White Balance not working?
1488 8 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Varun K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 985807 ft
United States

Every time that I fly my Phantom 4, the screen is always white. I have to manually set the exposure to make it normal, otherwise, the FPV becomes too bright to see anything. The White Balance seems to not work when it is set to auto and sunny. This happens even when I am flying away from the sun, at any time, especially in the evening when the sun is lower, and not as bright. Is there anything that I can do other than set the exposure manually, as it becomes annoying when I have to keep setting it manually. I even turned on the overexposure warning, and my whole screen had lines over it when the white balance and the exposure were on auto. I do not know if this is a problem with White Balance or Exposure, but this never happened before.
2017-6-4
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
United States

To add on, this only happened after the update, and no I have not crashed within that time.
2017-6-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That doesn't sound like a white balance problem at all.
It sounds like you have set the camera to overexpose.
Look at the camera data line on the screen and see what you have set for the EV value.
If it's EV+2.0 or EV+3.0 you need to dial it back to EV0.
2017-6-4
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
United States

Where would that be? Sorry, I have never experienced this problem before and I am kind of new to DJI.
2017-6-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Varun K. Posted at 2017-6-4 16:39
Where would that be? Sorry, I have never experienced this problem before and I am kind of new to DJI.

Camera settings (the three 'sliders' on the right of screen), then the camera icon, then 'Style'. Make sure it's not set to 'Custom' with settings wound up (default is zero).
2017-6-4
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the Help!
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Hi, there was a great suggestion on the camera settings. I was wondering if that resolved your issue. For the record, it is always a good idea to reinstall the App to make sure that the default settings are in place as well as the latest firmware update. Please post what you are seeing if the issue persists.
2017-6-7
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-7 07:14
Hi, there was a great suggestion on the camera settings. I was wondering if that resolved your issue. For the record, it is always a good idea to reinstall the App to make sure that the default settings are in place as well as the latest firmware update. Please post what you are seeing if the issue persists.

Hey Mark,
Sorry for the late reply, but the suggestion for going into camera settings and changing the EV helped. I am a little new to DJI drones, and I didn't realize that I was pressing and turning some things on the remote that changed it. However, I changed the EV and now the issue is gone.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Varun K. Posted at 2017-8-16 10:59
Hey Mark,
Sorry for the late reply, but the suggestion for going into camera settings and changing the EV helped. I am a little new to DJI drones, and I didn't realize that I was pressing and turning some things on the remote that changed it. However, I changed the EV and now the issue is gone.

Varun, we are glad to hear the problem got solved, hope you have a good time on flying and shooting.Please keep us posted if you have further questions.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules