Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll - What's the weight that is regulation free in your country?
2767 18 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

In your country, what is the weight at which drone regulations come into affect?
If you don't know please don't guess.

Single SelectVote, Total 52 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

53.85% (28)
7.69% (4)
5.77% (3)
7.69% (4)
25.00% (13)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In my country you must register over 1 kg or if your drone has substantial parts, i.e. I think The body of Mavic is a substantial part so I register, it costs only €5 every two years, you get lots of notifications specific to your area i.e. Notams temporary no fly zones and a whole host of other stuff. Your I'd is barcoded on small sticker so it also helps with lost and found. In my situation I'm in favour of registering.
2017-6-5
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-5 07:33
In my country you must register over 1 kg or if your drone has substantial parts, i.e. I think The body of Mavic is a substantial part so I register, it costs only €5 every two years, you get lots of notifications specific to your area i.e. Notams temporary no fly zones and a whole host of other stuff. Your I'd is barcoded on small sticker so it also helps with lost and found. In my situation I'm in favour of registering.

So does that mean if your drone is less than 1kg you can fly it anywhere you want with no rules?
2017-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-6-5 08:23
So does that mean if your drone is less than 1kg you can fly it anywhere you want with no rules?

Rules for hobbyists are the same as commercial, flying from 1 kg to 2.6 kg above 2.6kg you need a license.
Commercial pilots can apply to fly outside rules but must have SOP permission usually takes 24 hours.

Below 1kg unregistered you still are governed by same rules 400 meters height 120 meters 30 meters from a person 120 meters above 12 or more people. And of course controlled and uncontrolled airspace.
2017-6-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You missed 0 grams, regs in the uk have no minimum. tiny whoop same as an inspire
2017-6-5
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

In Danmark a new set of rules on drones will be enforced starting july 1, 2017, and for all drones one of the major rules will be the respect of other people privacy.

Drones will also be differentiated by weight and one of the distinctions will be between micro drones (under 250 gr at takeoff) and lesser drones (from 250 gr. to 25 kg.)

Another distinction will be between flight "in built-up areas", which will require a licence,  and flights for sport and leisure, only outside of built-up areas.

For the latter, and for drones weighing more than 250 grams (including the Spark, at 300 grams) :

-owner must be registered with the Transport and Constructions Authority , and registration number issued by Authority must be affixed to drone, together with name and phone number
-drone must be insured for 750,000 Euros
-pilot must have a "drone proof" issued by the Authority after passing a theory (rules) test on the web, or be a member of a recognized model aircraft club (and of the national model aircraft club (which includes the required insurance)
-flights can be performed only outside of built-up areas, at a 150 meters distance from major roads, railroads, beaches, gatherings of persons, sensitive buildings like prisons, military areas, sensitive factories, sensitive natural areas, outside of  fenced private areas unless with authorization from owner, at least  50 meters from persons who are not participants or spectators of the flight, and of course airports (5 km from civilian and 8 km from military)
Drones above 7 kg  for leisure and sport can only be flown at a model club designated flight area.
2017-6-5
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

For Australia

Australia's safety laws for drones, or more technically correct, remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), as defined in the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Part 101, vary whether you are flying commercially or recreationally/for fun.

When flying for money, or any form of economic gain, you need to have an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC), or if you're flying an RPA weighing less than two kilograms, simply notify us.

When flying for fun and not commercially, or for any form of economic gain, then the regulations are less restrictive and allow you to fly an RPA without needing to be certified, providing you follow some simple safety rules.

Check out our information sheet on the basic rules for flying RPAs.
2017-6-5
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-5 11:42
For Australia

Australia's safety laws for drones, or more technically correct, remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), as defined in the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Part 101, vary whether you are flying commercially or recreationally/for fun.

Do you have a link to your simple safety rules?
I am visiting in Sept and want to bring a Mavic and a Spark should it be shipped on time.
2017-6-5
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-6-5 11:48
Do you have a link to your simple safety rules?
I am visiting in Sept and want to bring a Mavic and a Spark should it be shipped on time.

https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/flying-drones-australia
2017-6-5
Use props
Lonerider
New

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-5 08:32
Rules for hobbyists are the same as commercial, flying from 1 kg to 2.6 kg above 2.6kg you need a license.
Commercial pilots can apply to fly outside rules but must have SOP permission usually takes 24 hours.

Is this the same for the UK?

If so, who do I have to apply to please?

Regards, Muz.
2017-6-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonerider Posted at 2017-6-6 09:54

Article 241 - endangering safety of any person or property
A person must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger
any person or property

Article 94 - small unmanned aircraft
(1) A person must not cause or permit any article or animal (whether or not
attached to a parachute) to be dropped from a small unmanned aircraft so as to
endanger persons or property.

(2) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft may only fly the aircraft if
reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made.

(3) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct,
unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in
relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the
purpose of avoiding collisions.

(4) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft which has a mass of more
than 7kg excluding its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or
attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight, must not fly the
aircraft:

(a) in Class A, C, D or E airspace unless the permission of the appropriate air
traffic control unit has been obtained;

(b) within an aerodrome traffic zone during the notified hours of watch of the
air traffic control unit (if any) at that aerodrome unless the permission of
any such air traffic control unit has been obtained;
or
(c) at a height of more than 400 feet above the surface unless it is flying in
airspace described in sub-paragraph (a) or (b) and in accordance with the
requirements for that airspace.

(5) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must not fly the aircraft for
the purposes of commercial operations except in accordance with a permission granted by
the CAA.

Article 95 - small unmanned surveillance aircraft
(1) The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the
aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in
accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.

(2) The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are:

(a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;

(b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than
1,000 persons;

(c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the
control of the person in charge of the aircraft;
or
(d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

(3) Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned
surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.

(4) Paragraphs (2)(d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small
unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in
charge of the aircraft.

(5) In this article 'a small unmanned surveillance aircraft' means a small unmanned
aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data
acquisition.

Article 2 and Schedule 1 - Definition of terms
Commercial operation

For the purposes of the Air Navigation Order 2016, "commercial operation" means any operation of an aircraft other than for public transport -

(a) which is available to the public; or

(b) which, when not made available to the public, is performed under a contract between an operator and a customer, where the latter has no control over the operator, in return for remuneration or other valuable consideration

Small unmanned aircraft

means any unmanned aircraft, other than a balloon or a kite, having a mass of not more than 20kg without its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight.

What is a congested area?
The Air Navigation Order defines a congested area as being 'any area of a city, town or settlement which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes'.
2017-6-6
Use props
Lonerider
New

United Kingdom

Thanks ACW, will make a great bedtime read.
2017-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lonerider Posted at 2017-6-6 09:54

In U.K. It's slightly different but similar check this link out you will get all the info you need.
http://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/M ... ones/Flying-drones/
2017-6-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonerider Posted at 2017-6-6 10:15

LOL - basically, keep it away from airports, make sure you can see it, keep it under 400' and away from people and built up areas are you'll be fine! Oh, and most important of all of course - don't make any money with it unless you have permission...
2017-6-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonerider Posted at 2017-6-6 10:15

But no need to register a drone in UK for rec use weighing less than 25,000g and no need for a licence either!
2017-6-6
Use props
Lonerider
New

United Kingdom

Thanks hallmark007 & ACW, solid info. Looking forward to getting my Spark and enjoying the view from above 5" 8" - lol
2017-6-6
Use props
EynErgy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97113 ft
Belgium

In Belgium,

Anything that flies is concerned by regulation.

Less than a kilo:  You can fly on private property up to 15m  (15 not 150). Forbidden in public area
1-5 Kg: first level of regulation, you need a permit (and pass an exam). For leisure only
1-??kg professional use: you need a license (complex exam) and your drone must be registered.

I really hope Europe will align regulation to something more useable, because here in Belgium it is just horrible
2017-6-11
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

In Denmark there's no regulation free weight. So none of the options are valid.
2017-6-13
Use props
fans146c4de3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14186 ft
Canada

I dont want to even say how badly Canada's is...... sign... still getting a Spark though!
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules