RC will connect and the RC will read “Ready to go” but the app will not connect. It will not connect to my iPhone7, it will not connect to my iPhone5s, it will not connect to my iPad mini, it will not connect using the GO 4 app and it will not connect using the Litchi app. It will not connect with the provided cables, it will not connect with Apple’s cables.
It will not connect in RC mode, it will not connect in WiFi Mode.

I’m stuck in a bad Dr. Seuss book.

It will not connect via the DJI assistant 2 app. In fact the DJI assistant 2 app will not allow me any other screen or options than to connect to an Inspire 2. Not helpful.

I’m not a computer guy but,  I can walk and chew gum at the same time and if I really concentrate I can do it while humming a song. That’s why I bought the Mavic, it was marketed as being simple to fly. After two months I cant make the props spin.

Beware the firmware update.

Perhaps DJI could ask Apple for help. Apple seems to be able to take a good idea and make it work for guys chewing gum, walking down the street humming a song.
2017-6-4
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Also try updating the firmware again on the remote.  This would be my second item to try after trying to bind the remote again.
2017-6-4
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2

United States

Sorry to hijack the thread. The above is why I bought the Mavic. I don't want a new hobby of drone flying. I want my drone to capture my existing loves of boating, fishing, and sailing.
Three days of nothing but trying to make the drone work again and nothing.
This shouldn't be so hard.
2017-6-4
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2

United States

Skip to the 6 minute mark. This is why I bought a drone. Cousin using a Phantom 3 captured these shots.
2017-6-4
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

Why would you post those videos in here?  Anyways, I tried reflashing the firmware with current one, also tried downgrading.  No success.  Also tried relinking the controller to the drone via the app and no success.

I keep getting a NFZ limit showing up on the controller but I'm nowhere near an airport and verified it with the Geo website from DJI.  Turn off Geo in the app as well.  I can't even start the motors in the simulator.  
2017-6-4
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

Fixed.  Controller got switched to mode 1 instead of mode 2.  Still don't understand why I had zero joystick controls after launching in real time and in simulator but now I know.

Hope it helps someone else.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules