Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone use DJI Goggles with Inspire 1
12Next >
12311 42 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all
Anyone using DJI Goggles with Inspire 1? the supplied HDMI cable is HDMI to micro HDMI but the Inspire 1's controller has mini hdmi port.
will the female hdmi to male mini hdmi adapter work? which one?

my adapter doesn't work.

Thanks
2017-6-4
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Look through the posts! A page or 2 down. Safety First! Ken.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans4056610a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004367 ft
United Kingdom

anyluck with this yet? i've got the goggles pre ordered for my inspire 1
2017-6-6
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

You best bet is cobbling together the best adapter solution with parts from Amazon - been there - not fun.
2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Keep us in the loop. Wonder whether there is any lag between video feed and physical movements?
2017-6-6
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

FYI, I bought a famale HDMI to male mini HDMI version 1.4 adapter, It works with inspire 1 and phantom 4 hdmi output very well.
Happy with the fpv video and no delay noticeable.
I have connected phantom 4 to goggles with usb cable but the delay was too much so hdmi is better.
Summary, The goggles is the best for the Mavic but with hdmi connection (get version 1.4 adapter)  inspire 1, phantom 3, 4  are perfect too
Enjoy your flying
2017-6-7
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-7 21:24
FYI, I bought a famale HDMI to male mini HDMI version 1.4 adapter, It works with inspire 1 and phantom 4 hdmi output very well.
Happy with the fpv video and no delay noticeable.
I have connected phantom 4 to goggles with usb cable but the delay was too much so hdmi is better.

I have just modded my samsung vr goggles to accept iphone 6s plus with Litchi app, picture is amazing gonna try tomorrow will upload video.
2017-6-8
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Here are some pics
vr1.jpg
vr2.jpg
vr3.jpg
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Please review which product works best with the DJI Goggles. The Inspire 1 would not be part of that. Here is some information that may help regarding that point: http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mark
Do you mean that dji goggles doesn't support inspire 1 with hdmi port?
2017-6-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I had a hard time finding the Mini-to-Micro HDMI cables.  I was trying to avoid the adapter route as some are too big near the ends and can hit some stuff near the HDMI socket on one of my headsets.  Only ones that seemed to have anything close were from B&H Photo so I bought these to see which I'd like for length and purpose (To me or someone else.):

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ... =1117212&is=REG
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ... =1065081&is=REG
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ... =1188146&is=REG

Didn't know there were so many different HDMI ends, as well as all the different USB ends on those cables too.
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi fansa84
Does hdmi cable work? Make sure it support 1.4 version
2017-6-8
Use props
Zephirus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531601 ft
Argentina

There is no way to use the gyroscope of the dji googles, with the "grimbal" of the inspire 1 no?

It would be fantastic to update the controls,
So they can link to the dji googles.
At most create an upgrade for the remote.
2017-6-20
Use props
Majorl
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 09:49
Please review which product works best with the DJI Goggles. The Inspire 1 would not be part of that. Here is some information that may help regarding that point: http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs

Why don't DJI just tell us what drone they work for. Should I cancel have an inspire 1
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-8 17:27
Hi Mark

Hi, thank  you for asking. In reviewing the product page further on the goggles, it does suggest that the Inspire 1 will hook up to an HDMI port. I stand corrected on this point. You can find that information here: http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles
2017-7-6
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goggles work fine with the inspire 1. All you can do is use them for FPV.I was using FatSharks via the HDMI and now just using the DJI's.Be sure to enable simaltanius out put within the Go app
2017-7-12
Use props
DBDagger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2783205 ft
United States

Yes I do. I also use the new Crystal Sky Monitor with the Inspire 1
2017-8-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Majorl Posted at 2017-7-3 14:39
Why don't DJI just tell us what drone they work for. Should I cancel have an inspire 1

DJI has a chart for the features supported. The HDMI out works with the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 can use both the USB and HDMI ports but does not offer gimbal head tracking to date. Stay tuned for future updates.
I have tested my goggles on I1, I2, Mavic, Spark, P4P

Rich

chart.jpg
2017-8-3
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey Rich I thought the Phantom 4 Pro did not have a HDMI output is that correct?

Thanks
2017-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-8-3 15:46
Hey Rich I thought the Phantom 4 Pro did not have a HDMI output is that correct?

Thanks

Correct, you can add the HDMI module to the back of the remote (same one used on the Inspire 1) for $99. The stock remote does not have HDMI out.  But the P4P-Plus has the HDMI out and monitor.

You connect the USB connector from the RC to the goggles and you are up and running. The only problem is you have to disconnect the tablet while the goggles are in use. I have been thinking about trying a USB Y connector to see if both can be used at the same time. I hoped that DJI could comment on this before buying the adaptor

Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
fans69cdadf1
New
Flight distance : 109485 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-3 17:36
Correct, you can add the HDMI module to the back of the remote (same one used on the Inspire 1) for $99. The stock remote does not have HDMI out.  But the P4P-Plus has the HDMI out and monitor.

You connect the USB connector from the RC to the goggles and you are up and running. The only problem is you have to disconnect the tablet while the goggles are in use. I have been thinking about trying a USB Y connector to see if both can be used at the same time. I hoped that DJI could comment on this before buying the adaptor

I'm having the same problem with the goggles and my Inspire 1. I can only either use the goggles or view through my phone. I can't find a way to be able to use the goggle and my phone at the same time.
2017-8-5
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans69cdadf1 Posted at 2017-8-5 10:04
I'm having the same problem with the goggles and my Inspire 1. I can only either use the goggles or view through my phone. I can't find a way to be able to use the goggle and my phone at the same time.

Have you turned on the HDMI output on the remote. It is within the DJI GO app
2017-8-7
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2017-8-8
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:21
DJI has a chart for the features supported. The HDMI out works with the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 can use both the USB and HDMI ports but does not offer gimbal head tracking to date. Stay tuned for future updates.
I have tested my goggles on I1, I2, Mavic, Spark, P4P

It is extremely disappointing that the DJI Goggles do not support gimbal control or anything else for that matter on the Inspire series , specially (though I don't own one) on the I2, makes absolutely no sense to me that Litchi with iOs or Android devise can and does control it. I ordered one and if the visual is not absolutely mind blowing they are going back. DJI crew, any rumors, possibilities this feature will be incorporated in a future firmware update?
2017-10-22
Use props
fans122e4a1d
New
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-7-6 12:32
Hi, thank  you for asking. In reviewing the product page further on the goggles, it does suggest that the Inspire 1 will hook up to an HDMI port. I stand corrected on this point. You can find that information here: http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles

I am sure that there was info on DJI website that the inspire 1 was supported when I ordered my pair of goggles, but now I'm trying to get them working and it seems that they will only work with the Inspire 2, as the DJI Assistant seems to want to connect to the aircraft.
2017-11-10
Use props
Zephirus
lvl.2
Argentina

oww nice, really the vr mode is fantastic, i test it , whit samsung galaxy core prime, (the screen is very bad, more pixelated) i use a noga vr googles xD
in your application, does the vr limit you only to fly 50m away?
I have not been able to buy it yet, because it does not take my credit card from the playstore.
but somewhere someone told me, if I do not have an internet connection,
and I'm logged in, that does not unlock. Is it like that?
Sometimes I fly in very distant places where there is no cellular signal.
which would be a problem if each flight requires activation.
In any case, the little flight that you make is fantastic,
I want to try it with some cell phone like samsung s6, or similar
that has a screen in 4k, to see what it looks like.
2018-1-13
Use props
Zephirus
lvl.2
Argentina

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-8 19:15
I had a hard time finding the Mini-to-Micro HDMI cables.  I was trying to avoid the adapter route as some are too big near the ends and can hit some stuff near the HDMI socket on one of my headsets.  Only ones that seemed to have anything close were from B&H Photo so I bought these to see which I'd like for length and purpose (To me or someone else.):

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=email&A=details&Q=&sku=1117212&is=REG

I have an HDMI cable, but it's smaller than the control, I think half the size, I do not know if it's from a tablet or the gopro, but look on the internet and I think the ones I found in Argentina were all very small,
Male Mini-HDMI Type-C? It would be the right one?
2018-1-13
Use props
Zephirus
lvl.2
Argentina

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:21
I have tested my goggles on I1, I2, Mavic, Spark, P4P

inspire 1 is a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX , is a obsene drone XD
the truth is that if other applications, take better advantage of grimball, should happen the same with those glasses, how sad I want to buy the google dji.
but even if I buy an inspire 2, it does not help me much either
I think that the DJ programmer bought 20 high-end cars and will not program anymore.
2018-1-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zephirus Posted at 2018-1-13 04:01
I have an HDMI cable, but it's smaller than the control, I think half the size, I do not know if it's from a tablet or the gopro, but look on the internet and I think the ones I found in Argentina were all very small,
Male Mini-HDMI Type-C? It would be the right one?

DJI sells the correct adapter too. HDMI "A" to HDMI "C"

LINK TO PAGE

IMG_9527.jpg
2018-1-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zephirus Posted at 2018-1-13 04:10
inspire 1 is a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX , is a obsene drone XD
the truth is that if other applications, take better advantage of grimball, should happen the same with those glasses, how sad I want to buy the google dji.
but even if I buy an inspire 2, it does not help me much either

The goggles work with the Inspire 1 but no head tracking.  It really looks nice even if you do not have the latest technology .... Yes the Inspire 2 supports the gimbal head tracking now see the charts below
Rich

dji goggle info chart.jpg goggle conections.jpg
2018-1-13
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-13 12:19
The goggles work with the Inspire 1 but no head tracking.  It really looks nice even if you do not have the latest technology .... Yes the Inspire 2 supports the gimbal head tracking now see the charts below
Rich

Hi Rich, davawt here,
Your dead right the Goggles are only for hdmi output on the Inspire 1.v2
I use my iPad for flying the drone on first RC and my brother has control of the camera function on second RC with his view via the goggles. Works great, bye
davawt
Safe Flying Rich
2018-1-28
Use props
A.U.S.
lvl.2

Australia

Now that we know the Inspire 1 'can' work with the DJI Goggles, does anyone have a link to the 'specific' lead they are using for this (without adapters etc)?

With Thanks
A.U.S.
2018-4-14
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>

Get the adapter from DJI, it's cheap and you are sure to get the right one no biggie, I have the Yuneec goggles and use the same adapter
2018-4-15
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-8 17:27
Hi Mark

it supports the I1 as an fpv viewer only no other functions are supported
2018-4-15
Use props
A.U.S.
lvl.2

Australia

Hi mixchief, did you mean this one? ...

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... om=search-result-v2

With Thanks
A.U.S.
2018-4-16
Use props
A.U.S.
lvl.2

Australia

or these perhaps?...

https://store.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2-cables

Regards
A.U.S.
2018-4-16
Use props
Jordak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954140 ft
  • >>>
United States

A.U.S. Posted at 2018-4-16 02:45
or these perhaps?...

https://store.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2-cables

A.U.S. it is this part. DJI Goggles - HDMI (Type A) Female to HDMI (Type C) Male Adaptor. I copied that off of Carolina Dronz page. Search that name, you will find it and it's about a five dollar part. I did not see it on DJI website.
2018-4-16
Use props
A.U.S.
lvl.2

Australia

Thank-you Jordak, i was having a devil of a time decoding it all.

Whoops,... when i do a search to eBay, it just shows a small adaptor (i have seen this on DJI), but not the actual "lead".

Now i'm more confused..roflmao.

Cheers
A.U.S.
2018-4-16
Use props
Jordak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954140 ft
  • >>>
United States

A.U.S. Posted at 2018-4-16 20:38
Thank-you Jordak, i was having a devil of a time decoding it all.

Whoops,... when i do a search to eBay, it just shows a small adaptor (i have seen this on DJI), but not the actual "lead".

A.U.S. watch this video should help you.  
2018-4-17
Use props
A.U.S.
lvl.2

Australia

2018-4-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules